003

A Promise of Eternity

Baekhyun elegantly lean down to pick up the soccer ball from the ground. D.O was watching from behind him and rolled his eyes at Baekhyun’s actions. Baekhyun flashes D.O a pleasant smile before throwing it to a nearby teammate. The two of them were staying after school and attending their soccer club. Their club member were out playing soccer liked any other day

“You seriously need to stop with all those postures. “ D.O reprimanded.

Baekhyun gave him an innocent look and asked, “What are you talking about? What postures?”

The two of them began to jog back to the soccer field as D.O. told him, “I don’t know, that annoying action where it look like you are seducing someone. What’s with you leaning down and showing your round ?”

Baekhyun fake a pain expression and replied, “I can’t help that I’m too y for my own good.”

“Yeah, you’re too y for your own looks that women ignore you and men tried to you. That’s what you deserve with that attitude. You look even more girly with those dark eyeliners on.” D.O said sarcastically.

Baekhyun curve his lips into a smirk before replying, “It’s not my fault! At least it’s better than you giving out that innocent aura to let down people guard. I can’t believe how many girls had fall for that.”

D.O shrugged his shoulders as if falling for him was obvious. Baekhyun look at him in disdain and quickly added, “They were all smart enough to break up with you only after a few days.”

D.O immediately sends a smack to Baekhyun back head but Baekhyun was prepare for it. He successfully dodge it.

Seeing how he failed, D.O pouted, “it can’t be help that they can’t handle my awesomeness. Also, it doesn’t really matter if they break up with me. I just went out with them to suppress my feelings for Sulli.”

Baekhyun and D.O immediately splits up as soon as one of the male from the other team pass the soccer ball to . D.O stretch out his short leg and stops the ball on time. The soccer ball was kick over to Baekhyun and he continue to kick the ball toward the goal. The enemy came back to steal the ball but he easily bypass them. His body move swiftly and he eagerly play around with the enemies.

“Baekhyun, stop showing off and just kick the ball into the goal already!’

Baekhyun turn to glance at D.O to give a smirk, only to see D.O horrified face. D.O shouted, “Look out! He is about to steal the ball!’

Baekhyun quickly turn to see the enemy who was about to kick the soccer ball from his feet. He scolded himself for not paying attention and kicks the ball using all his strength. Even though he was quite close to the goal, he would rather not have the enemy steal the soccer ball. So he kicks it toward the unprepared D.O who was a few meters away from him.

“Why are you-“

D.O ran toward the ball but it went passed him due to the high speed. His short legs made him unable to reach for the ball. The others tried to catch up but they were too far away from the ball. Baekhyun had kick the ball towards D.O because he was unguarded and was alone. However, he never expected that he put too much force into his kick and made the soccer ball fly pass D.O.

“God damn!” He cursed. D.O tried to catch up to the ball but stops when he saw that it quickly went out of boundary. Baekhyun watch helplessly and suddenly let out a gasped, “Omo! Stop!”

He suddenly shouts out, “Watch Out!”

There was a tall man present who was looking at his smart phone. He had short brown hair that was comb to the side. His face was manly and he looked quite attractive. However, at the side of his lip was a small bruise that ruin his perfect look. He had a tall model body that only made him dreamier. The uniform he had on was fit tightly on his body, clearly outline his good built.

The man was too concentrated to notice the flying soccer ball that was coming towards him. He only heard a loud voice that said, “Watch out!”

That voice had interrupted his concentration so he look up, only to be greeted with a flying soccer ball. It slam into his face and made him fell back on the ground. It was an instant K.O and knock the daylight out of him. His vision turn dark and he felt his face burning. Before he knew it, he enter a world of darkness.

All the members of the soccer club, including Baekhyun and D.O, stops their activity and rush over to see the man. They all gasped when they saw who it was.

“No way, is this Chanyeol?” One of the gasped.

“Isn’t he known for being violent? “ D.O asked.

“Just look at that bruise on his face. It was probably from a fight.” Another added.

They all look nervously and Baekhyun had a pale face. Even he had heard the rumors flying around Chanyeol. He had paid careful attention to Chanyeol because he was one of the male from his past life. However, he avoided Chanyeol not only because of his strange dreams, but also due to the fact that Chanyeol was known for being a delinquent.

Will he beat me up if he knew that I was the one who had kick the soccer ball?

Baekhyun shuddered just thinking about it. He quietly turned to s and asked in a low voice, “It was an accident, what I am going to do if he found out the truth?”

No one replied to his question and silence reign for a few seconds.

“Let just pretend that this had never happen.” Baekhyun decided.

D.O looks at Baekhyun with an “are you kidding me” expression. They all know that Chanyeol was going to find out sooner or later. For now, Baekhyun could only hope that Chanyeol had lost his memory from being hit on the head.  He clasped his hands together and pray for a second before bringing Chanyeol to the infirmary. It was only better that the nurse was not present to ask them any questions. In this way, the nurse will not be able to answer Chanyeol’s question if he asked who took him to the infirmary.

Baekhyun couldn’t sleep that night and came to school with dark swollen eyes. When he went to class the next day, D.O study him for a while and quickly burst into laughter, “God, you look liked that panda guy named Tao.”

Baekhyun was about to smack D.O’s head when he suddenly stops. In a few feet away was Suho who was trying to open his locker. Baekhyun usually comes late to school so he never sees Suho even though their lockers were near each other. It was early morning but Suho was already surrounded by his fan girls. Baekhyun could only sympathize and sighed, “Its hard being popular. I wouldn’t want to be overcrowded by a bunch of girls. Everyone needs a breather sometimes”

D.O looked at Baekhyun in disdain and scoffed, “You wish! How can you ever be popular?”

Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders and defended, “I was just saying. Who said that I want to-HeeeHH!”

He immediately froze and turned around to hide his face in the locker. The locker could not fit his head but it was still able to hide his face from view. D.O look at him in bewilderment before the answer dawn on him. Heading their way was a tall giant with an unhappy expression. The giant look like he was about to murder someone. Even though D.O was not the one who injured Chanyeol, he was also scared out of his wits.

He whispered to Baekhyun, “Yo Eyeliner, stay calm. He does not even know who hit him. You are acting too obvious!”

Although he said that, he himself was trembling from fright. He was also scare of being beaten up. Baekhyun elbowed D.O and scowled, “Who are you calling eyeliner?”

But the two of them shut up when they saw that Chanyeol was walking closer and closer to them. The girls surrounding Suho stops their chattering and moves out of Chanyeol’s way. Suho look at Chanyeol before turning to look at the trembling duo near him. He had notice the duo when he came to his locker. He also notices how the two male started acting weird the moment Chanyeol appeared.

The two male pray for Chanyeol to walk pass them but their prayers were not answered. The giant stop his steps in front of the two male. The two look like trap mouse in front of a roaring lion.

“Hey.”

Chanyeol loud and coarse voice echoes throughout the silent hallways. Baekhyun’s face turn pale and he could feel his soul leaving his body. D.O who was next to him was reacting in the same way.

D.O’s lips were trembling when he stuttered, "Y-Ye-Yes?”

His cold eyes narrowed and he asked, “Are you two from the soccer club?”

D.O helplessly nodded his head. Baekhyun who was next to D.O did not even move.

“Who was there yesterday? Were you two there?” Chanyeol question in a threatening tone.

“We were not!” Baekhyun blurted out.

D.O sighed at Baekhyun’s stupidity. He was acting too obvious!

Chanyeol look at Baekhyun suspiciously. Baekhyun and D.O shuddered when they felt the cold glare. Suho wanted to speak out because it looks like the tall giant was bullying two weak and fragile boys. The fan girls saw his intention and pull him back. They didn’t want their prince to be caught up in the mess. However, as the student president of the school, he feel like it was his responsibility, especially since the two male being bullied were his classmates.

“I-I-We were not there!” Baekhyun repeated.

He quickly added, “I’m sorry, but if I don’t go to class, I will be late!”

Baekhyun was about to dash away but the giant easily grab onto the short male and pull him back. The giant’s iron grip was holding tightly onto the poor male.

I’m seriously going to be kill! This is gonna hurt!

Baekhyun was already seeing his incoming death. How could this scary man be the same man from his past life? He shuddered as the memories came flooding back.

“I really don’t know anything! I don’t know who kick the soccer ball!” Baekhyun pleaded.

D.O faceplam his face. He really felt like smacking Baekhyun right now. It was too late to help Baekhyun already. He was already halfway to death door.

“So you know who did it?” Chanyeol questioned.

Baekhyun’s face turn even paler as he realize his mistakes. However, his lips didn’t match what he thought. He continued, “I don’t know who kick the ball to knock you out.”

Chanyeol’s expression change for a moment before it turns even darker. As a male, he didn’t like to reveal the fact that he was knock out. Not only will it ruin his reputation, it also hurt his pride. How could someone known as strong and monstrous be knocked out by a soccer ball? It’s laughable! It was even worse that Baekhyun had to just go and reveal it! He raises his hand into a fist and uses his other hand to grab Baekhyun’s collared shirt.

“Wait! Wait! Wait! Not the face! “Baekhyun pleaded.

His face was his most attractive feature and he would cry if it got ruin. Chanyeol was surprised at the short male sudden words. It was the first time a person who he was about to beat up plead for the face. This short boy interest him and he gave up the idea of beating him up. Without another word, he put his fist down but his grip on Baekhyun’s shirt tightened. He immediately began walking and drag Baekhyun along with him.

“Wait-What are you doing! Let me go! D.O! Help me! D.O! D.O!”

Baekhyun voice echoes throughout the hallway. D.O only snaps out of his fear when Baekhyun disappear into the corner. His legs were frozen a while ago when Chanyeol raised his fist towards Baekhyun.

He gasped, “What kind of friend am I? Baekhyun, I’m coming to help!”

He decided to find a teacher to help Baekhyun. Just as he turns around, he slams into someone.

He cursed, “Yah! Who dare to stand in my way at this moment! I’m in a hurry.”

He look up only to see an amuse male with bright and silver hair. The tan boy stare at the growling short boy. D.O touches his red face that had slam into the tan’s boy chest. It was burning and hurting at the same time!

“You-You, move out the way!” D.O roared.

He step to the side to go pass the tan-male, but the male block D.O path. D.O growled at the male and step to the other side but the tan-male block his path again.

D.O patience had shortened and he shouted, “You better move out of the way! I’m not in the mood to play with you!”

Kai’s face broke into a smirk and he taunted, “What are you going to do if I don’t move?”

D.O was furious but he knew that it was not the time to go into an argument with Kai. He was really in a hurry! If he did not go inform a teacher, Baekhyun may be too late to be saved. So he gave up the idea of going pass Kai and turn to the path behind him. Kai watch in amusement as the small boy disappears from his sight, He silently chuckle to himself and walk away. Suho who was present had witness everything and had a heavy feeling. If anything happen to Baekhyun, he felt like an accomplice who did not intervene to help.

Once again, the silent hallway turn noisy after Kai disappear. People quickly gossip and spread around what happen today. A small boy from the soccer club had offended the number one delinquent and was drag to be beat up.