New Habits Die Hard

Luhan Goes to Starbucks

Going to Starbucks was a habit for many people. Luhan was indeed one of those people, and he was proud of it. The closest Starbucks was conviently located only two blocks away from his house and this made going to said coffee shop a habit that was very easy to develop.

 It also helped that his good friend Do Kyungsoo worked as a barista there. Well, if Luhan had to be honest, Kyungsoo considered them less than acquaintances at most-he once stated that he could only tolerate Luhan in small doses but whatever. Luhan's friends were Luhan's friends.

 His favourite drink (the "usual") was the S'mores Frappachino. Yes, it had only come out recently, but Luhan had only recently made going to Starbucks a habit. That didn't sound like it made sense, but everyone appeared to have different considerations for how long it took to make something a habit, so that was Luhan's excuse.

He believed it started the last time time he went there, when he met somebody. Somebody that made Luhan's going to Starbucks a habit.


 "Hi, what can I get for y-oh, it's you," Kyungsoo sighed. He was already having a terrible day, as that morning, he was forced to have a lively conversation with Baekhyun, a friend-like person of his, who had decided to come to Starbucks and not leave after he got his coffee and croissant and whatever else he ordered.

"Yes, Kyungsoo ah. It is I, Luhan," said Kyungsoo's absolute favourite person ever"I'll have the usual."

"What-Luhan, I don't even know what your usual is. You don't come here often." Thankfully Kyungsoo thought.

"Oh. Okay, well, it's the, um..." Luhan looked around the menu like he knew exactly what he was going to get, while Kyungsoo rolled his eyes over and over again, like he was practicing for something. Something like dealing with Luhan.

"...Uh, it's the S'mores Frapp!" Luhan suddenly decided. "Yes! Yeah, it is the S'mores Frappachino."

Kyungsoo stared at him. "Hyung, the S'mores Frapp only became a thing yesterday."

"Oh." Luhan tried to think of a clever response. "Well, I only started coming here yesterday."

"That can't be true. I worked yesterday, and I didn't see you at all." Yesterday was a great day.

"Well-I-well-you-" Luhan sputtered. "I didn't come during your shift, then," he finally decided, proud of that reply."

"I no longer care about this conversation." Kyungsoo no longer cared about the conversation. Well, technically he never cared in the first place.

"Can I just get my drink?"

"No."


Eventually, Kyungsoo ended up actually placing Luhan's order because he was just so nice.

Luhan took a sip of the frapp and was pleased to realize that he could actually order it again. "Kyungsoo, this is really good! Want some?"

 "Yeah." Kyungsoo spent the next five minutes making his own S'mores Frapp while Luhan stared at him and wondered why Kyungsoo didn't just have some of his own. It probably had nothing to do with the fact that the younger had no desire to place his mouth somewhere that was also home to some of Luhan's DNA.

 "You're just lucky I forgot to make you get the cookie straw," Kyungsoo grumbled. Luhan was about to come up with another smart reply, when suddenly, the door of the shop swung open. Luhan and Kyungsoo instinctively turned their heads to the direction of the entrance. A rather short boy walked in, his hoodie practically engulfing his whole body and his eyes darting around like he was taking the noisy atmosphere in.

Luhan stared. The boy was really attractive.

Kyungsoo also stared. The boy looked like much better company than Luhan.

They were both pleasantly surprised when the attractive boy who looked like much better company than Luhan strolled over to the counter and smiled at them.

He had a nice smile, Luhan noticed.

He still looked like better company than Luhan, Kyungsoo noticed.

There was no line-up, thank goodness. The boy could smile cutely at them from a close proximity.

 "Hi! I'd like to apply for a position here," he said, like he was not at Starbucks, but instead at one of those stuffy office places that were less loud and more serious.

Kyungsoo actually smiled warmly at the boy. "Great! Just fill out one of these forms."

He reached for something under the counter and handed it to the boy. "What's your name?"

"Uh, Joonmyeon. Kim Joonmyeon."

"Hi, Joonmyeon Kim Joonmyeon. I'm Kyungsoo Do Kyungsoo."

"Hi, Kyungsoo Do Kyungsoo." Joonmyeon waved like they weren't just less than a metre away.

Luhan wanted to contribute to the conversation.

"I'm Luhan."

Well, that wasn't awkward at all.

"Hi Luhan." Joonmyeon waved again.

Luhan smiled dumbly. This was turning out to be a great day.

Kyungsoo smiled normally. This was turning out to be a great day after all.


 

Hi.

Thank you for experiencing the first chapter of Luhan Goes to Starbucks.

Comments are greatly appreciated.