I Got a Girl [xiuhan]

i don't do boys

Word count: around 3000

Summary: Lu Han’s worried that the cute football team captain might not like her, so it’s Minseok’s duty to prove her otherwise.

Warnings: unbeated=awful English, overused commas, Lu Han


Lu Han checks her phone for the fifth time that night. When a ‘no new messages’ greets her, she tosses the phone with an angry huff and plops down on the bed. Her pillow swallows her groan when she realizes that she sent Minseok a message two hours and forty-three minutes ago, and the other girl still hasn’t bothered with a reply.

“havent seen you at school today. missed you a lot (づ ̄ ³) it said, along with Lu Han’s photo attached – she puckered her lips and tried extra hard for Minseok to notice she was wearing her favorite cherry- flavored lipsgloss – and she hoped that Minseok would reply with an even cuter picture. Then, she would store it in the folder called: you’re so pretty I still don’t understand why are you dating me.

Lu Han now regrets tossing the phone in the far corner of the room. The damn thing still refused to vibrate as a signal for a new message and Lu Han could feel tension build up inside of her.

Was the selca too much? Or maybe it was the emoticon? Did she make Minseok feel uncomfortable? No, no way it was that. Minseok was always perfectly fine with them texting and exchanging cute emoticons and selcas. Maybe she was busy? Or she simple grew tired of Lu Han?

Lu Han immediately panics at the thought. She now remembers Sehun’s stories, of her behavior whenever she’d want to break up with her boyfriend. Sehun would ignore his calls and texts for a few days, just to give him a sign that she cooled down, before she would officially end the relationship.

Almost hyperventilating, Lu Han jumps off the bed and reaches for her abandoned phone. The pink dumpling chain jingles frantically against her hand as she types a familiar number and presses call. The phone rings a couple of times, before a sleepy voice answers her.

“Hello?”

“Sehun!” Lu Han screams in the speaker. “I think Minseok wants to break up with me!”

“It’s eleven pm, why are you so loud,” Sehun groans and Lu Han takes a mental note to scold her for it tomorrow morning. She’s having a girlfriend crisis, and Sehun’s sarcasm and grumpy attitude aren’t helping at all. She should’ve called Joonmyun instead.

“I think Minseok wants to break up with me.” Lu Han wails again and she can almost hear Sehun roll her eyes. 

“And you think that why?”

“I sent her a message two hours and fifty-two minutes ago, and she hasn’t replied yet.”

There’s a silence on the other side of the line and just when Lu Han was about to ask if Sehun’s still there, a voice snaps at her.

“What the hell is wrong with you!? Is this why you called me at eleven pm?”

 “It’s your fault,” Lu Han snaps back.

“How’s this even my fault? Did you hit your head at practice again?”

“First of all – no, I didn’t hit my head and you seriously need to stop brining that up. Second, it’s your fault because she probably heard what you told about handling break ups, and she’s testing that on me now.” Lu Han’s sure she probably sounds hysterical, but she couldn’t care less. Sehun should be used to it by now.

A sound of Sehun taking a deep breath reaches her ears and she waits for the other girl to collect her words.

“Listen to me carefully. There’s absolutely no reason for her to break up with you. You two are, like, the most adorable couple, okay? The girl probably had a rough day and she’s sleeping. You should do the same.”

“Sehun,” Lu Han pretends to sniff, “that was the nicest thing you ever said to me.”

“Well, don’t get used to it,” Sehun scoffs. “I’m hanging up. Good night.”

“Good ni-,” Lu Han manages to say before the line breaks. She frowns at the beeping sound coming from the phone, and almost throws the pink phone in the corner of the room, when a familiar melody makes her phone vibrate and fall from her hands on the bed.

The well-known chorus of DBSK’s My Little Princess can only mean one person.

“Minseok!” she beams.

“Umm, hi. Did I wake you?”

Lu Han’s glad her curtains are drawn closed, or her neighbor - an old hag living across the road - could see her jumping on her bed in excitement and almost hitting her head on the ceiling. 

“No, no, I was awake.”

“Okay? You sounded kind of weird. That’s why I thought you were sleeping.“

She sounds so cute and concerned; Lu Han just wants to squeal in delight.

“Oh, don’t worry, it must be my phone. It’s not like I was jumping on my bed cause you called, no way man, ha ha.”

“Okay? So, umm… Sorry for not answering your text. We got stuck with our new coach. She’s pretty strict, so I had to stay with her and discuss the tactic for our next game.”

“Ah, right. That’s what you get when you’re the team captain. Did I ever mention how proud I am of you?”

Minseok laughs, an adorable giggle that probably made her cheeks flush. Lu Han wishes she was here so she could pinch them.

 “You mention that every day. Anyway, since I didn’t get to see you, and it was my entire fault, I thought we go for a walk now.”

“Now?”

“Yeah, now. I’m in front of your house.”

“You…”

Lu Han glances at the draw curtain, right where her window watches on the main street. She lives in a quiet neighborhood where mostly families with little children live. It’s a quiet neighborhood where most of the people watch their own business – except for the old hag – but a tiny girl with violet hair, standing in front of the Lu household in the middle of the night, could grab anyone’s attention.

So, it’s completely natural for Lu Han to run from her bed to the window in two seconds, almost rip the curtains open, open the window and stick her head outside.

“Minseok?” she hisses, and right there, under the cherry tree, stands Lu Han’s girlfriend clad in her football shorts and a sport’s bag thrown over her shoulder. She waves and Lu Han almost falls out of her window.

“, , ,” Lu Han chants as she goes for her bathrobe and rushes down the stairs. Her parents are light sleepers, but right now, she has no time to be quiet. When she reaches the door and gets outside, Minseok’s still standing in the same spot and is patiently waiting for Lu Han.

“Minseok,” Lu Han calls for her. “Come over here.”

“But-“

“Come over here,” Lu Han repeats and motions for the other girl to get in the house.

Minseok fidgets nervously, but eventually gets closer to Lu Han and in the house. Lu Han doesn’t hesitate in grabbing Minseok’s wrist and making them run to her room. Luckily, Lu Han’s parents sleep in the last room in the long hallway and Lu Han’s room’s in the very begging of it.

 They’re practically breathless when they reach Lu Han’s room. Lu Han grabs for her chest and Minseok laughs beside her. She turns to the girl and Minseok’s gummy smile greets her.

“What’s so funny?” Lu Han asks and Minseok flicks her forehead.

“You’re funny,” she answers simply and turns so she could inspect the room. Lu Han only then realizes that Minseok’s actually never been at her place, especially her room. She now regrets the Rilakkuma plushie collection and her pink frilly sheets. Although Minseok doesn’t comment her surrounding, Lu Han knows what she thinks of them.

They’re such a turn off, Lu Han thinks.

 Wait, what?

“I like your room.”

“What?”

“I like your room,” Minseok repeats and flops on the bed. Her Green Day shirt and purple hair don’t fit at all with the surrounding, but Lu Han still thinks she looks perfect and so so cute.

“So,” Minseok starts when Lu Han walks to her and sits right beside the purple haired girl. “How did your day go?”

“Well, I…” spent the whole day thinking about you “got from school, then went to practice and I guess I spent the rest of the day inside.”

Minseok hums and lies down on the bed, tugging Lu Han with her. Lu Han yelps and blushes when Minseok moves on her side so she could move some strands of Lu Han’s blonde hair and twirl it between her fingers.

“W-where did you go?” Lu Han asks, trying desperately not to think about her cute girlfriend lying right beside her. In her room. On her bed. Only the two of them. Alone.

.

“Ugh,” Minseok groans and rolls her eyes. “I had to stay with Jongdae and help her with her science project after school and the go straight to practice. I’m exhausted.”

Minseok rolls on her back again, dropping the strand of Lu Han’s hair she was previously holding, and Lu Han catches a glimpse of the other’s pelvic bone, right above the waistline of her black shorts. Minseok probably has no idea what’s she doing to Lu Han.

“I think I can make you feel better,” Lu Han blurts out, and Minseok doesn’t even get a chance to ask what the hell is she talking about, because Lu Han has Minseok’s  plump lips between her own.

Minseok response in an immediate one - her hands wrapping around Lu Han’s neck and lips moving along Lu Han’s.

“Haven’t kissed you in a while,” Lu Han says against the other girl’s lips and Minseok pecks hers in response, before she turns them around, so she’s the one on top now.

“Lu Han, you kissed me this morning when you walked me to school, remember?”

“That was like thirteen hours ago,” Lu Han moans and dips Minseok for a kiss, this one much longer.

Minseok’s kisses are warm, her hands the same. She plays with the hem of Lu Han’s Sailor Moon shirt,

(“I used to be a huge Sailor Moon fan when I was younger”

“Shut up, Minseok”)

 occasionally letting her finger brush against the flat of Lu Han’s stomach. They don’t move pass that, because Lu Han decides to ruin the moment when she says, “I thought you wanted to break up with me.”

Minseok stops her actions, only to look at Lu Han in disbelief.

“What?”

“I thought you wanted to bre-“

“Yeah, yeah, I heard that, but what? Where did you even get that idea?”

“Well,” Lu Han mumbles. She now feels stupid for even brining up her paranoid ideas. God, she’s such an idiot.

“You didn’t answer my text, and you were with me when Sehun told stories of her infamous break ups, so I thought you got some ideas from her, and yeah…”

She blinks cutely at Minseok, and tries to nudge her in kissing her again, but Minseok’s not having any of her bull.

“I was busy, Lu Han. And I don’t see any reason for us to break up, that is, unless you want to…”

“What, no!”

“Then I don’t see any reason for you to worry. I like you, Lu Han,” she confesses and Lu Han feels her face burn hot.

“I like you too.”

At those words, tips of Minseok’s ears go red. They both stare at each other silently, before Lu Han snorts and Minseok bursts laughing. She falls on top of Lu Han and buries her face in Lu Han’s neck, bubbly laughter still unstoppable. Lu Han joins her and soon they’re a laughing mess, with their limbs tangled and Lu Han’s Sailor Moon shirt revealing her belly shaking with laughter.

Lu Han’s laugh soon turns to a yelp. She tries to see what Minseok’s doing, but it’s kinda obvious with Minseok’s face buried in her neck and then pulling off with a loud pop.

Lu Han knows there will a bruise on her neck in the morning and she glares at Minseok for that. Her basketball practice is tomorrow for heaven’s sake, and she doesn’t think she can handle Kris’ teasing. 

“That’s a reminder if you start behaving stupid again.”

~

“Why are you wearing a scarf over your jersey?” Kris asks. Of course she had to ask.

“Cause Minseok unnie gave her a humongous hickey last night,” Sehun answers instead of Lu Han, and Lu Han can only imagine chocking her with her scarf.

Kris raises an amused eyebrow. Lu Han only gives her a sheepish grin in return and heads to the court, where most of the girls are already warming up. Jongin, a first – year with blonde pigtails, gives Lu Han a curios glance, but doesn’t say anything.

The actual problem starts when Lu Han’s coach arrives – a tall and broad woman Lu Han hates, but Kris for some reason loves from the depth of her heart - and immediately heads for Lu Han, trying to make the girl take off her scarf. Now, just to be clear, Lu Han never had a problem with revealing her relationship with Minseok, but she didn’t want to go through months of her team whispering things behind her back and teasing her about her “after school activities”.

They’re not even five minutes in the practice when Lu Han makes a scene of refusing to take off her scarf and the coach, face red and eyes comically wide, chases her outside and sits through all twenty laps Lu Han’s supposed to take. The team is dismissed, and Lu Han makes through all twenty laps till sundown.

It takes all of her will and strength not to pass out when she finally walks in to the changing rooms, now completely empty. It’s weird to see the spacious room, usually filled with teenage girls, so quiet and not-smelly. There’s a mirror on the right wall – Lu Han now regrets asking Joonmyun to fight for it in the student council – and the sight that greets is one from her worst nightmares. Blonde hair in a messy bun, a wet patch right where her s meet and green knees is how she never wanted to meet Minseok for their ice-cream date.

Speaking of Minseok and their ice-cream date, Lu Han can only hope she’s not too late. She goes for her phone lying in her locker and almost screams in horror when she finds 5 missed calls and two texts, all from her girlfriend. Neon pink numbers show she’s an hour late.

Throwing off her blue scarf and jersey, and almost hitting her head on the locker door just because she forgot to close it, she paces in her daisy–patterned underwear around the dressing room, her phone pressed against her ear. The other side of the line is not answering her call. Groaning, Lu Han reaches for her towel and walks to the showers, her phone still in her hands and trying to reach Minseok.

After a minute of many failed attempts to reach her girlfriend, Lu Han goes for the ‘end call’ button, when a melody she heard so many times reaches her ears.

Slowly, she turns around. To her horror, Minseok stands next to Jongin’s locker with a plastic bag in her small hands. Lu Han can see two tubes of peanut butter ice-cream (her favorite) in the bag.

“Hello,” Minseok greets her, an amused expression on her face.

Lu Han blushes under the other’s gaze when she remembers the state of her attire. Fumbling awkwardly with the towel in her hands, she tries to cover the most of her body with it, which turns out to be only half of her and pelvic. Minseok only snorts when Lu Han drops her phone on the floor tiles, and in the haste to retrieve it, drops her towel, leaving her in her underwear again.

“Drop the formalities, Lu Han,” Minseok says and Lu Han blushes harder.

“What are you doing here?”  Lu Han manages to utter when Minseok gets closer to her. With her hands crossed against her chest in a fail attempt to hide most of her , but actually only making her cleavage bigger, she bends to meet Minseok’s lips in peck as Minseok already got in front of her.

“Sehun told me what happened. When you didn’t answer your calls I got worried, so I called her and she explained the incident. I thought you wanted to break up with me.” She winks and Lu Han goes red again, remembering her delusional ideas and their conversation from last night.

“Oh, ha-ha. Just keep making fun of my insecurities, Kim Minseok.”

“I wasn’t talking about your , which are absolutely perfect if I may add.”

She makes a show of poking the flesh above the rim of Lu Han’s bra, making Lu Han yelp in surprise and swat Minseok’s hand away.

Minseok chuckles at Lu Han’s face and says, “I thought we could make up for our date, so I bought ice-cream. I can wait for you to get ready, and then we can go behind the gym and eat it. What do you say?”

“I have to take a shower first,” Lu Han explains as she points to her stained knees and messy hair.

“I don’t mind you smelly and the ice-cream will melt.”

Lu Han didn’t need any more convincing.

~

They find a nice spot right behind the gym, just like Minseok had proposed.

The sun has started to set, meaning it’s probably past seven. Most of the school has emptied by now, leaving the students staying for extracurricular, a couple of teachers, Minseok and Lu Han the last ones on the school ground. Lu Han’s sure teachers couldn’t find them even if they wanted to. It’s perfectly hidden from curios eyes, but it doesn’t mean they don’t have a perfect view.

Lu Han’s facing the gym building with her back, but the football ground is spread ahead of them. It’s weird looking at it like this; there’s no Minseok running around the field, stealing the ball from her opponent, Lu Han holding a banner in support and screaming her heart out.

It’s quiet. Peaceful. Lu Han likes it like this.

Minseok shifts a bit, making her hair tickle Lu Han’s bare legs. She’s spread on the concrete, with her head in Lu Han’s lap. Her peanut-butter ice-cream’s lying forgotten, slowly melting under the last rays of sunlight. Unlike Minseok, Lu Han’s still nibbling on her plastic spoon, and scraping the last bits of the frozen treat.

Minseok’s hair isn’t in pulled in a ponytail today. Most of her violet hair is spread loose around Lu Han’s legs. Some of her violet strands fall in her eyes, and she tries to get rid of them by puffing her cheeks and blowing them away.

 “So, do you plan on taking that scarf off any time soon?”

Lu Han blinks confusedly when Minseok raises an eyebrow, but then it hits her. She put the scarf back half an hour ago, even though she was going to see the girl who was the reason she put it in the first place. Minseok pulls on the loose fabric and slips it off, reveling a heart shaped bruise on the very curve of Lu Han’s neck.  

“Sorry for getting you in trouble today,” Minseok says as she traces the bruised skin with her thumb, making goose bumps rise on Lu Han’s skin.

Lu Han shrugs. “I can’t say it wasn’t your fault, since you knew I had practice, but could I ever stay mad at you.”

“Well then-” Minseok moves so she can straddle Lu Han’s hips and take the plastic cup from her hands, throwing it somewhere behind her back. Lu Han wants to protest, because hey there were at least two full spoons left, but all words die on her tongue when Minseok uses her hands to run along the flat of Lu Han’s stomach, pulling her jersey with it. She gapes around the spoon in as Minseok gets lower, right above Lu Han’s bellybutton.

“-this time I’ll kiss you in places they won’t see.”


a/n:

refuses to use term soccer cause i’m a stubborn european

slightly based on ‘Ue kara Kataomoi”, specifically this