Chapter 3

I'm sorry, my love

I'm sorry, it was my fault. I'll fix our puzzle back, I promise

“Ugh..” Hyesung groaned in pain. Her cheeks hurt, her head too. But she felt pain the most  in her heart. Nothing beats the pain in her small little heart.

“You don’t know anything! I didn’t choose her and I don’t want her!” the words that left Kai’s mouth still rings in her head.

Hyesung’s POV

It hurts, a lot. Those words coming out from your own husband…  No matter how much he treats me like trash or as if I’m invincible, I still love him as his wife. I have no wish to anger him. I don’t care if my standard doesn’t reach his expectations. We’re in this marriage. A huge responsibility comes along with it.

I went up the staircase slowly, one hand dragging my handbag while the other held the handrail for support. It has always been like this. Being beaten up by him, he’ll leave me and I’ll fight the pain alone. Why is he being so unfair? He’s not the only one being forced in this marriage. I too, was forced to marry him. Im still considered young. I wasn’t ready for this. And yet he is the only one getting angry at me. Hurting me. I didn’t want this too. But I don’t want to disappoint Mrs Kim. She was so kind to me and gave me many opportunities. And then one day, she asked me to marry her son. I wanted to reject, of course. But I owe her my whole life. Without her, I think I will still be that struggling soul fighting her way up to reach her goals.

I managed to reach my dressing table. I cleaned the blood from the side of my mouth slowly. I think I am getting used to this. There’s no reason to cry. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. Oh my, how messy did I look in front of Kai? My hair.. My mascara..  I didn’t realised that I was crying until a tear fell on my hand.

“Hyesung! What is wrong with you! You can’t cry because of him! He doesn’t deserve your tears!!” I cried. I felt a pair of hands wrapping around my waist from the back.

Writer’s POV

“Im sorry Hyesung.. I am so sorry. I finally get to see the picture now. I’m sorry for hurting you.”

“Kai? Kk..ai? is that you?” Hyesung  asked.

He turned her around. The light wasn’t on but she could see his face clearly thanks to the light from the moon. It was Kai.

“I’m sorry. It was all my fault. I didn’t realised my feelings for you. I was too arrogant, too angry that I was too blind to see my feelings. I was too blind to see you, Hyesung. Will you please forgive me? I promise to fix everything. I’ll accept you with all my heart, Im just sorry.” Kai cupped her face.

Hyesung was crying even more. She couldn’t believe what is happening right now. Did Kai just said sorry to her?

“Sorry? Did you say sorry? Do you know how hurt I was? Do you know how I hated waking up in the morning because I wont know what in the world will wait for me later in the day?  Do you know how afraid was I to greet you “good morning” everyday? There wasn’t any morning that was good for me. I lived my life like a coward soul. I was afraid of everything. Sometimes I just want to run away from this house and escape to a further place where no one can disturb me. But I can’t, Jongin. I can’t. I loved you too much, you were the first guy I loved.” Hyesung finally let everything out. Whatever that she’s been keeping in herself all this while has escaped from . Her heart felt lighter, but still uneasy. Did she do the right thing? Hearing no response from Kai, she looked up at him. “I’m sorry I just..” without letting her finish her words, Kai crushed his lips with hers. It was a soft and passionate kiss. Hyesung shifted her hand on his shoulders for support. Her heart was racing. She has never felt sparkles like this. It was her first kiss. The kiss came to a stop. Kai pulled Hyesung in for a hug. Hyesung’s body fitted perfectly in his arms like it was made for him. Kai pulled her out and stared at her.

“I’ll take that as a yes he smiled.

“What?” Hyesung asked.

Kai just laughed at her cuteness and carried her bridal style to her bed. They cuddled for awhile until Kai spoke,

“I love you, Hyesung.”

Tears rolled down her cheeks yet again. Kai chuckled and kissed her tears off.

“Why are you crying? You’re supposed to say that you love me back.” He frowned.

“I love you, Kim Jongin. I love you too. “ She pecked him on the cheeks. “Please don’t leave me here. Tell me that this is not a dream. “ she looked at his eyes.

“It’s not a dream, I promise.” 

(A/N: Hehe don't go awaaaaaay! It's not the end alright! There's still more. *smirks*)