-one-

Once Upon a Winter in Munich

Jieun sat in the cab, watching the gray cityline blur by through the clear glass of the cab. Tired from the long flight in from Korea, Jieun's eyelids drooped and closed over her eyes as she fell asleep, head leaning against the cool glass of the cab.

'Hey, miss..?' The voice with a light Germanic accent drifted past her ears, followed by a pair of gentle hands shaking her by the shoulders gently.

'Wha.. what..?'

'We're here, miss.' The cabbie spoke kindly as he took a step back, letting Jieun get out of the cab and look around her.

'Brandenburgische Street?' Jieun asked, rubbing at her eyes sleepily while fumbling for her purse to pay for the trip.

'Yes, Miss. Here you are.' The cabbie pointed toward Jieun's backpack and luggage, smiling as he gave Jieun the change back from the cab ride.

'Take care, Miss.' Jieun bowed respectfully, the Korean way of doing things.

'Wait... this isn't the right place...' Jieun mumbled, looking around at the surroundings again, looking for a proper streetsign.

'This is.... Bavaria State Opera?' Why am I here..?' Jieun sighed to herself, slapping herself on her forehead.

'I must have said something wrong in German... Now how do I get back.' She flipped open her phone, scrolling through the list of numbers for someone, anyone she could contact for help.

'Maybe.... Dad? Mom? Will they be asleep? I don't want to disturb them...' 

'Hana? Hyosung unnie? Maybe I should find someone whos here...' Clicking off contact over contact, she paused at the letter 'Y'

'Yongguk oppa? He's in Europe, isn't he?' Jieun pondered for a moment.

Jieun remembered Yongguk from a conference she had attended when she was in Seoul, where all the contractors and designers congregated to socialize.

'He /is/ a little obnoxious, I'll give him that. But he's here.. so...' Jieun sighed, proceeding to call Yongguk.

'Yongguk, hallo?'

'H.. Hello? I'm Jieun.'

'Oh, Song Jieun-ssi? How can I help you this fine... night?'

'Yongguk-ssi, I'm actually in Europe. Are you busy right now..?'

'Well... wait a second.' Yongguk seemed to go away for a moment, before coming back to the phone.

'Okay, I'm free now, whats the problem?'

'Well... I'm somewhere in Munich and I'm lost and I don't know how to get to my apartment..'

'Calm down, Jieun-ssi-'

'I am calm, just tell me how to get to the place!'

'Woah, slow down there, miss genius. Where are you exactly?'

'Well... the Bavaria State Opera.'

'Okaaaayy. Stay there, I'll be there in an hour.'

'What-' Before Jieun could protest, Yongguk had already put down the phone.

'Well, all I can do is wait, I guess....' She nodded and looked around.

'Can I sit somewhere..?' Jieun started towards a bench, sitting down and hugging her bag in her arms.

 

 

-----

Yongguk is coming soon! But something else must happen before that too!!!