002

Catch: The Athletes (Book I)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

 

Catch

Another round of training was about to start and Soo Ah, yet again, arrived the earliest. She tightened her shoe laces before starting to run laps around the gym. Most lights were off except for that tiny golden on in the middle, at least it was enough for her to see where she was going.

Soo Ah sat on one of the benches that stood against the wall whilst checking her phone with one hand and holding a water bottle on the other when suddenly, the lights .

“You’re early” Hyejin said as she closed the doors.

“Of course I am.” Soo Ah said as she winked at her.

The sound of the door opening disturbed them and caused them to turn their heads to that direction. Hyejin snickered at the sight of the person before nudging Soo Ah and excusing herself to change.

Kai? She thought.

Kai smiled at her before entering the locker rooms to change.

Soo Ah stood up and started to push the ball containers to one side of the court. She raised the volleyball net to the right height and fixed her things on the bench.

Soon, when everyone was there, they started.

 

 

Practice soon ended and as usual, Soo Ah was the last one to leave.

However, as she made her way out the dark and cold gym, she tripped and let out a groan of pain when suddenly, the lights causing her to quickly stand up disregarding the discomfort she was feeling on her ankle.

“You better leave now. The gates are about to close.” The guard said to her while holding a flashlight

She let out a smile and thanked the guard before picking up her things and going home.

 

The next day, the pain on her ankle was gone.

She passed by other students and greeted them as she walked to her locker with her books locked up in her arms.

Upon reaching her locker, she found an envelope sticking out from the tiny hole at the side.

She grabbed it and put her books inside the tiny metal box and opened the tiny envelope in her hands.

“Above your locker!” It read in big blue letters and a tiny signature below it that said “Kai”

She looked on the top of her lockers and found a small spray bottle there and written on it, Pain relievers. She remembered passing by Kai in the halls a few minutes ago but she didn’t bother to say ‘Hi’ to him. She took the bottle in her hand and started looking for Kai.

She stopped at where he was moments ago but he wasn’t anywhere to be found. Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder that caused her to turn around to the sight of Kai.

“I wanted to help you yesterday but that guard told you to go.” He said

 “Oh hi. Thanks for this.” She said waving the bottle in her hands.

“Are you good?” He asked

She smile and said “Of course. My ankle’s all good.” She stuck out her foot and showed him before laughing. “Anyway, I have to go, classes are about to start.”

She waved at him and walke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter