A Morning Like No Other Morning

Abnormal

A/N: Okay so this first chapter is short as it is intended to be. Just know that the rest of the chapters in this story will not be this short and could actually be considered long. If this story comes out cheesy... Sorry XD


At the shrill of an alarm, which almost turned him deaf, he turned in bed to look at the time. He was late for school. The boys didn't bother to wake him up and left without him.

Well, then.

He got up from the bed to get dressed. With no care in the world about what he wears, he puts on the first thing he sees in his closet. Suga would chastise him if he saw him right now.

Stupid bastards had to leave without him...

In the bathroom he quickly brushed his teeth and washed his face. He hated the taste of toothpaste and he absolutely loathed the smell of soap or any other cleansing chemicals, but personal hygiene is a must.

Well, I'm late already. Might as well take my time to eat, he thought as he headed downstairs.

In the kitchen, he quickly made a bowl of his favorite cereal and sat on a bar stool. He the TV and left it on whatever channel was on.

It was the news.

"...Last night the Seoul Metropolitan Police captured 2 Abnormals by a gas station. A local police officer stated he was on duty when he saw 2 Abnormals beside a gas station using unknown abilities on a middle school kid trying to get money from him. The officer quickly intervened and arrested the two Abnormals. The kid was safely returned home, but neither the police nor the SAI has not released the abilities of the 2 Abnormals..."

Click.

He set the remote down and stared into his bowl. The SAI has been getting better at tracking Abnormals lately, or so the police says. But he also knows from experience that they have been getting better at killing them too.

He remembers the scorching fire. He remembers the blood-curdling screams. He remembers everything about that dreadful day.

After losing his appetite, he dropped his bowl into the sink, grabbed his backpack, and headed out. Jin would be annoyed when he comes home to see that he didn't do the dishes like he was supposed to, but he didn't care at the moment.

It was cold and windy that day and he hated it. He had to walk to the bus stop while the wind slaps him in the face.

Fantastic.

As he passed by house after house, he could hear the life within them: the sound of a television changing channels, someone taking a shower, a baby crying.

As he passed by house after house he could smell the life within them: an apple pie cooling by the window, the smell of a pile of dirty laundry, a baby in a desperate need of a diaper change.

As he passed by house after house he could sense the life within them.

He was tired of it.

Reaching into his backpack, he took out his headphones and put his playlist on shuffle. Headphones blasting, he continued his walk. It didn't help that much, but it was still a relief from his ever-so-strong senses.

He arrived at the bus stop and he was the only one there. He quickly sensed his surroundings; it was instinct. After his body concluded that he wasn't in danger, he finally relaxed.

It's crazy how a human body could do things on its own. Sure, a man can move his knee and elbow by sending signals from his brain to his leg or arm, but he never told his lungs to stop working. He never asked his blood vessel to burst. He never wanted his heart to shut down.

There's a limit to a man's control of his own body, and maybe that's why people fear Abnormals so much.

He spit onto the ground beside him as he waited for the bus. The wind was blowing his hair into his face and it was pissing him off. Finally, after what seemed like forever, the bus showed up. Spitting again and cursing the wind as he walked into the bus, he quickly found an empty seat near the back.

Ahh, it's warm in here, he thought as he sat down. Even as he sat down on the cushioned seat, he could feel the warmth emanating from it.

He always hated the cold. He leaned his head against the window and sighed. His breath fogged up the glass and he liked the way it blurred out the world around him.

He closed his eyes and after a few minutes the bus stopped. It wasn't his stop so he didn't move. He sensed the bodies of the people on the bus moving and shifting. Even with his headphones in he couldn't get away from his senses.

He could never get away from his senses.

Then there was someone walking towards the back of the bus where he was. It was easy to sense her without looking at her. He smelled her perfume. He heard her light footsteps tapping against the bus floor. He could practically feel her presence. Then, she stopped...

...right beside him.

"Can I sit here?"

His eyes snapped open. After a second of complete and utter shock, he almost smirked.

People tend to shy away from him; it was a side-effect of being an Abnormal. He didn't mind it, though.

He was ready to say no to her. He turned towards her to tell her to get lost.

Then, he looked at her.


Well, there's that...

Like I said above, the rest of the chapters will not be this short. This one is just an exception :P

Tell me what you guys think, and next chapter is coming up next week. (I'm thinking about posting a chapter every week, I'm not sure yet...)

-TerryBerry-