Chapter 1

Weapons & Princesses

 "You've got to be kidding me" I said in amusement as I look closer to the picture in Mr. Kim's hologram from his laptop.

 

 "No im not Jckson, you need to get her in 5 days and take her here, before the monsters found out she's leaving with her grandma they might kill  the princess and the grandma too. This is all of the information her address, birthplace, age and everything"

 

 "Ohh.. just like a slam book'' then snorts like a pig. He just gave me 'shutup-or-i'll-stab-you-using-a-pen' look. I cleared my voice then straighten up. "Sorry''

 

He hands me a folder with pile of papers in it, he sat down on his one and only chair means I can go out now. I can't blame Mr. Kim because of his old age, he can't move freely anymore, his skin are all wrinkled, his hair are all white and he can't do sports anymore. That means I'll be like him someday. I walked out from his room quietly.

 

 "What?! That's the worst thing I have ever seen in my life'' said Mark burrying his face on his pillows. We two know each other since we're little, because they said my parents and his are very close, but after my parents died Mark's parents took me and took care of me, just like their son. They decided to live here in the Hotel and explained us why and what place it is, well it's just a place of protectors and princesses and Mr. Kim. This is where they save princesses and take them here, they teach them from how to fight and use weapons, and to discover their powers. The number one rule here is don't fall in love with a protector or your own protector, cause they said princesses needs their prince, and us, just a bunch of guys carrying heavy weapons while following the princess everywhere. And im sure I'll never ever fall inlove with a princess, or else I'll dye my hair into any colors.

 

 "Yahh! She's not that...ughhh.......ugly?" I looked at him, placing the folder on my bed. He snorted and rolled his eyes and jumped on my bed then takes the folder.

 

 "Ugly? Look at her eyebrows looks like someone threw a bomb on it, her hair looks like she didn't comb it for years  and worst... pimples!!" he said, looks like it's his biggest worst problem. I this guy is going to pop his eyes out because from how he react. I shooked my head.

 

He rolled his eyes again then placed the folder down then dropped his body on his bed quietly. The princess is really not that ugly, just a shaggy red hair, popped pimples, thick eyebrows but fair skin. 

 

 

I woke up very early to get my things ready to find the princess. I only carry my backpack bringing my sword which Mr. Kim gave  me as a birthday gift and 3 portal balls, if only I can bring comb and acne cleanser for the for the princess, I will. Before I start my quest I said goodbye to Mark and Mr. Kim and to the other princesses im close with. I got a little nervous since it's my first time saving a princess and protect her for the rest of your life. The other protectors who had an experience from saving their princess gave me some advises, Nickhun hyung even told me if I sense something very different I should prepare and take my weapon out.

 

It says here she lives in the center in Seoul, I don't want to walk and I want to do this very quick so there will be no problem, so i'll use one of them. I make sure I walked to the side so no one can see me, I walked inside a cafe and walks towards the restroom, the cashier just looked at me. Yes, I know I just walked inside to use their bathroom, sorry not sorry. I walked inside the bathroom which smells like girl's bathroom, I guess I walked into a wrong room but luckily no ones in here so I closed the door then took out a portal ball then threw it on the wall, the ball is no longer visible but a wooden door with a door knob shows up at the wall. I whispered the exact address of the princess the door knob turns red it means it's already located to the place I wanted, I took a glance on the mirror to arrange my cap then walks inside the door.

 

 

A two story house, painted in white, colorful fresh watered flowers in different pots. I guess the grandma and the princess likes flowers, I stepped on the welcome rug then knocked on the door three times. An old lady opened the door, her wrinkles around her eyes, and her hair is all white but she still looks like strong. Her eyes widened as I met her eyes then quickly shuts the door, is this how they greet people here?

 

 "Who is it grandma?" a gir'ls voice, about like same age as mine said. I knocked again and a girl her hair tied up but still messy and pimples around her face but wearing eyeglasses. A perfect one to scare children every Halloween to prevent them from asking candies.

 

Their house is pretty nice, floral curtains, old family paintings hanging on the wall, smell of fresh baked cookies which looked like the princess baked it since she's wearing an apron.

 

 

 "No, im not letting you bring her" the old lady said, after I sat down on their sofa.

 

 "But Mr. Kim said you two will be in danger if I don't take her to the Hotel, you can be in danger if you two live with each other" 

 

 "What? Dangerous?" the princess asked cluelessly. After I kept on convincing the old lady until she finally said "yes".

 

 "Where are we going? You'll come with me right?" the princess said holding tightly to her grandma.

 

 "No, I am not coming with you, only princesses like you can come"

 

"Y-yes grandma, take care" she hugged the old lady tightly. The  princess packed her things quickly, I just waited outside looking around, guarding for the princess. I remembered what Nickhun hyung told, but I don't feel anything strange, just nervous because it's my first time, I guess I'll die soon not because of fighting but because of being with a princess forever.

 

 "Hey im ready" the princess said not looking at me. Is she angry? I just chuckled.

 

 "You should be, cause this will be a long trip I guess?" I told her to scare her but it seems like she's not, she's frowning. We started walking down the street, she's following me, I felt uncomfortable it's not safe to let a princess walk behind you, what if a monster just stab her from the back. I tried thinking something to make her lead the way, but she don't know where's the Hotel.

 

"Hey!!" the princess' voice. I looked at the back far away from me and she's pointing t the right, I glanced to the right where she is pointing which is a big truck heading towards me, I widened my eyes then quickly jumped to the side. Which makes me fall on me left arm, I groaned in pain from my arm, I tried to sit up grabbing my left arm.

 

 "Hey are you okay?" she said coldly.

 

 "Yes, I am" I nodded then stands up slowly. Is she really that mean or she's doing it on purpose?