Someone who cares and a big goofy smile

Just Another Boy

"You told me that dreams come true.

But you forgot to tell me that nightmares are dreams too."

 

 

 

Jinhwans p.o.v

I sat down on the stairs in front of the gymnasium. Hanbin, of course, sat down next to me. He unpacked his sandwich and started eating. I looked at the already unpacked bread in my hand. I wasn’t even hungry. I sighed and took a tiny bite. I was so happy that we actually walked to the gym, without meeting him or his friends. My head hung low and I felt Hanbins eyes on me.

“Are you always eating alone?”

I nodded shortly. I was so ing happy that nobody of them saw me. Believe me, it almost felt like a miracle.

“So who was that guy?”

I took another bite and stayed quiet. Why should I tell him? In a few days he will think like the others and leave me alone. I’m not worth having friends. And there it was again. I was annoyed again. He was asking so much again.

“Come on, Jinhwan. Just tell me.”

He pushed my shoulder lightly. I stayed quiet again. I shook my head.

“I d-don’t want t-to t-talk about h-him.”

I took another bite. I glanced at Hanbin. He still locked at me. We had eye contact shortly, but I quickly broke it and looked at my sandwich again.

“Why?”

Hanbin sounded curious. But for me he sounded fake. Why should he worry? What reason was there for him to be worried over me? I didn’t even understand why he was still asking so much. Doesn’t he get that I’m not going to answer his ing questions? I stayed quiet, as always. My brain didn’t understand why Hanbin was asking so much. It couldn't process why he was so kind. Why can’t he just accept that I won’t talk about that guy? Don’t tell me he is caring about me? No, that’s impossible. He only knows me for two days. Why should he care about someone like me?

“Jinhwan, you’re really weird.”

Hanbin giggled a little after he said that sentence.

What’s so funny?

It’s just the truth.

“That’s cute.”

I saw him looking at me, smiling. And of course I blushed at those words. Why is he saying things like that? I heard him giggling again. He was annoying again. So ing annoying. Why was he giggling so much? What was so ing funny?

“What are you doing after school? Want to hang out together?”

My eyes widened.

What?

Why?

What’s wrong with him? Is he even by sense? I felt how tears were building in my eyes. My brain couldn’t process what Hanbin just said. It was too nice. Nobody ever talked like this to me. Nobody ever asked me things like this. Why am I starting to cry? Am I happy? Or is it because I’m pathetic? Totally shocked about myself I stood up. I turned around, so Hanbin couldn't see my tears. But of course he was worried, because I jumped up so suddenly.

“Jinhwan, is everything ok?”

Hanbin stood up too. I felt his hand on my shoulder and then he turned me around, so I was looking at him. I automatically looked away, down to the ground, which would always stare back at me. And I felt the tears running down my cheeks.

Why am I crying?

What’s going on?

“Hey, what’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?”

He put his finger under my chin so I had to look him in the eyes. I wanted to look away and shook off his hand but I couldn’t. His beautiful brown eyes looked directly into my soul. Why was I getting lost again? The tears continued rolling down my cheeks and I could just stare at his eyes, his honey like brown eyes.

He sighed and in the next moment he hugged me. The tears were still running down my cheek, but I felt myself blushing again. Why was he like that to me? I’m not special or something. I’m just a like everybody calls me. I’m not worth to get a hug like this. It felt like my tears were getting more and more and the warmth which was surrounding me was making me dizzy again. I hated hugs, but this one made me feel weird. It made me feel…special. But I wasn’t. I was the complete opposite; I was unimportant. So why did I feel like this?

“Why are you like this to me?”

I whispered. I wasn’t even sure if he heard me. But even though I sobbed between my words, I didn’t stutter. I was a little proud of myself. I was crying but I had a smile on my face. I felt how Hanbin rubbed circles on my back. It felt good. And it was the first time I had a feeling that someone really cared about me.

 

 

 

Donghyuks p.o.v

Like a silly I walked through the cafeteria. Smiling brightly, almost jumping while walking and all the time looking at the little note in my hand. Once I arrived at the food distribution, I pushed the note into my jacket pocket, got my food and looked for a free table. Ok, I wasn’t looking for a free table. I was looking for my older brother. He never sat in the cafeteria but I always hoped to see him. I sighed once I stopped looking around. And again he wasn’t here.

Now I was looking for a free table. But that wasn’t necessary because in the next moment someone grabbed my arm, dragged me to a free table, which I was looking for and sat down angry on the other side of the table. It was Junhoe, my best friend. He supported his head with his hand and had a big pout on his face.

“You don’t know how angry I am.”

“Oh I can see it clearly.”

I said laughing. I sat down on the table, looking at Junhoe, who was now sitting in front of me.

“Do you know how much I hate that girl?”

“She’s your girlfriend; don’t talk about her like that.”

I said looking at my food. It was only a soup with a roll lying on the side. I sighed and started stirring the soup. Junhoe looked at his tray. He had the same soup as me. An annoyed growl left his mouth.

“But you saw her too!”

“Junhoe, people have to talk with each other. She just asked a classmate about homework, that’s all. Don’t be so jealous.”

I said with a calm voice. He just sighed, properly an nth time this day. I continued stirring my soup; I really didn’t want to eat it. The food here was really not the best. But I had to eat something after all.

“But-“

“No buts, Junhoe.”

Once I heard another voice next to my right side I looked into the direction.

“But-“

“I said no buts, Junhoe. You heard Donghyukie.”

It was Yunhyeong, another friend of mine. He walked around the table, sitting down next to Junhoe and started eating his soup immediately.

“How can you eat that without hesitating?”

I asked stunned, somehow changing the topic without noticing. He just laughed.

Yunhyeong was really weird in a normal way. Ok, yeah that sounds odd. I mean he did all the things I would hate to do within just a second and for me that was really weird while it was totally normal. In sum he was a totally normal person, but for me he was weird. And the relationship between Junhoe and Yunhyeong was the funniest thing on earth. They were the complete opposites of each other. For me they looked like an old married couple which would always argue about everything and it sometimes seemed like they would hate each other. But it was funny for me to listen to their conversations.

“You don’t know what I-“

“I know what you mean.”

Yunhyeong said calm.

“You don’t know-“

“I do.”

Yunhyeong interrupted him again and I noticed how Junhoes anger grew.

“Stop interrupt-“

“No.”

Yunhyeong said laughing a little. I had to laugh too, because I saw Junhoes anger as if it would sit right next to him. I looked at my soup after I stopped laughing. And I finally took the first spoon.

“Look who is coming.”

Junhoe said and started eating too.

I looked behind me and had to smile immediately. A black-haired tall boy with a big goofy smile sat down next to me. He didn’t have a tray and I was curious why.

But in the next moment he took my arm, stood up, pulled me up too and dragged me away from the table, around a corner so nobody in the cafeteria could see us. I was puzzled, but the funny feeling in my belly made me smile again.

“What are you-”

“Got the note?”

He asked without noticing how he cut my sentence. I just nodded, while feeling the light blush on my cheeks.

“So?”

He asked a little excited.

“I don’t know. I don’t see my brother often, you know and…”

“Ahh, true You told it already.”

He nodded understanding.

“What about tomorrow?”

He asked again with the same excitement as before. I shook my head and he narrowed his eyebrows for a second before I explained.

“No, today is okay.”

I said, giggling because of the stupid rhyme. He did too.

“You sure?”

I nodded shyly, looking at the ground. My face was red like a tomato by now. And I hate things like that, but at the same time I love them. They’re just so embarrassing.

“Ok, than, see you after school.”

He said softly. I wanted to go, but he stopped me. Because in the next moment I felt his lips on my cheek. I blushed even more, if that was possible, and once he was out of my sight I dropped to the ground. My heart was beating fast and the only thing I could think about was my afternoon.

This would be the best afternoon in my life.

 

 

 

 

 

“The only thing I ever wanted was a friend.

I wanted somebody to accept me for who I am.

I wonder if that was too much to ask for.

Some people are probably destined to be alone.”