1/1

stress

By the time Jimin has run his hand through his hair for the twelfth time (Jungkook had counted) he was so stiff and when he went to crack his neck it didn’t make a satisfying popping sound he was looking for. Jungkook had stopped working twenty minutes ago, brain fried, so he opted instead to doodle on the margins of his paper and watch Jimin get more and more frustrated with his work. He didn’t enjoy seeing the elder so upset but it’s not like he could help him; he was a year younger so what Jimin was learning was no where near what Jungkook was learning.

 

When Jimin stops to look at the problem he’s working on, realizing that he shouldn’t have used the quadratic equation because he could have just easily foiled the problem instead of using the long formula, he puts his pencil down and curls up on the floor and makes a noise that resembles a dying cat. Jungkook attempts a laugh but it ends up not leaving his mouth, a puff of air leaving his nose that resembles a bull ready to charge.

 

“I’m so glad you find my pain funny,” Jimin groans, waist twisted at an awkward angle, as he is half lying down and half sitting up.

 

Jungkook kicks his textbook away from him as well as his papers, done for the day, or at least until he gets home (or probably not instead rushing to finish his homework in homeroom the next day). “I don’t know why you took Honors Calc instead of regular. You knew you were gunna get Kang and she’s such a , honestly. I had her freshman year and that was the worst experience of my life. I heard that Shin lets you have your phone out in class and he pretty much doesn’t give a . You could’ve aced his class no problem,” Jungkook reasons.

 

Jimin turns to lie on his back, scattering his notes in the process, “Math is easy though! Math has always come easy to me, it’s just that I’m not good at mental math and she goes so ing fast and she gives too much ing homework and I am so ready to rip my hair out.”

 

They sit in silence for a while after that, Jimin trying to straighten out his back after having being bent over his textbook for two hours. Jungkook is done watching the poor boy struggle when he realized his hyung cannot get his back to crack so he stands up and waves Jimin onto the bed. “Come here, I’ll give you a massage. You look like you’re in so much pain.” Jimin gets up ridiculously quick and plops onto his bed (not before kissing Jungkook on the cheek and whispering, “you’re a saint, Jungkook, a real saint”).

 

As Jimin lies down, Jungkook tells him to take his shirt off (“It’ll just get in the way plus it’s not like you keep your shirt on when you don’t need to anyway”) and straddles Jimin’s hips, sitting on the top of his thighs.

 

Jimin all but moans when Jungkook starts working at his shoulders, digging his fingers into his tan back. When Jungkook finds his first knot he starts to gently massage it before pressing harder and harder until he’s digging his elbow into the knot and Jimin is next to tears because “It hurts so ing badly, you prick”. But it eventually loosens up and Jungkooks continues until he finds another knot and another and another (Jimin’s always had a bad back but Jungkook figures he must be really stressed right now). He eventually gets to the very bottom of his spine and then works his way back up, rubbing shoulders again as well as his neck. He goes back down then up again, his finger kneading and rubbing into the supple flesh of Jimin’s back. He even rubs Jimin’s biceps when he feels that he’s rubbed his back enough.

 

Twenty minutes have passed and it’s then that Jungkook realizes that Jimin’s been way too quiet and it’s slightly unnerving. Jungkook has been too focused on what he was doing that he didn’t notice how Jimin’s breath evened out and he fell asleep, cheek squished against his pillow.

 

Jungkook runs his hand through Jimin’s hair and gets off of him, cleaning up his disarray of papers instead. He would organize Jimin’s as well but he knows he’d be blamed later if the elder couldn’t find something. Jungkook sits contently on his phone leaning against the bed until not long after Jimin stirs and opens one eye to look at Jungkook, ruffling his hair affectionately. “You’re the best, Kookie,” he says, adoration in his eyes.

 

Jungkook smiles until it reaches his eyes, “Anything for you, hyung.”