001

A Promise of Eternity

"Miyoung!"

Miyoung turn around and smile at the owner of the sweet voice. He walk closer to her and gently push some strands of hairs off her face. She giggle because it tickle her. She lightly push his hand away and pouted cutely, "Oppa, I'm not a kid."

"Well, you're cute liked one." He complimented.

She blushed at his compliment and turn away. A moment later, she look behind her shoulder to take a glance at him. An idea slowly starts to form in her mind.

"Oppa." She called.

When his attention was on her, she slowly grab on her skirt. She pulled it up and taunted, "I bet you can't catch me."

He smiled, "Don't be too sure-Hey! Miyoung!"

Miyoung had already took off. She could hear him calling after her and started to laugh. Her laughter could be heard throughout the garden. She take a quick glance behind her shoulder and saw how close he was. Before she could turn around, she bump into someone. That someone immediately clasped his arms around her waist. Surprised, she slowly look up at the stranger. When she recognize who he was, she sweetly smile.

"Oppa." She said in her soft voice.

"Oppa."

"Oppa!"

Baekhyun groaned in his sleep. Someone was shaking him.

"Oppa!"

Baekhyun open one of his eyes and saw his angry sister peering down on him. He groaned and pull his blanket over his head. His sister quickly pull the cover off him and place her arms on her hips. Baekhyun curl up into a ball and turn to the other side to avoid her glare.

"Oppa," She started off, "We have less than ten minutes left until the school gate close."

His eyes immediately swing open and he jump off his bed. He scowled at her, "Yah! Why didn't you tell me!"

"I did! It's just that you were too lazy to listen." She shot back.

He ignore her dumb retorts and scramble to get his school uniform. His sister, Sulli, had left the room to get her school bag. During that time, Baekhyun has manage to wash his face, brush his teeth, and wear his uniform. He didn't bother brushing his hair and ran to put on his shoes.

"Wait for me!" He heard his sister yelled.

He ignore her and ran to get his bike. Sulli appear beside him and they both pedal their fastest to school. They arrive just in time before the school close.

“Late again!"

His best friend, D.O, was clapping his hands the moment he saw Baekhyun enter the class.

“Baekhyun, you broke the new record.”

Baekhyun couldn't help rolling his eyes. He slump on his chair and waited for his heart to stop beating so fast. He had literally ran to his classroom and ignore the shouts, to stop, coming from his teachers.

D.O continue to make fun of Baekhyun until Baekhyun shoot him a glare. At this, D.O just grin and sat down on the chair next to Baekhyun.

"Did you oversleep again?" D.O asked.

Baekhyun just nod his head. D.O sighed at Baekhyun's lack of response and pull out his cellphone. While scrolling through some random pictures, he came across a picture that caught his attention. He began laughing to himself.

Baekhyun look at him in bewilderment.

"What are you laughing about?" Baekhyun asked.

D.o slap his hand on the desk and held on to his stomach. He didn't answer Baekhyun's question and started to laugh even louder. The few students in their class had turn their attention to the two of them. Annoyed, Baekhyun snatch D.O's cellphone away and look at what was so funny.

Baekhyun gasped, "What the-How?"

He was speechless. It was a picture of Baekhyun crossdressing a week ago. Baekhyun and D.O had come up with a bet and Baekhyun had lost. He was forced to dress up as a girl. In the picture, there was an old man holding on to Baekhyun's wrist. Anyone can see the look of disgust visible on Baekhyun's face.

Just seeing the picture make Baekhyun shuddered. He could still remember the moment the man tried to him. As if on reflex, Baekhyun had punch the man and rush over to D.O for help. Now that he had seen the picture, he wasn't amuse.

He smack D.O's head.

"Yah! Baekhyun! How could you?" D.O growled.

Baekhyun ignore him and was about to click the delete button. D.O quickly snatch the cellphone off Baekhyun's hand.

"Give it back here!" Baekhyun yelled.

D.O stick out his tongue and told Baekhyun, "Even if you delete this, I still have backup."

He stuck the cellphone back in his pocket and turn away with a teasing grin. Baekhyun groaned in defeat and hit his forehead on his desk.

*Stupid D.O*

His head shot back up when he hear some girls screaming in the distance.

*Not this again.*

The girls were giggling and Baekhyun could hear the  running footsteps coming toward his class. He was not surprised when a handsome male around his height enter the room. This cause all the girls in the class to squeal in delight. The male flash the girls his charming smile and cause all the girl to fall back on their chair.  It was the usual day attraction and Baekhyun had grown tired of it. Baekhyun could still remember what he dreamed this morning.

“Don’t be too sure-Hey! Miyoung!”

The scene replay in his head . He snickered to himself and return to hit his forehead on the desk. It was bad enough that he could remember his past life. It was even worst to encounter someone who was in his past life.

Baekhyun could still remember the same exact words his mother used to tell him when he was younger.

“Dreams are just dreams. Honey, they can’t hurt you.”

He kept chanting to those words as if it was some kind of spell. As a child, Baekhyun constantly had dreams that haunted him. The dreams were random and continuous. Even to this day, he still dreamed of them. It didn’t take him long enough to figure out that these dreams were memories of his previous life. At first, he was confused and then he was scared out of his wits. There was no one he could confide in because he will be call crazy. So he learned to keep them to himself and endure them.

Liked his mother said, the dreams were harmless. It only turned scary when he turned eight and was sold into the red-light district. That was also how he met the three most important people in his life.

He never saw these three people in his present life. That was why he was so scared when he did. They were not his important people in this life time and shall never be. It didn’t help that the three of them end up attending his school. He made it his goal to avoid these men. He tried to avoid them but fate was not on his side.

Byun Baekhun was force to be in the same class as one of them, Kim Junmyeon, or you can also called him, Suho. It did make Baekhyun wonder though. The three most important people in his previous life, who happened to be all male, turn out to looked exactly the same. They have the same face, same personality, and even the same name! Baekhyun was the only one who changed. He was no longer the same flower girl. The two of them are the exact opposites!

Baekhyun stop hitting his head on the desk and look up because he could feel someone staring at him. Suho was studying Baekhyun with an unreadable expression. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes.

*What is he looking at?*

Suho sent Baekhun a friendly smile when their eyes met. Baekhyun could feel the hairs on his arms stick out. It was so awkward to see a friendly smile now because he had seen so many full of affections. He shudder and look away. Suho furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and wondered, “Why is he always avoiding me?”

D.O had witness the whole scene and elbow Baekhyun to gain his attention.

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

D.O shrugged, “I’m just wondering why you keep on avoiding Suho and the other two guys. Do you have something against them?”

An answer start forming in D.O head and he gasped, “Are you perhaps, jealous?”

Baekhyun choke on his own saliva. He was unimpressed by D.O stupid question.

“Are you stupid, D.O? Why would you think that?” Baekhyun scoffed.

D.O only nod his head in understanding but lean back on his chair with a judging look. Baekhyun didn’t bother protesting because their teacher had enter the room. He pull out his notebook when the teacher announce the start of class.

Halfway through the lesson, Baekhyun was bored and began doodling on his notebook. D.O notice Baekyun’s boredom and elbow Baekhyun. Baekhyun shot him a glare, which  cause D.O to laughed.

“What?” Baekhyun whispered.

D.O look up to see if the teacher notice. The teacher was too busy writing on the board to notice. D.O took this chance to lean forward and start, “Did you hear about-Ah!“

He shut his mouth and the two of them immediately back away when an eraser came flying through them. The two of them froze on their spot. Someone was walking toward them and they both knew who it was.

“Hear about what?” The teacher bellowed.

The two of them look up and saw the teacher in front of their desks.  D.O gasped and Baekhyun gulped. They both sat in the center of the class and now everyone’s attention was on them.

“Would you like to tell the class?” The teacher offered.

While the teacher was talking, Baekhyun notice something black on the teacher’s teeth. He tried to suppress a laugh but end up laughing. D.O panic when he saw the teacher’s glare turn menacing. He patted Baekhyun on the shoulder to stop. Instead, Baekhyun continue to laugh.

“Sungsaenim, did you eat kimbap this morning? There is a piece of seaweed stuck on your teeth.”

The teacher’s face turn bright pink at Baekhyun’s words, probably due to embarrassment or anger. The rest of the students join in laughing when they notice the seaweed. The class was turn into an uproar of laughter.

“Silence!” The teacher yelled.

Everyone close their mouth, even Baekhyun. The teacher quickly wipe the seaweed off his teeth and stomp back to the front of the class. D.O and Baekhyun sighed in relief but high-five each other afterward.

Suho witness the whole scene. He was the only one who did not join in to make fun of the teacher. He shook his head in disapproval.

*He is such a troublemaker.*

Suho simply turn away from Baekhyun and the lesson continue.