Chapter 5

Stick Wit U
Please log in to read the full chapter

Seulgi draped her right arm over her forehead. She had been awake for thirty minutes already but didn’t want to get up. She was still tired from the event they attended last night. It was some charity ball organized by Hwang Entertainment. All of the agency’s artistes, staff members, managers, and board members made an appearance.

She didn’t like those kind of events but she had to be there. It was their first public appearance as a whole band (except Wendy who still wasn’t allowed to be shown in public) after Amber left. Sooyoung said it would be a good publicity to show the fans and the rest of Korea that their bond was still there.

The night drained all of Seulgi’s energy. First, she had to look like she enjoyed the program. Then, she had to sit beside Krystal and took pictures with her. The person who was in charge of managing the official SNS accounts of the company asked them to pose beside each other a lot of times. It was for social media play. They knew the fans would go crazy seeing selcas of the ever popular “ship” SEULSTAL.

A lot of SCREAMERS would surely scream (literally) with their photos.

Since Seulgi and Krystal trained together for a long time, it was inevitable for their pre-debut pics to leak in the internet which made them the cannon ship of the band.

They were good times - those trainee days with Soojung. Seulgi would admit they shared a lot of wonderful memories even though those days of non-stop training felt like hell.

Memories of their friendship started to flood in her head but she closed her eyes and pushed the thoughts back to an invisible treasure box. She felt like she needed a key for that box because those memories seem to seep in back to her consciousness more frequently now.

She got up, afraid to reminisce things she didn’t want to visit in memory lane. She noticed the empty bed on the other side of the room. Seems like Wendy spent another night at her grandfather’s.

Seulgi made her way out from her room and lazily walked to the kitchen. A nice breakfast would probably help her get rid of all the weariness she was feeling. She stopped in her tracks by reflex when she saw Krystal pouring cereal in a bowl. The other girl might have noticed her presence but remained unfazed.

This wasn’t their first encounter alone though. They had ran into each other a number of times considering they live in one roof. One would try to casually greet the other (Seulgi most of the times) but on bad days, they either ignore each other’s presence or argue over trivial things.

Seulgi didn’t know what to make of that day. She thought she could get away from thinking about Krystal but it looked like the world was plotting something else and handed Krystal to her in a form of a messy hair and in blue pajamas. Should she greet her or ignore her?

She opted for the former since she wasn’t in the mood to argue.

“Hey.”

“Hey.”

Krystal finished adding milk to her bowl of cereal. She moved to the small dining table to eat properly. Seulgi followed through. She sat across Krystal with her own breakfast which was only one toasted bread and a glass of juice. No one said anything. They ate in silence but were aware of the subtle glances to each other.

“Did I wake up to the right world?” Joy was surprised to see the two of them not killing each other. “This isn’t the afterlife right?”

Krystal rolled her eyes while Seulgi tried not to smile at the adorable sight. She kind of missed seeing Krystal annoyed but not to her.

Luna was skipping to the kitchen excitedly when she stopped. “Whoah!” She stopped skipping when she saw the rare sight of Seulgi and Krystal eating in peace.

“I know right?” Joy sniggered. “Unnie, slap me maybe I’ll wake up.” She turned to face Luna who only laughed.

“No need for that Sooyoung.” The leader walked to the fridge to check out what to eat for breakfast. “Since we’re all here, let’s eat breakfast together.”

Joy already joined Seulgi and Krystal in the dining table with an apple. Luna quickly cooked some eggs and grabbed the loaf of bread from the counter before sitting beside Krystal.

“So, have you heard there’s this underground rock show tonight?”

All heads turned to their short leader.

“Hongki oppa tipped me the details. There are new indie bands performing tonight at Zeoulko’s.” Luna continued.

Seulgi didn’t miss the twitch of Krystal’s eyes in interest upon hearing about Indie bands. She knew the other girl likes to listen to Indie music. Back when they were trainees, she had her fair share of Krystal ditching her because she had to go to see some underground Indie shows. Some things never changed, huh?

Finishing her last bite of her toast, Seulgi stood up to place her empty plate and glass on the sink. She could still hear Luna talking about the show. She was considering going though she wasn’t a fan of these things but she didn’t have anything to do tonight. She could use some fresh air and surrounding.

She went back to her room to wash up and change. Hyoyeon would be there to pick her up in an hour.  She had a filming for that variety show this afternoon.  She carefully packed her things, taking what she would only need. She picked up her phone and thought of something. She slid her thumb over the screen, unlocking the device. She tapped the message application and hovered her fingers over the keypad.

She let out a heavy sigh before starting to type a message with her shaking fingers. She missed her this much.

To: Soojung

Want to check out those bands at Zeoulko’s tonight?

---

Her last class ended an hour ago but Joohyun didn’t feel like going home yet. She had been using the university’s dance studio to practice. As usual, there was no class after hers so she took the opportunity to use it. She was grateful the Dean allowed her.

There was a knock on the door which made Joohyun paused. She turned around just in time to see the person she unconsciously wanted to meet.

“You’re having a head start without me?” Seulgi saw Joohyun’s sweaty face. She made a mental note to remember that look.

Realizing she wasn’t at her best state, Joohyun quickly wiped her sweat with the sleeve of her shirt. Seulgi saw the end of the shirt hiked up, exposing a tiny part of Joohyun’s stomach. Seulgi had to gulp and look away.

“So, uhm.” Seulgi tried to clear her mind from what she just saw.

“Something wrong?” Joohyun noticed the blush on Seulgi’s face.

“Nothing.” Seulgi regained her composure and returned her gaze back to Joohyun. “I’m here to claim my free class.”

“I never agreed to take you as a student.”

Seulgi pouted which made Joohyun chuckle at the sight. “Do you even know my name?”

“BAE. JOO. HYUN.” Seulgi articulated each syllable like a kid reciting ABCs.

The surprised look on Joohyun was priceless. Seulgi thought she should’ve taken a picture of that.

“How – how did you know?”

“Research.”

Joohyun just nodded.

“Impressed?”

“More like creeped out.”

Seulgi laughed at that and sat on the lone chair which was at the middle of the dance studio. She wasn’t s

Please log in to read the full chapter