For you I will do everything

For you I will do everything

It was a day like always. Yesung went to see his boyfriend Ryeowook. They have been together for 2 years now and they were still madly in love with each other.

Love was the only reason Ryeowook still had hope. 1 year ago his whole life changed. He got into an accident and lost his eyesight. Yesung never left his side, always staying with the short boy.

Ryeowook´s family was poor and it was nearly impossible to pay the hospital bills. The short boy had to stay in there, because his results weren´t good. He always was weak and the accident made it worse.

Ryeowook´s eyes still could be saved, but the operation would ruin the family. It was hard enough to get the money for the hospital. Behind the younger´s back Yesung got a job in the evening and night, to work as much as possible with the reason to earn as much money as possible for the op.

 

“Ryeowook.” Yesung said softly after he had entered the hospital room.

“Yesung!” the younger exclaimed happily. “You came!”

“Of course I´m coming.” Yesung walked to the boy and kissed his cheek. After school hand ended Yesung would always come by to watch over the boy. The afternoon was fully Ryeowook´s time. From the money he earned he never even touched one coin, he would only use it for his lover.

Ryeowook was always a cheerful guy, he always smiled and his eyes were shining brightly whenever he was with Yesung. Those shining eyes had vanished after the accident had occurred. Even his smiles decreased. The boys would always smile in front of Yesung, but after a two year relationship Yesung knew the smile was only a cover to not make him worried.

Yesung took Ryeowook´s hand. “How are you feeling today?” he asked worried.

“I´m fine, like always. I waited for you and now you´re finally here.” the boy gently smiled. Yesung caressed the boys cheek. “Are you really fine? Don´t lie to me...” Yesung said quietly.

“My results are bad again...” he whispered. “The doctor said if they stayed like this I would have to take stronger medicine.”

Yesung looked sad, this where the moments he was somehow glad Ryeowook couldn´t see him, the brunet never liked seeing him sad.

“Don´t be sad. It will get better once the whether will be better. You know they always get bad when it´s raining outside.” the short boy said after Yesung didn´t say a word.

Yesung got up from the chair he was sitting on and sat beside Ryeowook on the bed. He leaned forward and kissed the others lips softly. “I hate seeing you hurt or in pain. If I can do anything just tell me, I will do everything I can..”

Ryeowook smiled. “Stay by my side.” and make me see again, the boy didn´t say his last wish and desire out, to afraid Yesung would get sad. Ryeowook wanted to see the boy in front of him again, he wanted to see his smile and wanted to get lost in his eyes again.

Yesung never left his side and the short boy was more grateful than he could ever be. Yesung was the only reason he still hoped that one day he would be able to see again.

Three hours later Yesung went to his job. He was now working for nearly half a year. He had worked since 2 weeks after the accident, to be able to make the one wish come true the boy never said out loud. But Yesung knew him well and after all it was also his biggest wish.

 

Good evening.” Yesung said politely and bowed. He worked in one of the biggest companies in Seoul – the Choi Cooperation. Normally people without a school education wouldn´t get a job, but the son of the chairman was Yesung´s childhood friend. They had known each other since 4th year of elementary school. Siwon would give Yesung all of the money beforehand, but his father was against it. After all it was a big sum and Yesung understood his decision, he would have done the same. The chairman than offered Yesung the job, to be able to earn the money. It was a simple but hardworking job. He carried things from one place to another, like boxes or reports. To be honest Yesung did all the jobs no one wanted to do or was to lazy to. Luckily for Yesung a lot of people worked overtime or the night shift. A lot also wrote letters and put them on Yesung´s table so he would do the jobs when they already left. The more he did, the more money he would get. Everyone knew the reason Yesung did the job, so they let him do all those jobs on purpose.

Yesung was fast, every evening and night he did all the work the workers left for him and the chairman and Siwon where amazed at his willpower. Yesung was willing to do every job possible to make his beloved Ryeowook see again.

He didn´t sleep much, mostly around 3 hours. He never slept in class and would always listen. The more he will learn and understand in class the less he has to learn at home. When they had exams he learned while working.

At 3 o´clock he was finished with all the work and went home, luckily he lived close to the company and hospital. Yesung was living alone, he came to Seoul for high school and left his hometown and his family. Never once he doubted his decision of going to school far away from home. He met Ryeowook and was also able to see Siwon again, who moved away in middle school. They were now in their second year of high school.

Yesung already earned a little more than half of the money he needed for Ryeowook´s op and he was willing to work even faster and more.

 

The next day, school took longer than always. Yesung wanted to see Ryeowook so badly, he missed him even if they saw each other the day before.

“You seem out of it today.” Siwon noticed.

“I want to see Ryeowook. I miss him.” Yesung sighted and let his head fall onto the desk. Siwon only laughed “You saw him yesterday!”

Yesung grinned. “It´s still weird him not being around here in school, I can´t get used to it. I want to see him, kiss him, hug him, just be with him.” the boy sadly smiled.

“I know, but soon you will be able to. Hang on a little more and you will see him smiling like he did back than again.” Siwon encouraged him and put a hand on his shoulder.

Yesung smiled at him. “You should go visit him too.” he than added grinning “But after I will be at work.”

“Don´t worry as if I would dare to interfere your time together!” Siwon laughed.

 

After school Yesung quickly went to the hospital and Ryeowook already waited for him.

The boys agreed to eat in the cafeteria together.

Yesung took Ryeowook´s arm and showed him the way. “Be careful here are stairs.” he said warning. He was already used to help Ryeowook and the boy was glad to have Yesung helping him as much as possible.

They finally reached the cafeteria and bought the food for both. The people in the hospital knew about their relationship, so they were used to their lovey-dovey mood.

Both boys enjoyed the time together. And like always Yesung started to feed the boy beside him. Ryeowook blushed, but Yesung ignored it, finding it rather cute.

Before he went to work the short boy´s parents wanted to talk with him.

“Good evening Ms. and Mr. Kim.” Yesung said bowing politely.

“Hello boy.” Mr. Kim said, “How are you? You look tired.”

“I´m fine, thank you.” Yesung said a bit stiff.

Ryeowook´s parents were first against their relationship, that´s why Yesung didn´t want to do anything wrong. After the accident they started to accept him, because he never left the short boys side and even worked to earn money for the operation fee. They were more than glad Yesung helped them.

“Don´t overwork yourself. You should sleep and eat more.” Ms. Kim said caring.

“I´m not overworking myself. I have to earn the money, so Ryeowook´s wish will come true.” Yesung said firmly and Mr. Kim laid a hand on his shoulder and smiled. “I don´t know what we would do without you.”

 

Work and school tried Yesung out. He had a lot to do and to much to learn, with everyday it got harder and harder. The dark haired boy didn´t sleep enough, nor did he eat enough. Luckily, he didn´t have to work today.

 

“Ryeowook, I´m here.” he said happily, but than noticed the boy was asleep. Yesung sat beside him and carefully kissed his forehead. He took his hand and watched Ryeowook sleeping, until he slowly drifted into dreamland as well.

A while later Ryeowook woke up and felt someone was holding his hand. This can only be Yesung! He thought. The soft hair and the warmth of the hand were so familiar. The boy had to be really tired to fall asleep that deeply.

Ryeowook slowly and carefully leaned forward to kiss Yesung´s head. It was hard for him, but he was already used to it.

“I love you.” whispered Ryeowook.

“I love you too.” Yesung responded. He woke up after he had felt Ryeowook kissing his head. The short boy was lightly surprised and then asked worried, “Did I wake you up?”

“No, you didn´t” Yesung said gently and leaned forward to kiss Ryeowook´s lips. The sudden kiss made Ryeowook blush. Yesung laughed lightly “Even after two years you still have the same cute reaction.”

Ryeowook was even more embarrassed and tried to hide his face, but Yesung didn´t let him. “Don´t hide it, it´s so cute! I want to see it.” he said softly.

Ryeowook moved to the side, so Yesung could sit beside him. Softly Yesung pulled the younger into a hug. Ryeowook leaned his head against the boys shoulder and breathed in the familiar and lovely scent of the other. Slowly Yesung pulled him away and put his hands on Ryeowook´s face. He leaned in and kissed him lovingly. He asked for entrance with his tongue and Ryeowook willingly opened his mouth a bit. The kiss got deeper and the boys explored each others mouth. First no one had the domination but soon Yesung got more forceful. After a few seconds they pulled away to catch their breaths, but Yesung soon closed the space again, not getting enough of Ryeowook. The kiss got even deeper and it was like they exchanged their feelings without words.

Ryeowook lightly moaned into the kiss and Yesung, taking the moan for an approval, deepened the kiss.

They broke the kiss and breathed harshly, leaning their foreheads together and feeling the warm breath of the other. Ryeowook nudged his head into Yesung´s chest and the boy laid his arms around him, pulling him even closer.

“I missed you.. I want to stay with you forever.” whispered Yesung.

“I missed you too...” Ryeowook whispered back.

The short boy didn´t sleep well the night, so soon he fell asleep again, this time in Yesung´s arms. Feeling save and loved he fell into a deep sleep. Yesung smiled, for him it had a deep meaning. Ryeowook loved him and with actions like this he showed it even more.

He caressed the shpt boy´s hair and promised him “I will make you see again, one day I will see you be happy again.” It broke his heart to see Ryeowook like this. A tear escaped his eyes, he pulled him closer and whispered, “I will make you see again.”

 

In the evening Ryeowook woke up still feeling Yesung beside him. “You´re awake sunshine?” Yesung asked gently and Ryeowook yawned and rubbed his eyes cutely while nodding, “I always seep so good beside you.”

It was silent for a moment but that Ryeowook spoke up, “Yesung..?” he paused, but than continued, “Lately you seem so tired.. Is everything okay?” he asked worried.

“I´m fine Wookie, so don´t worry.” Yesung responded.

“Yesterday Siwon hyung came by and I asked him why you´re so tired lately and he said I should ask you. Yesung... tell me if something is wrong.. I´m worried.” the short boy looked really worried and Yesung couldn´t help himself but smile.

“I´m working to earn money.” Yesung said honestly,

“Since when?” Ryeowook asked worried.

“2 weeks after your accident.” Yesung didn´t like lying to Ryeowook, so he always answered sincerely.

“Why and where?” Ryeowook seemed really worried.

“At Siwon´s fathers company. I´m doing jobs like bringing one report to another person. I´m getting paid for how many jobs I can do.” Yesung said, he thought it would be better to tell Ryeowook everything right away, instead of the boy asking everything. “The reason why...” Yesung stopped.

“Why?” Ryeowook repeated. After a few seconds Yesung sighted and whispered “For you.”

Ryeowook didn´t seem surprised and just asked once more “Why?”

“To make your wish come true. You never said it out loud, bit I know you Ryeowook. I know how deeply you want to see again. I want that wish to come true, even if I have to do everything possible. I love you Ryeowook, and if I could I would give you my eyes.” Yesung squeezed Ryeowook´s hands and the short boy quietly began to cry.

“Why? Why are you doing this for me?”

“It´s simple. Because I love you. I love you, Ryeowook. I want to see you happy again, I want to see your beautiful smile again and I want to get lost in your eyes again... I will do everything I can to make it happen, because I love you.” Yesung said in a calm and honest tone.

Ryeowook cried even more and Yesung embraced him strongly. “Don´t cry...” Yesung whispered. “Just a little more, I have to work a little more and you will be able to see again.”

Ryeowook hugged Yesung strongly, pulling him as close as possible. “Thank you.. thank you so much!”

Yesung nudged his dead into Ryeowook´s shoulder and a tear escaped his eyes. He was so close to make his boy be happy again. Only a little more, Ryeowook had to endure it a little more.

“How can I ever repay it to you?” Ryeowook asked still crying. Yesung smiled, he pulled Ryeowook closer and said, “Simply, stay with me forever. Let me love you, hold you and be with you.”

 

The next day Yesung told Siwon he said everything to Ryeowook.

“How did he react?” Siwon asked curious.

“Better than I thought. He was thankful and happy.” Yesung smiled lovely. “He asked me how he should pay it back.”

“And what did you say?” Siwon asked smiling, already knowing the answer.

“I told him to stay with me forever and let me love him forever.” Yesung smiled a little embarrassed.

 

The next few weeks Yesung had a lot to do at work. The company had a lot to do because of a lot of projects. This way Yesung Yesung got more than double of work, and money. Of course he gladly accepted it. This way was the fastest to make Ryeowook be happy again.

He was really tired after work and he didn´t sleep more than 2 hours a day. He didn´t want to sleep when he was with Ryeowook, because he wanted to spent as much time together as possible.

 

Ryeowook and Yesung were sitting outside on a bench enjoying the warm whether. The sun shined down on them and even if Ryeowook couldn´t see anything he knew the sky was bright blue and everything was shining. He couldn´t see, but he could difference when it was day or night. He still could difference light and darkness, what was good for him. It meant there was still hope for him to see again.

“It´s really beautiful. A lot of birds are flying around and the sun is so bright.” Yesung reported to Ryeowook. It was already a habit of him to tell the short boy their surroundings. It made it saver for Ryeowook and the boy didn´t seem left out.

The boys were holding hands and walked around in the park of the hospital. According to Ryeowook his results got better, so walking around was alright.

“You know, since I had been blind I see a lot of more.” Ryeowook noticed. “I feel like I´m way more grateful of you being by my side. You help me and look after me. I feel so loved.” Ryeowook smiled lovingly. Yesung stopped and pulled Ryeowook closer to him. He put his hands around the younger´s waist and kissed his forehead. “You are loved.” Yesung whispered, “I love you more than anyone or anything. I love you more than anyone can ever love you.” Ryeowook smiled and nudged his face into Yesungs chest. “Me not being able to see anything makes our relationship even stronger. I´m glad I have you, without you I would have given up.” Ryeowook smiled gently. No one was around them, so they were alone in one part of the park, far away from the others. Yesung leaned himself against a tree, still embracing Ryeowook. He lifted the boy´s chin and gently placed a kiss on his lips. “I love you. Please stay forever with me.” Yesung said pleading. He kissed the boy again, this time longer and lovingly. “I only need you to be happy.” Ryeowook agreed “Me too.”

 

Two weeks later Yesung entered Ryeowook´s room, to his surprise Ryeowook´s parents and a doctor where also there. It made him suspicious, it was weird. “Is something wrong?”

“Yesung dear, come and sit beside me.” Ms. Kim said gently, by now Yesung was as worried as possible, what was wrong?!

Ms. Kim took Yesungs hand, Yesung looked to her and than to Ryeowook, but the boy looked down. Yesung was confused “What´s happening?!”

Ryeowook took Yesung´s other hand and the doctor sighted. “Lately Ryeowook´s results are really bad and if this goes on” he paused, “we won´t be able to do the operation.”

Yesung was shocked, Ryeowook told him his results were good! Since when had the boy been lying to him?! He looked to the boy, Ryeowook looked down with teary eyes. It broke Yesung´s heart. After a while Yesung finally spoke up, “And what if he will be operated now?”

“It would be able, when his results get a bit better. The success rate will be around 70-80% and if the patient is fighting it will be about 85%. I know the financial circumstances of the family and the costs will ruin them.” The doctor said honestly.

“I have saved around 3/4 of the needed money. If I get the rest together, will you be able to operate him?” Yesung asked hopefully.

“Yes, it will be possible if the money is there and the family accepts it. I would have done it before, but rules are rules.” the doctor answered.

Yesung took his phone out and dialed a number. “Siwon? Is your father at the company?” he asked quickly. After receiving a yes he stood up and rushed out of the room, but turned back and said “I will be back, please wait.”

He quickly run to the company and got to the room of the chairman. Yesung politely knocked on the door and waited for a signal to come in.

“Mr. Choi.” Yesung started after greeting him. “I have a favor to ask you, but I don´t want to be impolite.”

“It´s okay boy, talk further.” he said smiling.

“Ryeowook... his results are pretty bad lately and if his results get a bit better the doctor will be able to operate him, but if not... it won´t be possible. I think Ryeowook is slowly losing hope... and I came, I came to ask if you please can give me the rest of the money beforehand, I will work even harder and I will also pay it back with pay tax! Please...” Yesung bowed, as much as possible. Mr. Choi stood up from his seat and walked to Yesung. “You really love that boy, don´t you?” He said showing Yesung to stop bowing. The boy nodded.

“I first didn´t want to give you the money, because it was to much and and I had no guarantee to get it back. But now I know how hardworking you are and that you would do everything for your boyfriend.” Mr. Choi smiled. “I will give you the rest beforehand without pay taxes.”

Yesung nearly began to cry and his legs lost it´s powers. He sunk to the ground and was so relived. Finally, finally his Ryeowook could have the chance to see again!

He thanked Mr. Choi thousands of times and the man was just smiling and assuring the boy it was the best choice he made.

Quickly Yesung went back to the hospital. In front of the room the doctor and Ryeowook´s parents were talking. Yesung rushed to them and handed them over the letter of Mr. Choi paying the rest of the fee. Ms. Kim started crying and Mr. Kim was as happy as he could be. The doctor put a hand on Yesung´s shoulder and told him, “You should go tell Ryeowook everything, he was worried you would hate him now.”

Yesung turned around and entered the room.

“Mom, Dad?” Ryeowook asked curious. Yesung didn´t answer him and just walked to him and hugged him. “How can I ever hate you? And with which reason?” Yesung whispered. Ryeowook was shocked and started crying, “Because... because I lied to you. I didn´t want you to worry. You seemed so tired.”

Yesung hugged him even stronger. “I.. I have the rest of the money, Mr. Choi will give it us beforehand and I will woke as long as I have paid it back.”

Shortly after the doctor and Ryeowook´s parents entered the room, smiling at the scene in front of them, the boys were hugging each other strongly.

The doctor coughed and turned to Ryeowook and his parents. “Are you giving your okay to the operation?”

Ryeowook´s parents both nodded, but Ryeowook hesitated. “...What if it won´t be successful? What if I can´t see again after it?”

“The operation will be your last chance, It is possible that after it you can lose the ability to define light and dark.” he said not rising the hopes to much.

Ryeowook looked down, he began to shake and his eyes watered. Yesung quickly pulled him into a hug. “You don´t have to do it. If you don´t want to it´s okay. I will love you, even if you won´t be able to see anything.” he whispered. Ryeowook began to cry.

“Please, don´t cry.. don´t cry Ryeowook. Everything will be alright.” Yesung shushed him. “But if you decide to do the operation you have to fight! You have to put all your power in it and I´m sure it will be successful.” Yesung continued.

Ryeowook was quiet but than said, “And what if I won´t be able to see? And what if something will happen during the op?”

“Nothing will happen, I will stay with you. If you can see or not, I will be there.” Yesung shushed him. “Ryeowook, I love you.”

Everyone in the room was touched by Yesung´s words, he didn´t give up, but still let Ryeowook decide for himself, just reassuring him that he will stay no matter what he will choose or what will happen.

After a while Ryeowook released himself from Yesung and looked up with red swollen eyes. “I have made my decision.” he whispered. Yesung took his hands and he continued, “I want to try the op. I want to be able to see again!” Ryeowook was fully sure and was willing to fight. Yesung smiled and kisses Ryeowook´s lips softly, “And I will be by your side.” Yesung ignored everyone and the room and just wanted Ryeowook to feel save with his decision.

 

Two weeks later Ryeowook was finally able to be operated. His results got better and now the day was set.

Yesung didn´t go to school he wasn´t able to sleep all night. He was way to nervous and worried he wouldn´t be able to concentrate. Ryeowook was right, it was always possible that something would go wrong in a operation.

Together with Ryeowook´s parents he waited at the outside of the room. He promised Ryeowook he would stay until he wakes up.

After a successful op Ryeowook had to wear a bandage for 2 weeks and then they had to see the results.

Yesung was nervous, Ryeowook was already 2h in the room and they knew nothing. The boy was a nervous wreck, he hoped nothing bad would happen and more than anyone he wanted his Ryeowook to be able to see again.

“Yesung, you should calm down.” Ms. Kim said gently caressing his back.

“I would if it was possible, but I just can´t. I´m so worried something goes wrong I won´t calm down until I see him save in his room again.” Yesung said worried. Ms. Kim smiled and embraced him. “It´s gonna be alright!”

2 more hours later the doctor finally stepped out of the room. Yesung shut up and hopefully looked at the doctor.

“Everything went alright during the op. Now we will have to see if Ryeowook´s eyes will be healed.” The doctor smiled gently. Yesung sunk down on the chair and breathed out relived. “When can we see him?” Mr. Kim asked. “After he his in his room.”

 

A few minutes later they were in Ryeowook´s room. First Yesung let Ms. and Mr. Kim look after Ryeowook. He sat at the side and waited, soon they went out to give Yesung time alone with the boy.

Yesung sat beside Ryeowook and carefully took his hand. He slowly leaned his face against it and closed his eyes. “I´m so happy your alright.. I´m so happy.” Yesung whispered. He leaned on the bed, still holding the others hand firmly, and slowly fell asleep.

Ryeowook´s parents entered the room and smiled brightly when they saw Ryeowook was away and caressed the sleeping Yesung´s hair.

“Are you awake now?” Mr. Kim said gently. “How are you feeling?”

“I´m alright.” Ryeowook smiled.

“You have to thank Yesung later.” Ms. Kim said lovingly. “He didn´t leave your side, from all of us he must have been the most worried. He was so nervous and worried I thought he would brake down!”

Ryeowook lightly laughed. Yes, that was just like Yesung was. Always acting like the strong one, but deep down the most worried one.

A while later Yesung woke up. Ryeowook´s parents went home, to leave the two alone.

“So you finally wake up?” Ryeowook mocked him.

“I couldn´t sleep all night!” Yesung muttered and Ryeowook laughed. “Can you sit beside me?” the short boy asked. Yesung stood up from the chair and sat beside him. Slowly Ryeowook searched his way up to Yesung´s face with his hands. When he was at his cheeks he rested his hands and leaned forward. He gently kissed Yesung´s lips and whispered “Thank you.. thank you for everything. Thank you for staying with me.. thank you for not giving up on me.. thank you for loving me. Thank you Yesung, for being my Yesung.”

Yesung started to quietly cry at the boy´s words and Ryeowook was surprised when he felt the tears. “Are you crying?”

Yesung shock his head, but Ryeowook knew it and smiled. He embraced Yesung and rubbed his back. “Don´t cry. Please..”

Yesung nudged his head into Ryeowook´s chest and silently hoped “Please, please be able to see again, please...”

 

Two weeks later it was the day Ryeowook was finally able to removed the bandage. Yesung was still in school and really nervous about going to see Ryeowook.

“Today he can take of the bandage right?” Siwon asked curious and Yesung nodded. “I´m really nervous about going to see him. I really hope he will be able to see again..” Yesung said playing with his hands. Siwon never saw Yesung that nervous and he just had to smile. “Everything will be alright, believe me.” Siwon said reassuring.

 

Yesung stood in front of the room and had to fight with himself. He slowly opened the door. Actually he thought Ryeowook would have removed it already, but he was wrong. Ryeowook still had it around his head.

“Yesung?” he asked curious. He heard a sound and was not sure if it was him.

“Yes, it´s me.” Yesung said. “You know actually I thought I would see you without the bandage. I tried to prepare myself for it the whole day.” he grinned and Ryeowook knew he did. He hesitated a bit and than said quietly. “I was afraid and I want you to remove it. If I can see, I want you to be the first one I see.” he blushed and so did Yesung. He sat in front of Ryeowook on the bed and slowly began to remove the bandage. When it was removed Ryeowook had his eyes still closed. Yesung took his hands and squeezed them “It will be alright.” Ryeowook nodded and breathed in and out loudly.

Slowly he began to open his eyes, looking directly into Yesung´s.

 

“You´re still really handsome you know?” Ryeowook said, tears welling up.

Yesung froze, when he realized Ryeowook could see again he began to cry and hugged the short boy. “I´m so happy! I´m so happy! Thank you... Thank you..” he repeated over and over.

Ryeowook pulled away and slowly lifted his gaze, until his met Yesung´s. Both boys looked into each others eyes and got lost. No one can describe how much they missed this feeling, not getting enough of each others look, just locking their gazes and being lost in the others beautiful eyes.

“I love you, Yesung, I really love you. I´m so thankful, I can´t put it into words. I love you.” Ryeowook said smiling.

“You don´t have to.. It´s alright. You can see again.. you can finally see again.” Yesung whispered.

Slowly Ryeowook leaned in and the boys kissed each other lovingly, until they had to break it, because of the need of air.

They leaned their foreheads together and looked into the eyes.

“Thank you..” Ryeowook repeated.

“For you I will do everything.” Yesung whispered, before kissing Ryeowook again.

 

“I love you.” The boys echoed.