Chapter 6

Stick Wit U
Please log in to read the full chapter

A group of friends got out from a fancy restaurant in the middle of night. They just had a mini reunion over dinner after not seeing each other since high school.

“Joohyun-ah, please don’t forget us when you get famous.”

“Oppa, I’ll never be famous.” Joohyun smiled shyly.

Her high school friends about being on tv. Although she was only there to assist the boyband member in that show, it still made an impact to her friends. It was one of the topics they discussed during their dinner.

“Well guys, my girlfriend is about to lock me out from our apartment if I’m not home in thirty minutes.” One of the guys said.

“You’re always whipped to your girlfriend oppa.”

The guy just shrugged before waving his hand and said his goodbye to the group.

“I’m heading off too. I still have to go to the university early tomorrow.” Joohyun adjusted her shoulder bag.

“Take care Joohyun-ah and please get me an autograph fromTaemin the next time you film with him.”

Joohyun shook her head, laughing as she started to walk her way home. She hummed through the night as she was feeling happy. She missed her high school friends and spending a night with them made her feel contented. She decided to walk by the Han River, thinking the nice view of the river would add to her enjoyment for the night.

She looked around the park near the river as she kept walking. There weren’t that many people but it was expected since it was a weeknight. She spotted a couple by the railings, a mother and her son taking pictures by a tree, another couple sat on the grass, a group of girls playing tag, and one person wrapped in a familiar faded hoodie sitting on a bench. She stopped on her tracks and stared at the lone figure.

Joohyun was about to continue walking home when she noticed her feet had a mind of its own. She took a deep breath as she approached the bench.

“Hi?” Joohyun tried to greet the person but she sounded unsure.

The person raised her head to see who disturbed her privacy. She was met with the familiar pretty face who was already smiling at her.

Joohyun was right. She felt relieved knowing her hunch about who this lonely individual on the bench was.

Seulgi went back to staring at the clear waters before her after acknowledging Joohyun’s presence. The other girl found it strange. Seulgi was never this quiet.

“Can I join you?” She asked carefully, knowing Seulgi wasn’t her usual self. Something is wrong.

Seulgi didn’t say anything but she moved so there would be a space for Joohyun to sit.

“Are you okay?” Joohyun sat down slowly. She didn’t want to make Seulgi feel she was crossing her individual space.

The younger girl still didn’t say a word which made Joohyun felt unwanted.

“I’m sorry to disturb you. I’ll be on my way now.” Joohyun turned around but before she could stand up, she felt a sudden pull and two fragile arms around her waist. She froze at the unexpected action and she wasn’t sure what to do. She was about to ask the younger girl something but she heard a soft sob behind her. She felt Seulgi’s head on her back, already wetting the back of her shirt.

Joohyun sighed but she wasn’t annoyed. She could feel the sadness and hurt from Seulgi’s cry. She couldn’t figure out the reason but witnessing Seulgi this fragile broke her own heart. She may have met the younger girl thrice and they were still strangers to each other but that didn’t stop Joohyun from thinking Seulgi needed her this moment. So she relaxed into Seulgi’s arms. She leaned back so that Seulgi could bury her head on her back further.

---

Seulgi opened her eyes and was greeted by an unfamiliar white ceiling. She slowly got up, rubbing her head on the process. Crying all night took a toll on her and she thought the feeling was worse than a hangover. She scanned the foreign room. It was small, that’s for sure. Where the heck am I?

The door suddenly opened and Seulgi backed away to the headboard in reflex. She forgot what happened yesterday except she went to the Han River to clear her mind. She might have been kidnapped. She pulled the blanket towards her chin in attempt to hide herself.

Her kidnapper smiled at her though, setting a tray of breakfast on the night stand.

“Never knew the cocky Kang Seulgi would be this adorable in the morning.” Joohyun teased.

“You?”

“Me?”

“What are you doing here?”

“I live here?”

“Oh.” Seulgi pushed the blanket down and sat on the bed properly. “Well, what am I doing here?”

“You kind of blanked out last night.” Joohyun sat on the edge of the bed. She made sure there was a safe distance from where Seulgi was. She was still careful with her. She explained what happened last night which made Seulgi pull the blanket again. She covered herself in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry.” Seulgi said, although her voice was muffled by the sheets.

Joohyun laughed at the cute sight. She could get used to this side of Seulgi.

“It’s okay. When you’re ready to get out from your hiding place, there’s breakfast on the night stand waiting for you. I need to go and clean the kitchen first before getting ready for work.” Joohyun left Seulgi in her room.

Seulgi heard the door shut and decided the coast was clear. She pulled off the blanket from her head and looked at the breakfast tray. She crawled towards it, taking it from the night stand. She smiled at the thought that Joohyun made her breakfast. It warmed Seulgi’s heart knowing someone cared for her despite not knowing her.

---

Joohyun was cleaning up her kitchen after the mess she made in preparing breakfast when she heard Seulgi coming out from her room.

“Thanks for letting me stay over.” Seulgi said shyly. It was different from the aggressive and confident Seulgi she was accustomed to.

“You’re welcome.” She showed Seulgi her

Please log in to read the full chapter