Goodbye, Thank You

That Gray Diary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They walked pass the people loitering around going somewhere more peaceful and private.

 

Later on, they were brought by their feet to an elevated place full of rocks where the wide peaceful sea is in clear view even at the middle of the night. Only the full perfectly rounded moon and a lamp post gives off lights to the place well enough to help them see each other's face.

 

 

Together, they sat on a big rock with a few inches of gap between them. 

 

 

"So..."Baekhyun began not sure what to say as awkward silence sorrounded them. Only the calm waves from the sea can be heard. He kept waiting for Taeyeon to answer but to his dismay, no words came out from her. He looked at Taeyeon and surprisingly, a smile was plastered all over her face. Baekhyun's about to say something when he heard Taeyeon sigh.

 

 

"How are you? I remember you wanting to become a sea captain 9 years ago." Taeyeon asked him remembering how long it has been already. 

 

 

"I-Im just fine. I eventually became a sea captain just like what I told all of you.  It was too hard to get in there but thankfully I became one." Baekhyun smiled looking straight at the sea, admiring its beauty.

 

"Well then congrats. I remember both of you and Jonghyun wanting to get there. Sadly, he didn't.." Taeyeon laughed a little remembering how epic it turned out for Jonghyun.

 

"Oh no no.. he took the exam again and luckily he was accepted. There's just a slight problem with his physical test at first.. you know malnourish. But the thing is when he took it for the 2nd time, surprisingly, he now resembles a body builder and became just like me.." Baekhyun stated giggling still not looking at Taeyeon.

 

"That's great then! It's just unlucky for me to not be aware of what's happening after we all separated. I don't have a single idea how successful others might have been now." Taeyeon stated honestly with a frown visible on her pretty face.

 

"I heard Victoria became a supermodel in Paris. And what surprised me the most, Key who's been bullying Eunji before, had their second baby last summer and is a baby boy!" Baekhyun stated loudly full of disbelief.

 

"That's hilarious! I even remember Key swearing not even in his dreams would he imagine marrying Eunji. And it eventually turned like that! We even had a bet before with Key, if ever they'd be a couple, he'll pay us a vacation abroad. Just that I can't. Tiffany and I were separated from our group long enough we did not have any communication at all. I bet everyone's happy and married now." Taeyeon mumbled smiling half-heartedly.

 

 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked her finally turning his head to look at her perfect features noting himself how beautiful she looks under the light of the moon.

 

 

Taeyeon on the other hand didn't want to answer his question, afraid that it might lead to somewhere she's not ready to talk about.

 

 

"How's Suzy? I also haven't heard anything about her." Taeyeon asked ignoring Baekhyun's question.

 

 

"S-She's just fine.." Baekhyun replied with a hint of hesitation.

 

 

"Can't you just say you're already happy with her?" Taeyeon thought.

 

 

"She must be really happy now.." she blurted out bitterly.

 

 

"You're avoiding my question Taeyeon.... why?" Baekhyun whispered. 

 

"Hmm? W-what do you mean?" Taeyeon stuttered... she turned her head to Baekhyun acting as if not understanding what he just asked.

 

For the first time after so long, Taeyeon gazed at his eyes and wished she never did. Taeyeon felt like everything came backwards to when she never have ever wanted to. Memories she enclosed inside her came back haunting her. Feelings that she thought she have already forgotten came back like it's been always there all these time.

 

 

An eye contact that means a lot to Taeyeon and an eye contact, even if it hurts she knows...

 

 

 

 

 

doesn't mean anything to Baekhyun. 

 

 

 

 

 

It hit her and broke her heart...

 

 

 

 

 

again for the hundredth time...

 

 

 

 

"You cut all ties and connection with us..." Baekhyun uttered still looking at her intently.

 

 

"I.....I..uhmm... I'ts none of y-" Taeyeon was cut off immediately.

 

 

"Is it because of us or so you can run away af far as possible f-from me?" he asked her never taking his eyes off her as if wanting to get the answer from it.

 

 

"Baekhyun-ah what nonsense are you talking about?" Taeyeon said trying to calm her expression.

 

 

"Taeyeon I'm not stupid not to know your intentions. You obviously did that on purpose because of me!" Baekhyun raised his voice trying to provoke her.

 

 

"Really? How can you be so sure? You don't even know a tiny bit about me nor how I feel! if you know me enough, can you tell me exactly why I did that?! No! Never! Because you never cared!!"

 

 

"Taeyeon-"

 

 

"Baekhyun do you even know I'm suffering back then? No because you didn't care! All of you didn't care. You don't even have any intentions to."

 

 

"Taeyeon I've never said anything like that." Baekhyun spoke, his voice full of sincerity. But Taeyeon just did not want to believe his words.

 

 

"No Baekhyun.... Back then I wanted to tell all of you how lonely I have been yet no one dared to care... only Tiffany. Caring by telling you do care doesn't have much effect anymore nor does it have any effect anymore.... Admit it you're just one of them Baekhyun.."

 

Taeyeon kept crying as if it's the only thing that could ease up the pain she's been holding until now.

 

"Taeyeon please let me tell you..... that...... I.... " Baekhyun stuttered not able to continue and look at the calmly crying Taeyeon.

 

"You can't even say anything... Baekhyun I guess this is it. In the end I still can't say the exact words to say..... I should have just given it to you and never have talked.." Taeyeon wiped her tears and took the little notebook at her other side that she's able to get from her bag a while ago when she gave it to Junsu.

 

Still Baekhyun can't even utter a single word. It's like his mind's filled with tons of words he wanted to say or ask, yet, he doesn't know where to begin.

 

"Take this Baekhyun... If you read it, I might forget everything easily. I can just live my life peacefully. T-Thank you.....for all the memories you've given me... I'll cherish it... Goodbye" 

 

Baekhyun wasn't able to catch up with what Taeyeon had muttered, he focused his mind right to the gray notebook Taeyeon gave him. He can remember it clearly, it's her diary 9 years ago.

 

"Why are you givin....Taeyeon?" Baekhyun took everything around him realizing that Taeyeon was already gone. Didn't know what to do next, hesitated at first, he look at the gray diary he's been holding and opened it.

 

 

 

Baekhyun's confused as he look at the pages.. it's empty.

 

 

Carelessly holding it, the diary fell on the ground and a folded paper appeared from the back of it. Seeing this, he realized that the first page of the diary starts at the back.

 

Without any second thoughts, he took it together with the paper by his hands immediately going near the light post for him to see everything clearly. Without even hesitating, he unfolded the paper and by the looks of it, it seems like it has been ripped from an old notebook. As he saw the content, he felt his heart beat louder than it has normally been...

 

It's the last thing he expected to see..

 

 

It's a sketch of him from afar... 

 

 

A sketch Taeyeon did while she might be staring at him from afar.. a habit she had before when she started liking him.

 

 

Written phrases from a song at the bottom part of the paper immediately caught his attention..

 

 

'When I open my eyes, I only see your back.

I just want you, love me, will love come.

Tell me that you love me, if you feel the same way

I hope and hope and hope but I can’t have you

I know this but I look at you again like a fool'

 

 

Suddenly a droplet fell on the paper.

 

"Is it raining?.." but as soon as he asked himself another droplet fell on the paper. Involuntarily, Baekhyun touched his eyes and felt how water kept getting out from it.. 

 

"I'm not crying right.. ahaha.. impossible. Maybe a bug landed on it....." he kept trying to find himself funny but a frown just can't escape his face.

 

Without taking how he seriously look, he rummage through its contents and just then, the following pages caught his eyes.

 

"I can't say things with all honesty directly to him. I know I'll only look stupid if ever that happens. So I guess releasing all of it here is much better."

 

"I was seating silently at the back looking out of nowhere. There weren't much people inside the room and I think it's better this way, not much noise. I saw him sit 2 rows in front of me doing some random stuffs. Just looking at his back makes me happy, and that's enough. About a few minutes have passed, I saw him holding a calculator near his face. To my surprise, I saw the reflection of his eyes on the glass of the calculator as if staring at me. I don't know how to react.... I felt shy and just did my things. A few minutes passed, I can't take it anymore and so I stood up from my seat. As soon as I did it,... I was hurt.... Suzy was seating at the back and I assume that she's been there for a long time already, considering how noisy it was a while ago. So he's looking at her.... I see. Enough with your silly imaginations Taeyeon."

 

"You're a coward Baekhyun and you're so stupid Baekhyun! " he confessed trying to stop himself from crying but just can't happen.

 

 

"Are you seriously crying right now stupid Baekhyun?!" he told himself wiping his already wet face.

 

"We've never had much interactions with each other except during group activities whenever we're at the same group. Classes already ended and everyone's packing their things and others are laughing and preparing to leave. All of a sudden, he randomly dances in front of me and made funny gestures. Which is really funny and weird at the same time ahahaha. I don't know what's with him but I just smiled at him. Satisfied with it, he went to others and does it too. Well that's just great... I guess.. Then there, he carried Suzy's bag and together they went home.. That's just really great.. too great"

 

"Now I know.... It all turned into a misunderstanding. I did it not minding how stupid I look like and did it to others just so I won't be too obvious... really great Baekhyun.. really great all your tactics are just so great.."

 

"I was in the mood and so I talked with some of my classmates. Just then, I've noticed a strong perfume hit my nostrils. Due to hyperactiveness, I scrunched my nose and said that it smells horrible while laughing. As I look at my side, it was actually coming from him. Not even minding him, I said how horrible it was again. And then I just realized what I did, which was totally annoying, I assume. He avoided me that day and saw that he was really angry. Few days passed, I walked into the room and just then, he walked out. As I walked pass him, I smelled him ' unintentionally'. I felt really happy. Why? He actually changed his perfume but by thinking how angry he was the other day won't do. Maybe Suzy didn't like his smell too and wants him to change it... Maybe at some point in my life there would come a time that I just need to be happy for them. Right?"

 

 

"You're always saying it was Suzy! Suzy! Suzy! We didn't even became us.. We're just friends.. ok? we're just friends. I don't wanna go near you because I smell like sh*t! What's wrong with me! I didn't know that I made you feel this terrible! I'm sorry.." Baekhyun said remorseful. He can already feel his swollen eyes but just kept on reading.

 

"It was honestly my first to be this happy because of him. I was late at school and so I need to be punished. Because there isn't much time, for the class needs to get going, our professor told me to just sing a stanza of whatever song I wanted to, so I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter