WEDDING DAY

Three Days To Love

 

---           

                                    She is love

                                    I was darkness

 

Our collision made the sky burn

Forming everything into glimmering ashes called sparks

Shining in the air as I yearn

For my love to come back to the dark

---

SU HO


The sound of my alarm woke me up. This was supposed to be our wedding day. I wonder if she fixed the papers, but my parents and her parents are both clueless of what's happening between us. The only thing they know is that we had a misunderstanding, nothing more.

I sat on my bed, looking at the floor beside me where she usually watched me. I could only let out a snicker. Silly girl, I'm better at observing you in your deep sleep.

I walked to the bathroom to take a bath. What am I doing? There's no wedding but I woke up early.

I held my ring finger and I held our engagement ring. I sighed, not removing the ring. I raised my hand forward, looking at it.

Gaeul used to remind me to wear it every morning.

I took it off and almost threw it on the toilet but something was refusing me. I felt a lump in my chest, a pain growing inside me. I've been attached to her for those days. I think, I'm missing her. No, I admit, I miss her.

I sat on the toilet, looking at our engagement ring again, pondering.

And I have decided.

 

After taking a bath, I called our bridal car to come to our house. My mother was so confused, and so was my dad.

"Junmyeon, what's happening?" My mom asked.

"Explain to me why Gaeul's not around. Her parents are angry now!" My dad panicked.

"Mom, dad, I need to get my bride," I said and ran as fast as I could.

 

Soon, I reached Gaeul's house and I quickly knocked on her gate. I need to see her. I need to clear things out.

The guard opened the gate for me. I told him that I needed to talk to Gaeul, so he quickly called the maid to call her.

A few seconds came and Gaeul walked outside, looking so surprised to see me. This silly girl... She's always blushing when I look at her in the eyes. I found it cute, though. It's just so hard not to smile.

"S-Su Ho?" She asked. "Why are you with the bridal... I was signing the divorce papers already,"

"Yeah, great! Don't marry me," I said with a stupid smile on my face.

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I walked out of your house, Su Ho. I'm not really marrying you today. And what is wrong with you? Why are you using the bridal car?"

"No, let me finish my sentence, Gaeul...." I held her shoulders. "Don't marry me yet,"

Gaeul looked at me, her eyes looking very confused and flustered.

"Gaeul... I didn't want to fall for someone who competes with me," I said and she sighed heavily, turning her back at me. I quickly hugged her from her back. "I-I have fallen for you!"

I feel like I did the most stupid and awkward confession ever.

"S-Su Ho you're really confusing me..." Gaeul quickly pulled away and faced me.

"Okay," I breathed deeply, trying to recollect my thoughts. "Okay, I know I've been very cold towards you. And you don't understand why I am here, acting like a fool. I wouldn't be able to explain everything in words, Gaeul. But I've fallen for you. And I... I was a fool for letting my pride rule my own heart. At first, that was how I felt. I didn't want to marry you. But your whole absence in the house makes me feel incomplete,"

"You've fallen for me and you don't want to marry me today?" Gaeul asked.

I knocked on the bridal car and called my friends to come outside. "Ya, get out of there, I need you guys now,"

One by one, my friends: Chanyeol, D.O., Baekhyun, Kai and Se Hun walked out of the car. I asked them to come with me, because I wanted to serenade Gaeul.

With her favorite song.

"Gaeul noona! Su Ho hyung talked about your hot porridge a lot!" Kai teased and I scowled at him. He quickly apologized and they both chuckled.

Gaeul smiled, but she looked really surprised. At least this surprise was successful.

"What's happening Su Ho?" Gaeul asked.

"Su Ho hyung asked us to join him so he could serenade you," Chanyeol, who was holding his guitar, said politely and I smiled at Gaeul.

"Oh, you don't know how hard it was to teach him how to sing!" Baekhyun complained in a sarcastic way.

"Shut up," I pulled his hair and he just laughed it off. "Shall we start now?"

"Yes!" They all answered.

Chanyeol started to play his guitar while the others clapped their hands to the beat of the song. And on his cue, I started singing the verse, nervously.

"You came to me at the end of a hard day
The desperate prayers of a small boy have reached you
Without color, scent or sound, you came into my heart
Like the color of the clear street after the rain
Y
ou resemble that freshness, my goddess..."

It was hard to look directly at her eyes, but I tried to because she looks embarrassed when I do. It was really cute. The way her cheeks turn pink and the way she looks on the ground to hide it from me.

"Beautiful Beautiful
Y
our voice is a melody (your voice is a melody)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
Following the deep light
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
More than any star in a legend (any star)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
You’re brighter..."

D.O. and Baekhyun helped me divide the parts to sing it with the others. They were snapping and clapping their hands. This made her laugh and smile, and it my nervousness fade away that I was able to sing comfortably in front of her.

"Beautiful Beautiful
Open the door of heaven (only allow me)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
My eyes are drenched with joy (I’m falling only into you)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
Even forgetting time for a bit (even forgetting myself)
Oh You Beautiful Beautiful
I’m dreaming a dream of you forever..."

The song ended and I got something inside my pocket. I knelt down on one knee and got our supposed-to-be wedding ring, raising it in front of her.

"Yes, don't marry me today, Gaeul. Marry me when we're both ready. Marry me, Min Gaeul," I said the words clearly.

"I-Is that an order?" She asked, her eyes were teary eyed but she was smiling.

"That's my pre-wedding proposal," I chuckled and so did she.

"Do I have to answer to that?"

"Will you make my milk every night? And sing me a lullaby when I'm sick and tired? And tell me to wear my ring everyday again?" Su Ho asked.

Gaeul laughed. "Yes,"

"And will you keep me getting jealous of JB?"

"What?! You're jealous of him?!"

"Of course I do! JB's a flirt! Anyways what?" I scowled and the others howled.

"Wait you want it when you get jealous of JB?!" She asked in horror.

"I enjoy getting jealous and seeing JB freaking out while I claim that you're my fiancée..."

"Oh my gosh." Gaeul covered her face and chuckled in embarassment.

"And also, will you keep the competition between us in the school's top 1?"

"Should we try becoming both the top one?" Gaeul challenged. This is what I like about her. She challenges me always.

"Oh... but can you be my girlfriend first? Oh, wait, before I forget..." I stood and got something inside the car - the bouquet of flowers that was supposed to be Gaeul's bouquet of flowers in our wedding.

I raised them forward, waiting for Gaeul to accept it. "I'm asking you again, will you be my girlfriend?"

"YES!" Gaeul hugged me tightly and my friends clapped and howled.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" Everyone cheered.

I chuckled, feeling embarrassed of my friends. "Shut up and go away,"

"Okay, let's leave them alone together to kiss," Se Hun joked and I pushed him, making the others laugh. They all walked back inside the car, still howling at us.

"I don't want to make a scene here, but may I kiss my bride?" I asked politely.

"Who's the erted one now?" Gaeul crossed her arms on her chest and I felt my cheeks burn.

"I-" I was supposed to say something but Gaeul held my collar, and kissed me. I chuckled to the kiss, realizing she had to tiptoe to reach my lips.

It felt like soft cotton, and I felt so light. I held her back. Finally, she's in front of me. Finally, she's really mine. Finally, we're sincere with what we feel with each other.

"You know that we're watching right?" Someone behind me said.

I pulled away to see who it was.

 

"KKAEBSONG!!!"

"AISH BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!"

 

 

 

THE END

___

To my blockmate, C, who wanted a fixed-marriage-and-angst-first-but-happy-ending-plot... Thank you so much for suggesting this to me! I had fun writing it :) I hope you'll like it to. I think I screwed up a bit, but I still hope it made your day! :)

CREDITS: The song translations can be found here: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/exo-beautiful-lyrics-english-romanized.html