001

Catch: The Athletes (Book I)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Catch

The team was all smiles as they made their way to the locker room after a long and tiring game with Incheon Yeil High School. Reaching the room the each of the girls grabbed another bottle of water after finishing one on the way. They were tired but of course it was worth it. It was silent in the room as they stared at each other with knowing smiles. Not long after, they started shouting and jumping for joy. Of course Soo Ah was the MVP yet again. What a captain she was.

The girls started changing to more comfortable clothes before leaving one by one. Before she knew it, she was engulfed in a comforting silence while lying down on the bench placed in the middle of the room surrounded by the lockers. “You did well today, Soo ah” She said to herself staring at the ceiling before sitting back up. Grabbing her bag and her phone she stood up before typing in a message to her mom saying they’ve won the match. The locker room was soon empty as she walked home, exhausted.
 

She went straight for a shower when she got home and lied down on bed as soon as she finished dressing up. She had another round of training tomorrow and of course it was hard for her and everyone else but after the season ends she’d be free. It doesn’t really matter to them. Letting out a sigh, she turned off the lights and crawled into her duvet covers to keep her aching body warm for the night. Sleeping that night wasn’t a problem, but she guessed waking up the next day would.

Wrong.

Everything she’d expected when she got home yesterday didn’t happen. She woke up early and her body didn’t ache. She was in a good mood and of course that smile that never leaves her face became brighter.

After all preparations for school were done, she quickly bid her parents goodbye and left.

Along the hallway were students from other classes and levels who greeted her. Being the kind and friendly person she is she greeted in an equally happy voice, if not, then maybe even happier.

“Hey Soo-ah! 11 am sharp! Don’t forget” Her teammate Minji said as she appeared from behind her.

Smiling at Minji, she said “Of course I won’t. See you there!” before leaving. She was starting to get used of getting pulled out of class and catching up after.

After a few classes, it was time for her to go to the gymnasium. With a small smile planted on her face, she made her way to the gym shocked that the basketball team was there to practice too. Well she didn’t mind practicing with them around so it didn’t really matter. She made her way to the locker room to change into her training clothes which included a pair of cycling shorts and an old jersey of hers. She was the earliest to arrive so she started stretching after exchanging a few “Hi’s” and “Hello’s” with people who greeted her. Soon the team arrived and the practice started. The guys from the basketball team practiced on the other side or the gym but she didn’t let it bother her.

After spiking a ball, she heard a voice “Watch out!”

She turned around, surprised to see a ball speeding towards her. Luckily, she caught it with her fast reflexes. She looked around for the owner of the ball and her eyes landed on him. The boy with a tall nose, a sharp jaw line, captivating eyes that everyone fell for, and the boy that goes by the name, Kai.

 

Kai

I watched as the ball hit the ring and bounced to the other side of the gym. All I could say was “Watch out!” as the girl turned around and caught it. I could figure that she was looking for the owner, me. She made her way towards me, running with sweat trickling down her face not forgetting to pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter