Tangled up

A choice

-----------------------


 

It was about a month after you broke up, Yoongi didn't contact you since then. And you hadn't contact him either. You change your number, you tried avoiding everything related to Yoongi and his bandmates since then cause it hurts to much remembering him that was taken away from you. It's not easy to forget a 3.5 years of relationship anyway. Deep down you know you still love him. He's still your reason for moving forward.

 

***

 

(Y/N)? I-is that you?

Is t-that really you? I-.. I tried calling you. But you weren't there. Did you get my calls? I called you quite a lot, you know? I-.. I thought you left me... I missed you..

Thanks god you're here. You're not leaving are you?

Please don't...

They're chasing me out of my own body. Yeah, them..

I know you hated them... But....

 

***

 

You were on your night duty with 3 of your teammates and it was quite a peaceful night. The moon was just a thin crescent line, the wind lightly swaying the pale leaves off the autumn twigs. No calls for a discharge so far...

 

3.30am, a ring of the phone disturbs your light reading. Your team leader picked it up.

"119, what's your emergency?... Sir, please calm down first, and tell me what we can do for you? ... Is he still breathing? ...  Where are you now? ... Okay" your team leader then turns from the phone.

"Man, suspect drug overdose, Bighit hotel, 7th floor.  (Y/N) and Haneul, you two GO! NOW!!"

 

Grabbing your emergency kit, you rushed to the ambulance with your teammate running just slightly ahead of you.

 

Having Haneul on the wheel your team leader starts briefing you two about the situation through your phone.

"They're partying and this young man took much more than they agreed on. Only when his friends start sobering up that they realized something's wrong with him. They have all sort of drugs and they're not sure which one or ones he took and how much. Worst case scenario, we might be too late."

 

"What's with drugs anyway," you mumbled to yourself,  can't help but remembering how it took your man away.

 

* * *

 

Wait, w-where are you going?

Why are you turning away?

No, no.. Please stay...

I-it's still me, still Yoongi, your MinYoongi..

No, dont walk away! Please!

I'm afraid. T-they're taking control of me.

Please. Don't go further...

You're the only one that can win them over. Help me..

Come back... No, please.

Stay...

 

* * *

 

Memories of you and Yoongi flows through as you spaced out along the driveway.

 

Where is he now? How is he? Is he still on those malignant substances? Did he think of you? As much as you think of him?

 

***

 

STUPID!!

Of course it's not her! Of course she won't come back!!

There's no way (Y/N)'s coming back for me.

There's no way a brilliant girl like her is coming for a dreadful guy like me.

There's no way an angel would left her clouds for a devil.

There's just no way.

all those nonsense love stories and idiotic fairy tales.

Happy endings doesn't exist in this cold blooded world.

 

***

 

Parking the ambulance just near the entrance, Haneul swiftly took the bigger equipments while you went for the lighter ones. Something a guy like Haneul would do without even thinking. The two of you rushed through the hotel lobby and was escorted hurriedly to the room that called for help. Never has it crossed your mind-......


 

You're a stupid man you know Yoongi?

Befriending them instead of her.

Choosing them over her.


 

Never has it crossed your mind that you would have to face him this soon.

Never has it crossed your mind that you would see him like this.

Never has is crossed your mind that the life that depends in your hands right now are his.

His life. His life that meant your life too.

 

For there he lay, half conscious, ill-looking, delirious, flaccid, barely any sign of life in him. You froze on the room hallway, not realizing that your equipments has slipped off your hands and kissed the ground. A storm builds in you.

 

Pain. Stabbing. Suffocating. Squeezing your breath away..

 

You were not aware of your surroundings anymore. All you can see is that sunken red eyes, those protruding cheekbones, that limp body.

 

Sick. Nauseous. Crunching the last food you ate back outside.

 

"(Y/N)!!!" the scream from your team mate were finally able to reach you. "(Y/N)!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING??! COME HERE!"

Was it his command that moves your feet or it was your heart wanting to get closer to Yoongi? Either way, you managed to ran and fell to your knees right beside where his weak body lies.

 

", his pulse is so weak! Capillary refill slowed, heart rate i-..."

You couldn't listen to his reports anymore. You went numb to the world, for the only thing connecting you to the world, the only life that matters for you, were about to snap and break.

 

"Yoongi..." your lips finally called the one word you've been avoiding.


 

She was right. You knew it. You knew that (Y/N) was right. You knew all along.

Yet you protect your pride and chose something that kills you.

The knife has pierced through your heart.

You taste your own destruction.

Regret is too late.


 

"(Y/N)!! HE'S SEVERELY DEHYDRATED!! I NEED IV ACCESS FOR FLUID CHALLENGE!! NOW!!" you were thankful you weren't alone; Haneul's alarming voice kept pulling you back to right here, right now.

 

"," you muttered under your breath. Finding his weak pulse with your trembling finger were just impossible.

Once, twice, thrice the needle went through his skin that were already filled with several injection site. Still, the needle didn't reach his vein.

"H-haneul.. I-I can't.. I can't.. Please..." you half sobbed, trembling.

Quick and professional, Haneul took over the needles and you went for the fluids. Steady hands found his vessel and you quickly attach the fluid tube to the needle.

 

Waiting for the fluid to fully took effect, all you could so now is wiping his beads of sweat. Haneul went and ask his band members for any other detail that could help with the chronology. You didn't even bother. All you could feel are pain and suffocation.

 

Yoongi's face, as if he's sleeping peacefully. Reminding you of the times when he used to rest his head on your thigh, his favorite pillow.

You missed him. You missed him so much. This face. Those eyes that looked understandingly at you through every anger you threw. The brows that furrowed when he pouted. The smile that used to greet you each morning. The lips that locked with yours tenderly. You missed his silly jokes, his off-note singing, his toe-wrinkling pick up lines, his slap-deserving aegyo... The uncountable fights... The things you love about him, the things you hate about him. You missed everything...

 

What is this? It felt warm, somehow. This isn't how it usually felt...

This feeling... This warmth... It reminded me of something... Someone...

(Y/N)...? Yes, (Y/N)... This felt so much like her. Like when she used to wrap her arms around me, when burry my face on her hair, when her soft lips melted my badly chapped lips, when she leaned on my shoulder as she slept. This sweet warmth... How long has it been.....?


 

Within a few minutes, the oxymeter attached to Yoongi's finger has detected some improvements. His condition is stabilizing. There's still a chance that he will open his eyes soon and see you. But what would happen when he sees you? Will he smile? Will he gave you the same look when you two last met?

 

With the help of Haneul and one of his band mate, Yoongi was transported to the ambulance so that he could receive further treatment at the hospital. Your heart is at ease now. At least, he wasn't dying anymore. At least you know where he is and what he's doing. Cause it doesn't matter anymore for you how you fought and how you broke up, all you know is that he's gonna be safe with you. Everything's going to get better from now on.


 

* * * * *


 

But she's gone now.

What else can you do, you useless motherfker

They're there for you instead of her at this very moment.

Let her leave, she's better off without you anyway.

They could help you forget about her.

They could help you with each and every problem you ever have.


 

Something's wrong.

Something's deadly wrong.


 

You might as well let them take you away from the world. You're useless now, just some trash who can't be even make his girl smile. Your life went away as she went. Whats the use of living?


 

His pulse is weakening. His oxygen level is dropping.  Breath after breath, you're losing him.

"NO! What's wrong???“ a wave of panic hits you. "!" you checked through every equipment attached to him, trying to figure out what the hell is going wrong, why his condition is going down.

You who had gathered yourself from your initial shock is now able to at least think of what to do.


 

No, I need to come back to Y/N. I need to get her back. I have to make things right. She wouldn't want me to die like this. No, definitely not!

 

 

But why would she care for me? We broke up remember? She left. Period.


 

One long steady note rang throughout the vehicle.

 

"!!" Haneul were the first to respond, turning on the sirene louder and deepening on the gas.

Half a second later, you finally took logical control over your body.

Cursing, you position yourself and immediately start your CPR. "4.43am, cardiac arrest, begin compression!!“.


 

(Y/N) help me please.

They're dragging me down! They're my soul off me! Help me!


 

" 17. 18. 19,"

 

A drop of water stained Yoongi's peaceful face. Was it your sweat? Was it your tear?

 

"Please.. Please.. Yoongi..."


 

Why are you holding on? Even if you live, you have no life. Lonely, loser, useless, unwanted, junkie. What would you do with your so called 'life'? Do you even still have one?

 

Let go......


 

"DON'T DIE ON ME MINYOONGI!!!“


 

You could still make everything right. Admit that you're wrong and she'll understand. You've said it yourself that you're still the same MinYoongi deep inside. You're not a coward....

 

Hold on.....


 

"Please... I still love you, damnit!!"


 

...


 

Is that....?


 

---------------------------------


 

(beep) ... (beep)... (beep)

 

 

 

---------------------------------

 
 
((THE END))
 

 

HELLO THERE!!

omg it's been so long since i last open my AFF :")

i have a little something i wanted to say to all of you readers out there folllowing the release of BTS's I NEED U original version MV... i read somewhere on twitter about how greatful they are to have BTS and BIGHIT raising the concern about youth depression. how they're happy to know that they're not alone. 

as someone who earned about mental health, i just want to let you know that mental health is JUST AS IMPORTANT as physical health... Depression kills... one of my larger family member commited suicide because of depression. i myself had once diagnosed myself with moderate depression,, i mean,, i mathced all the criteria of depresion, just not the duration... i know there's still a huge stigma abour psychological health out there. talking about this openly and respecfully could help decrease a stigma.

seek for help. please. be it help from a friend, or help from a doctor or psychologist. a good doctor would help you through, with or without meds. please don't be ashamed of your status. the diagnosis of psychological health is not worse than the diagnosis of other phsycal sickness. please get yourself treated...

a litle fun fact: beside environment, GENETICS played quite some role in mental health. i'm pretty sure it ran down my own family, just as how atopy ran in my family. so please, don't simply think that people with psychological disturbance have bad crowd aroud them. hate the disease, not the patient.

 

last but not least;

depresion is not a sign of weakness. you've just been strong for too long...

 

thank you for reading!! live healthy inside out, my loves <3