Everything's not lost (Coldplay)

¿Love?

 

It’s funny, the way everything is ruined from one day to another. It’s funny, the way the mind plays cruel tricks. It’s funny, the way he thought that he won’t mess up his last chance and that’s exactly what he did last night. He didn't even need Junho to ruin everything, because he did it pretty well all by himself. He said he will fight, he said he won’t lose; ¿what happened now? ¿It’s already over? It’s funny, the way his life seems to be a big… irony.

Nichkhun sight, lie on the grass and looking up the blue sky, feeling dejected. ¿What is he going to do now? He can’t look at Wooyoung without blushing like a tomato. He can’t take those stupid words out of his mind. ¡He is so damn obvious!… ¿But what if Wooyoung realize that was him who said those things? Oh no, he couldn’t stand it. If he knows, then everything is lost… ¿Why can’t he be a cloud in that clear and blue sky? Everything will be so easy that way.

-Khun, it’s not that bad.- Junsu’s voice reached his ears.

-Yeah, hyung. You were just… honest. There’s nothing bad about it.-  Chansung add, a little doubt in his words.

And the Thai boy close his eyes, shaking his head… ¿why did he showed those messages to his friends? It was obvious that those three wouldn’t help him in anything.

-They are right, Khun. At least you didn’t said you wanted to him.- Taec say, unconcerned.

The brown hair boy felt his face blushing in the instant he hear those words. He quickly sat up, looking at his tall friend with eyes wide open… ¡¿What the hell did Taecyeon said?!

-Don’t make that face, you know what I’m talking about.- he said, amused by the look on his friend.

-S-still… I can’t believe I wrote those things…- Khun mumble ashamed.

-It’s okay, Nichkhun. Look the bright side, you will be able to know him because of this.- Junsu encourage him, placing an arm around his shoulders.

-¿Do you really think Wooyoung will keep talking to me? I sounded so creepy…- Nichkhun sight, doubtful.

-Of course he will.- Taecyeon answer with confidence.

-¿How do you know?- he ask, curious.

-I… just have the feeling.- the tall boy said.

Nichkhun sight again, standing up. –Well, I don’t think so. He probably is wondering who’s the crazy who wrote those messages.- he said, a little angry with himself.

-Ummm… ¿hyung? ¿Did you read his reply last night?- Chansung’s innocent voice cough his attention.

-¿Reply?- Khun whispered. -¿He reply?- he ask, amazed.

His younger friend just nod, giving him the phone so he could read “I like to play games… but this is kind of rare. Ummm… but you sound interesting, and you made me curious now. Okay, let’s play; whoever you are :)”

-¡Awww! He is so cute.- Junsu comment, smiling.

-¿See? I told you, Khun.- Taec mock him.

But Nichkhun didn’t hear them; he was so surprised by what he had just read. ¿Wooyoung think he is interesting? ¿And he will play? ¿That mean he will talk to him although this is rare? … ¡That boy is amazing!

-¡Hyung! ¡You have to answer him!- Chansung said excited.

-¿W-what should I say?- he ask, really nervous.

-That’s up to you, Khun. We can’t help you with that.- Junsu say in a soft tone.

-¡¿Are you crazy?! ¡We have to help him!- his boyfriend shout, shocking.

-We can’t.- the older hissed. –Is something Khun has to do with sincerity.- he explained.

The tall boy pout, not happy at all with his boyfriend’s words… but he can’t fight against Junsu in this kind of things, the older one may stop kissing him for a whole week if he argue.

-We’ll leave you alone, hyung.- Chansung says to the Thai boy, ignoring the other two. –You have 10 minutes until Physical Education time.- he add as he forced his other hyungs to walk outside the backyard.

-¡See you later!- was the last thing he hear from the maknae, while Taec and Junsu complained.

Nichkhun just sight again, looking the screen of his cellphone; thinking what should he write now… First of all he should apologize for his late reply. Then he has to put the rules of this game. In the third place he should let him start. After that he has to be careful with his answer, because it will be the END if Wooyoung figures out who is him so soon. And then… well… just talk.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm the excited beating of his heart, and his fingers began typing the new message. “I’m sorry for the late reply, but last night I fell asleep thinking about you. ¡I’m glad that you want to play! :) So, for the rules, just one question at time... and… I think that’s all” He play ‘send’ and all of a sudden he starts to feel really nervous… ¿what if something bad happen? ¿What if Wooyoung was just joking? ¿What if he hates him? ¡Oh, no! ¡That’s the worst thing could happen to him!

The Thai boy feels his phone buzzing in his hand, and the fear takes over his body… ¿should he read it? Oh, yes. He should, he has to. “¿Why do you think so much about me? ¡You don’t even know me! And that’s my first question.” He feels he heart stops beating for a moment… ¡¿how the hell is he going to answer that?! He can’t lie to him; he has to say the truth about why he thinks so much in this boy but… ¿what’s the truth? ¿Why he always thinks about Wooyoung? ¿Why in the last 4 years he never could stop looking him? ¿Why his heart beat so fast because him? ¿Why he does all this things he never did, even for a girl, just for him? … ¿He really just want to be friends with him?

The brown hair boy swallows hard, his hands are sweat, his heart beat really fast… and he is not so sure any more about that thing of being just friends. “Well… it’s because I don’t know you that I think so much about you. I want to know you, and that’s the reason why I’m doing this. It’s my turn now, ¿don’t you think this is creepy? I mean, someone has your number and you don’t know who it is.” He sent it and then he closed his eyes, without want to think in anything right now… but his phone buzz again, surprising him.

“Khun, ¡¿where the hell are you?! ¡P.E is starting and Jinyoung-hyung will kill you!”it was Taec; he could fell his desperation in those words.

The Thai boy quickly stood up and run to the gym, where all his classmates and Jinyoung-hyung were waiting for him.  He sight tired, trying to catch his breath, expecting the worst.

-Well, well, well… this is unbelievable. Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul being late in his first day of Physical Education.- the old man said, a bit of mockery in his voice.

-I’m sorry, hyung. I was… listening music in the backyard.- he excused himself, a little nervous.

-It’s okay, Khun. You would help me today.- the teacher said, a devil grin in his face. –Come on, take off your shirt and show to your classmates how to do crunches.- he ordered with a ‘friendly’ voice.

The brown hair boy just smiles awkwardly and nods slowly, taking his shirt off and lying on the cold floor. He stars the crunches in a slow speed, while Jinyoung was explaining what he was doing, something with the muscles and others things, he wasn’t really listening… but it was silly, because his classmates could understand just by looking at him… ¡that’s the reason why he IS doing it! But of course, Jinyoung-hyung just wants to punish him for being late for his beloved class… what a bitter old man.

Nichkhun sight, boring, but he just keeps doing the crunches. He could feel all those pairs of eyes looking at him, which for him was nothing, compared with the girls’ hungry looks… but he could feel one of those looks more intense than the others. But that look wasn’t just intense, was kind of soft too… he wonder who is the boy who is looking at him with such gaze. Curiosity took over him, and the speed of his crunches starts to be slower; just then Nichkhun could look at his classmates carefully, and obviously, his eyes search him in that instant… but the Thai boy never ever in his life thought in the impossible idea of Wooyoung looking at him in that way…

His black eyes were fixed in his abs, following every move his stomach do; and his pink, plum lips were slightly open… Wooyoung looks like he wants to touch him. A smirk appeared in the brown hair boy face, making crunches isn’t that bad if Wooyoung look at him with that cute and y expression on his adorable face; in fact, he could make crunches all day if that makes Wooyoung looks at him.

-That’s enough, Nichkhun; you can stop.- Jinyoung voice reached his ears.

He stood up without a problem, like if making crunches were so easy and it didn’t hurt that much; and he slowly put his shirt, almost putting a show just for Wooyoung. He smirks again, looking secretly at him, seeing that look in Wooyoung’s cute face… he wish he could kiss him right now. But instead he could feel his face heat up in embarrassment as he quickly stood beside Taec and the others; waiting for the teacher begins the stupid class.

-Okay, today we will work in pairs.- Jinyoung announced in a loud voice. –Lest star with Mr. Horvejkul, you will work with… ¡Oh! ¡Wooyoung! You need help with your crunches and Mr. Horvejkul will have the honor to teach you.- the old man said, a creepy smile on his face.      

The Thai boy feels his heart stop beating for a moment, while his brain processes what he just heard… but he still can’t believe it. It seems so unreal... he will be able to be with him at least 30 minutes… ¡God bless that bitter old man! He was so excited that he barely felt how Jinyoung dragging him beside Wooyoung, and now he was standing in front of him with the most stupid smile in his face.

-H-hi…- Nichkhun said, feeling ashamed.

“¡Get together, man!” his inner self scream, obviously angry.

-Hi…- the smaller boy answer, a small smile playing in his lips.

And then, after hearing that, Nichkhun eyes wider and his heart stars to beat fast, happy, excited… he talked to him. And his voice is… ¡For God sake! His voice is more sweet and cute than he had imagined. He can’t stop smiling, he feels so happy, and he doesn’t understand why. Wooyoung just said ‘hi’ and he is going crazy like some fan girl… ¿What kind of spell did this boy put on him?

-Ummm… You are Nich… Nich…- Wooyoung repeated, tying to say his name.

-Nichkhun… I’m Nichkhun.- the Thai managed to said, still with that gin on his face.

So then the younger boy smile again, so sweet. –Hi, Nichkhun-hyung.- he greet him ones again.   –We should start, ¿shouldn’t we?- he asks him in an innocent tone.

And so the brown hair boy nod, without drawing his eyes off of Wooyoung…. And without erasing that smile of his face. And maybe, just maybe… because of this moment his life wasn’t a big irony.