13. Tell Me What's Your Name, Because You Have All of My Heart

Three Halves to Make Me Whole

Chapter Thirteen
Tell Me What's Your Name, Because You Have All of My Heart

 

“You’re going to Yixing-Hyung’s recital?” Baekhyun asked as Kyungsoo was slipping on his shoes.

“Yes.”

“But he said it wasn’t a big deal and that none of us needed to go,” He added, sitting up from the couch he was laying on.

“And you believed that he meant that, because you’re a ,” Kyungsoo sated and the brunet frowned.

“Yeol, we should get dressed and go with Kyungsoo,” He said as the younger came from their room, a pile of pillows and blankets in his arms.

“No,” Chanyeol and Kyungsoo said in unison, though Chanyeol’s was more of a whine.

“You two can’t sit still long enough, you’d get kicked out,” Kyungsoo said, grabbing his jacket. “So enjoy your date night in. I don’t want to come home to you two on the couch again,” He added, pocketing his keys before he left the pair alone.

 

Chanyeol dropped the mess of blankets and pillows onto the floor, padded his way to the television stand, putting in some romantic comedy that he had noticed Baekhyun paying attention to the previews for when they had been watching tv a few weeks ago. He then made his way back to the couch to put a couple of pillows where Baekhyun’s head had been, nudging him to lay back on them. The black haired male then took the blankets, draped them behind himself like a thick cape before flopping onto the smaller male who groaned in pain.

“How many times are you going to do that? I like being able to breathe you oaf,” Baekhyun grumbled, wincing and Chanyeol adjusted so his head was on the other’s chest, moving it around every few seconds until he heard the other’s heartbeat and he hummed contently. Baekhyun looked down at him, rolling his eyes before tugging on a small tuff of the younger’s hair. “You and your weird fixation with heartbeats,” He said and Chanyeol gave a small shrug before snugging closer, wrapping his arms under and around the brunet’s waist.

“It’s soothing. Makes me believe everything’s going to be okay, even when we fight,” Chanyeol said, turning his head a little bit to look up at the other with his right ear still over Baekhyun’s heart. “Any time we have, you’ve let me lie like this after things calmed down, and then we would talk things out.” Baekhyun found himself unable to look away from the other’s gaze, feeling his heart beat quicken, and Chanyeol smiled. “And I know it beats for me,” He added, looking back to the television screen.

“You’re so greasy, I need a shower,” Baekhyun mumbled, his cheeks burning as he reached for the remote, selecting play. The pair didn’t make it half way through the movie before Chanyeol was lulled to sleep by the sound of Baekhyun’s heartbeat, and soon after Baekhyun was by the rhythmic motion of the other’s breathing.

~

Yifan looked himself over in the mirror once more, adjusting his bow tie for at least the sixth time, groaning when he looked to his hair. Out of all the days to be having a bad hair day, why did it have to be today? He huffed a sigh, trying once again to fix it, but when it started looking worse he stopped, fearing how bad it would end up if he kept messing with it. He straightened his vest a little before making his way from his apartment and down the few blocks to the school. He was early, by quite a bit, and he found himself hopelessly unsure where he was supposed to be going.

 

The promotion committee really needed to do a better job at putting signs up for this sort of thing. He thought before he finally saw someone, a short male with dark brown hair, who wasn’t quite as dressed up at Yifan was. But he was pretty sure that the recital was the only thing going on at the end of the school year so he took a chance and called out to him.

“Hey! Are you here for the music recital?” He asked, the short male turning to him, pausing before giving him a nod “Do you… know where it is?” He pressed and the male pointed down the hall in the direction he had been going before Yifan ad called to him.

“Last door on the right; they’re always in the auditorium in this section of the building,” The other replied, Yifan looking down the hall where he was pointing. That would be easy enough to remember. He looked to the other to thank him, finding that he had already started walking down the hall again and he closed his mouth slowly before trailing after him.

It was almost an hour later before the lights in the auditorium dimmed and the hostess came onto the stage to give an over view of whom all were going to be performing. She clapped twice and the spot light on her went out, leaving the room in darkness for several moments. The sound of a piano filled the room and the spotlight slowly came back on, Yifan surprised to see Jia at the bench playing. Had she mentioned something about being part of this?

An hour later after several performances, some playing the piano, others the flute, some the cello and many others playing instruments that Yifan didn’t know the names of, the hostess returned and Yifan frowned. Where was the beautiful boy he had come to see?

“Alright, to conclude our performance this evening, we have Zhang Yixing, who was selected by the University of the Arts in China as representative for their school during his last performance. Please enjoy his final performance for us before he returns to his home country,” She said, looking to the left of the stage and waving towards herself.

Yifan’s heart jumped into his throat as the blond stepped out of the shadows and he was able to see a dimple poking into one of his cheeks as he smiled and thanked her before taking a seat at the piano. His heart thundered in his chest so loudly that he expected it to drown out the piece that the blond was playing, thankful that it didn’t. Again the blond – Yixing… He finally knew the other’s name – took turns between having his eyes closed as he played, and looking at the keys with that gentleness that made Yifan want to cry and he had to remind himself to breath throughout the other’s performance that didn’t last nearly long enough.

Yixing held the final cord for his piece as the lights in the auditorium slowly came back on, pulling his hands from the keys to stand and give a bow, and Yifan was once of the first few up to give him a standing ovation. The applause slowly faded and the hostess returned to the stage, thanking the crowd for joining the music department for their end of the year recital and wishing them all a wonderful break. Yifan saw the rows and rows of people begin to file out while Yixing was still standing on the stage. Once his row, fourth from the stage, filed out he made his own way to the isle and started weaving through the several people towards the blond. He had to tell him how radiant he looked playing the piano, how the way he looked at the piano mesmerized him, even just a hello would be enough-

He stopped, seeing another blond join Yixing on the stage, pulling him into a tight hug and when they pulled back his heart dropped from his throat, where it had been since the start of the performance, to his stomach as Yixing kissed the other on the cheek. The other blond looped his arm around Yixing’s and they started down the aisle, Yifan frozen as they passed him.

~

“You okay?”

“Yeah.”

“You wanna stop?”

“…Yeah.”

LuHan say up, and then moved off of Minseok’s legs that he had been straddling, sitting beside where the coper head was laying. He looked over at the other slowly, eyes trailing over his chest decorated with a few small hickies, then up to his closed eyes.

“Stop it,” Minseok said, and LuHan tensed.

“Stop what?”

“Feeling guilty,” Minseok replied and LuHan looked away from him as he sighed. Minseok opened his eyes, looking over to the other before he rolled onto his side to face him. “You’re not comfortable going any further, so we’re not going further. It’s as simple as that, so I don’t understand why you keep beating yourself up over it.”

“Because you are comfortable to go further,” LuHan argued and Minseok lifted his head, propping himself up with his right arm, the side of his head laying in the palm of his hand.

“And you know that for a fact, how?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow, which silence the brown haired male for a moment.

“Because… you’re not anxious when we go further than the time before.”

“Or I am, and I’m better at hiding it.” LuHan stared at him for a moment.

“What?” Minseok shook his head, sitting up and crisscrossing his legs, tugging his boxers down when they rode up his thighs.

“I’m nervous too. But I trust you won’t try to hurt me. That’s why I’m willing to let you take control,” He explained. “You’re so focused on trying to force yourself to be okay with going further to take care of me that you’re not listening to your own body,” He reached out, brushing the tips of his fingers over the other’s bare shoulder to test the water. When LuHan didn’t flinch, he rubbed his palm up and down the other’s upper arm to try and soothe him. “It practically screams stop. And I don’t like that,” He added.

LuHan took a deep breath, letting it out slowly before he nodded. “So, how about you pick a movie for us to watch, and I’ll make us something to drink?” Minseok offered, picking up LuHan’s folded short and his own folded shirt and pants from the floor, putting them in his laundry basket before retrieving a pair of sleep pants and a baggy shirt that LuHan kept in one of his dresser drawers. He held the sleepwear to the brown haired male alone with a smile that LuHan slowly tried to match as he took them. He turned from the other, slipping off the bed as he made his way to the bathroom to chance, and Minseok closed his eyes, rubbing his face with his hand, taking a deep breath.

I need a shower. He thought, turning back to his dresser to pull out sleepwear for himself, trying to will his hard on away.