Chapter 9

The Fire Of My Heart

 

~*~

Beautiful Brides Cry on their Wedding Days

Not because they are sad

But because they are so unbelievably happy
~*~

 

If anyone had bothered to ask Yongguk what he was feeling right now, he was sure that he would have never been able to explain it in the slightest. Hell even the look on his face had a few of the guests confused as he somehow managed to look a mixture between excited like a child on Christmas morning, terrified of his life, worried about things not going at all according to plan and a little on the depressed side as if all of this great situation was suddenly hitting him. According to Youngjae it was the look of a man about to get married and the smirk had told him that he would never live it down.

 

It still didn’t stop him from clipping his younger brother around the ear as he placed the final piece of the dress uniform which he had opted to wear. His real Matoki General Dress Uniform was unfortunately left behind on the planet far far away as it wasn’t really a necessity at the time. However Yifan had been able to do a little bit of clever work and had made a quite frankly amazing replica of the dress uniform with hand stitched lapels and all sorts of finer detailing that quite frankly amazed Yongguk.

 

The younger man had merely said that he had a good memory for things like that, though when probed it turned out that he had borrowed a little of Jongup’s powers to make sure everything was as authentic as possible. It was a very much appreciated thought however and Yongguk was looking forward to being able to thank the other for his hard work.

 

Though he was still looking forward to seeing Himchan in the wedding Hanbok that he had picked out for him. That would be the most precious moment in his life, after the birth of his son naturally.

 

A light fanfare started and Yongguk tried to keep his eyes firmly forward on the priest in front of him as he wasn’t supposed to turn around as per tradition but the man smiled and nodded, “Take a look, you won’t be disappointed.”

 

Nodding his thanks and gulping down a little of the nerves that were still lingering in his throat, Yongguk turned to look at his bride and felt almost as if time had come to a complete standstill in shock, awe and wonder. There was his Himchan, at the end of the isle wearing a stunning dark pink hanbok with simple but exquisite flower embroidery on the skirt and the sleeves and even on the silk tie that ran perfectly along. It was simple, elegant and beautiful and selected such so that it made Himchan’s natural innocence shine through. Himchan did not need to be bedazzled in jewels, covered up with layers of material to give him shape or curves or whatever it was. All Himchan needed was something to extend his natural beautiful lines and highlight his complexion.

 

To Yongguk, Himchan had never looked more beautiful in any other hanbok. Excluding the first one he saw him in which had been a simple white lace lined one from his home town that was faded and clearly handed down through the ages as holy. It had looked out of place next to all the riches and finery of the other Brides who had arrived at the castle but it had made Yongguk give Himchan more than a second glance at the time and whilst he hadn’t realised it at that moment, he had fallen head over heels with the unknown Bride though the path to claim his love had been long and drawn out.

 

Pushing those thoughts to the side, Yongguk smiled as he offered his hand towards Himchan who took it with a radiant smile that was filled with love and tried unsuccessfully to stop the large droplets of water from falling down his long natural eyelashes.

 

The ceremony itself passed in a blur from that point, neither one of them really remembering anything more than the fact that they were looking at one another the whole time, reciting words that had already been spoken many millions of times to one another and sharing the moment with their closest friends and family. It was a shame that their parents were not there in order to share in the moment when their lips connected to seal the marriage between them but neither Yongguk nor Himchan could really bring themselves to mind too much at the moment.

 

The cheers for their wedding were loud and plentiful and Zelo made his presence known by adorably rushing over to the pair to demand hugs and kisses as well. It was so innocent and cute that not a single person could honestly bring themselves to tell the youngster off for the slightly bad behaviour.

 

The next time that Himchan was actually able to focus on anything without feeling like he was in some wonderful fairy tale was when the night time breeze gently caressed his face as Yongguk led him out onto a balcony which had been reserved just for them so that they could share in some quiet tender moments away from the party that was in full swing in the rooms behind them. Letting out a contented sigh, Himchan pulled himself closer to Yongguk and pressed many kisses to his lips before finally pulling back, “Thank you.”

 

“For what?” Yongguk asked, looking a little on the bemused side as he stared lovingly at his wife.

 

“For all of this,” Himchan said softly, “For always being the one who was there for me, for being the one to give me love and hope when all looked bleak and for risking everything to rescue me. I don’t think that I’ve ever properly thanked you for that.”

 

Gently Yongguk smiled, brushing a stray piece of hair that had fallen out of the hair decoration back into its proper place, “You thank me every day for doing that Himchan, without even realising it.” Chuckling a little at the confused look from his wife, Yongguk couldn’t help but feel his heart beat a little more, “You thank me each time you smile to me, each time you berate me for not getting this or that, for every little kiss that you give for any number of reasons. You also thank me with making the most stunning meals every night even when you’re run off your feet, every time that you yell at me for something that I should have done an age ago and you thank me every single time you take care of Zelo and make him laugh, smile and be the most wonderful little boy in the entire world. Himchan, I don’t need to hear you say thank you for what I did, because even if I had another chance at this life, I would go back and save you each and every time without even needing to be asked.”

 

Himchan’s shoulders slumped a little and he looked vulnerable and lost for a few seconds before finally that beautiful and radiant smile came back onto his lips. “I think that’s the most beautiful thing that you’ve ever said towards me,” the blushing bride said softly towards the other.

 

Yongguk blushed a little, “Really? Man I thought I had mucked up by being way too mushy.”

 

A burst of giggles escaped from Himchan’s heart lips as he smiled up at Yongguk, pressing their foreheads together with his eyes closed in a beautiful smile, “The day that you are too mushy to me is a day when everything is going to hell in a handbasket.”

 

The General frowned at that term before pulling Himchan close, “Well I’ll just make sure that that day never comes then, my love.”

 

“Now that I like that sound of,” Himchan replied with a slightly husky voice, standing just a little on tipee toes in order to press a kiss to Yongguk’s lips before pulling back with a glimmering look in his eyes that was all too familiar to the man holding him.  “Shall we retire for the night?” Himchan asked in his most husky and seductive voice that made his husbands legs almost go weak at the knees.

 

Though he managed to rally himself just enough to smirk back towards the other, “Why? Do you want to give Zelo a little brother or sister?”

“Maybe,” Himchan said whilst his fingers ran up and down the others clothed chest, “Or maybe I want you to just spend the night making passionate love to me and doing all of the naughty thing that you promised me one drunken night so long ago that you’d do.”

 

For a second Yongguk raised his eyebrow in shock but then grinned like a wolf who had just caught his prey and pulled Himchan into a tightly passionate and needful kiss that was returned with the same level of devotion and desire. They pulled away only due to the absolute need for air to refill their lungs and then they shared a smile with one another.

 

Yongguk wasted not a second longer, pulling Himchan up into a typical bridal hold before heading up a set of concealed stairs that lead up to the bridal suite where the door was closed and no one was permitted entrance.

 

Not that anyone was going to disturb them of course, they all knew what would be going on and no one really wanted to see that in the slightest.

 

There was one small person who managed to get onto the balcony though. Zelo had managed to finally give his caretaker the slip and rushed onto the balcony to try and find his parents but they had long gone up to bed. Not that the youngster really minded, he had been told repeatedly that tonight was a special night for the pair of them and he would probably not see them until the morning. Zelo had just wanted to say goodnight to them really but if he couldn’t find them then there was nothing that he could do about it really.

 

Hugging his blue Matoki plushi to his chest, Zelo trotted carefully to the edge of the balcony and clambered up onto a box to cast his dark eyes up towards the star strewn sky with all the innocence and wonder of a child. He let out a peal of laughter when he spotted what he was looking for and he grabbed hold of his rabbit’s hand to point, “There, see, Toto, there it is!”

 

Shining in the stars high above was a series of yellow glowing dots that had steadily been getting bigger from the single specs that they had been. Zelo had not mentioned them to anyone as of yet because he was convinced that he was the only one who was meant to share them but it was fine to share them with Toto because he’d never spill his secret out to anyone.

 

It would be years later that Zelo would learn the truth behind those lights and it would change everything he had ever known.

 

Fin

 

To Be Continued

 

Authors babbling

Finally after an age of not updating I get around to this and boy am I so happy. Lovely bit of fluff to finish this all off and now to relax and work on my other fics. 

Oh for those of you interested, this is Himchan's Wedding Hanbok so you can see what Yongguk chose all those months ago. 

Now a quick question for you all that I'll hope you answer. In 2016 I'm planning to continue on with the Fireau arch but I want to know by general consensus if you guys want the Prequal or the Sequal. 

The Prequal will obviously be set on Matoki and will focus on Himchan coming to the City, falling in and then out of love with Zico and starting to have feelings for Yongguk and the Sequal will revolve around the Matoki Planet making contact with Earth and Zico coming to the planet to learn that Himchan is not only alive but has a family. 

I have ideas for both but realistically I can only work on one at a time but thought I would put it out there to find out what people wanted first. 

anyway, comment below and I'll hopefully see you at the next one

Chao!