chapter 2

If Tomorrow Starts Without You

 

 

After a few hours of pure torture of listening to lectures (according to the students), the bell for lunch was heard in the entire woollim high.

As expected the student's dash out of their rooms the moment their teacher is out of sight.

'Hey gyu hurry up i'm hungry and i'm sure that little diva will rant us if we let him waited there for just a minute.'

'Really woo? You practically eat all the food in breakfast and you said you've already ate at your house and you're still hungry? Is there a monster living in your stomach?'

'Yah gyu you're so mean! What can i do, auntie cooks great and it's not my fault that i get hungry easily.'

'Ha ha it's just a joke and stop pouting you look weird(sunggyu don't want to admit but he can't resist his dongsaeng's aegyo) anyway let's go to cafeteria before sungjong kill us.'

They left their room in a hurry to reach the cafeteria.

 

 

***

 

 

When the bell rang hoya gathers his things and walk towards his bestfriend.

'Hey L wake up let's go to cafeteria .' Hoya nudged his desk.

'Go away.'

'I'm not going not unless you're coming.'

L sits up in his chair and glare at hoya.

'who said i'm going with you? You really like to disturb me that much?'

'As long as you're like that i'm not going to stop bothering you and stop glaring remember i'm still older than you. Just for once stop being a brat. So you want to come or what?'

'Tsk. ok i'm coming but you're going to pay for my food for disturbing me.'

L walks ahead of hoya. Despite L's behaviour towards hoya, he's grateful because hoya doesn't stop being his friend.

 

 

***

 

 

When Dongwoo and Sunggyu reach the school's cafeteria they notice Sungjong already seated in their usual place.

'Hey jongie.'

'Hey hyungs thank goodness i thought i'd wait for you for a long time.'

Before Dongwoo can respond to sungjong, they heard the loud squealing of girls. And they turned their attention towards the commotion.

'Who's that? Is he a new student?' Sunggyu notice the boy that just entered the cafeteria.

'Oh isn't that the one they called "Ice Prince"?' Dongwoo said while picking a piece of fries in sungjong's tray.

'Ice Prince? what are you talking about woo? What kind of nickname is that? We're not living in a fairy tale world.'

'Oh my gosh hyung don't you know him?' Sungjong and  Dongwoo look at sunggyu in disbelief.

'Did i have to ask you if known him? So who is he? Is he an important person in our school or is he a son of one of the school board or something?'

'Hyung really!? How come you're the schools sbp but you don't even know the popular students in our school?'

Sunggyu might be the top student and sbp of woollim but he focuses more in studying and task of being an sbp than knowing about other student's affairs or who among the students are the most popular. Heck, he doesn't even know that he and his two friends are popular among the students.

Sunggyu frowns. 'It's not like i'm in charge with all the information  of all the students in our school.'

'Gyu, how come you didn't know? He is also the drama club president.'

'But i never seen him in any of our meerings and i thought that Lee Howon was drama club's president cause he's  the one who always attended it.'

'Is that so? I've heard some students say he never try to socialize with anyone before except his bestfriend and when he's talking to drama club members. And when the girls try to give him a gift, he just accepts it with a straight face.' Dongwoo stated.

'Then why did they even bother to give him a gift? It's not like his the only guy in this world.'

'Hyung you really don't understand, you don't even have some romanticism in you. There's this aura around him that eventhough his cold like that, you can't bring yourself to hate him. And the girls said his different when performing in drama club that's why many girls wants to join the club.

'Then it's useless to join the club if they only want to see him.'

Sunggyu try to figure out what sungjong said and he can't help himself not to glance to the boy they are talking about. For a moment he freezes in his spot when the boy also looks at his direction and they made an eye contact but he looks away in just a second.

Dongwoo notice sunggyu's silence . 'Hyung is there something wrong?'

Sunggyu cleared his throat. 'Uh nothing let's just drop this subject, we need to eat we still have our next class in a few minutes.

Dongwoo groans. 'I almost forgot there's a few more hours of torture.'

Sungjong and sunggyu can't help but to laugh at dongwoo's complains forgetting what they talked about and continue eating in silence afterwards.

 

 

***

 

 

After buying their lunch L sits besides hoya ignoring the squealing and whispering of the girls around them. But he can't help himself to take a look around the cafeteria but as he raise his head he made an eye contact with the person few tables away from them he can't explain what he feels when he see the pair of eyes of the other. It's a new feeling he can't figure out and he feel disappointed when the said person looks away in just a second.

'Hey L are you alright?' Hoya nudged his arm.

'Huh? Uh yeah are you saying something?'

'Yeah, i'm asking you when are we going to start dram club's practices for the new school year.'

'Hmm... Maybe in three days? It's just the start of our class let's give the members more time to adjust. What do you think hyung?'

'I think you're right, it's nice to think that you also care about our members.' Hoya smile towards L.

L shrugged. Let's just eat mr. nice guy the food's are getting cold.

'Alright you are just being shy.' Hoya mumbled to himself.

 

 

***

 

 

After lunch break the students get back to their respective classes   same for the three bestfriends before promising to each other that they will wait in the school gates after classes ends.

Dongwoo is happily taking notes for his favorite subject not noticing his friends unusual self.It's unusual for sunggyu who can't concentrate with the teacher's lecture. His mind is occupied by something(or someone).

He can't forget the coldness of those eyes. Even for a second he notice the sadness and loneliness behind those pair. He felt like he wanted to erase the sadness in them but why does he feel that way? He doesn't even know that guy. Sunggyu ask himself for many times but he can't understand himself.

He doesn't remember the time he space out until he was break from his deep thoughts when the bell rang indicating the end of classes for that day.

'Hey gyu are you alright? You've been spacing out for the entire lecture you don't even have taken your notes it's not like you.' Dongwoo said worriedly.

'I'm alright woo just thinking of some stuff.'

'About what?'

'Just forget it, i'm alright you don't have to worry.'

'Are you sure? You know...'

Before dongwoo finish his sentence they heard sungjong's loud voice.

'Hey hyung as i thought you're still here i don't want to wait for you alone in school gate that's why i just get here. What are you guys still doing here let's go home!' You can just chat while we are walking right?'

Sunggyu ignores sungjong lectures. 'Ok ok i'm getting ready i thought i was the one who always nags? Sungjong's even worst.'

Sungjong pouted and his hyungs can't help to laugh at him. 

Just like that their 1st day of school ends with new unknown feelings they need to find out..

 

 

 

 

a/n: chapter 2 thank you for waiting guys thank you for the subscribers!! see you!!