Chapter 2: This is gonna be a long year…

Poker Face

Kangjus's P.O.V.:

It was the beginning of the new school year.

My father took me to that board school he told me about.

There were a lot of other kids around my age.
We were met by some seniors who took us to our rooms.
My roommate was Jackson, he was a kind, funny, cute, and a good built kid, he was about my age so we got along at the moment.

After unpacking our bags, we were all called to the great hall, so they distribute us to the teachers.
Every teacher chose a student randomly from a glass box.

My teacher’s name was Chun Ho-jin.

Afterwards teachers list us to get to know each other. Jackson and I went talking to everyone.

"Yo, Youngji~" Jackson called out, pulling me towards a young beautiful girl.

"Youngji, this is kangjun, my roommate, Kangjun this is youngji we met her this morning" He said smiling happily.

"Hey, youngji, what's up?" I said smiling, shaking her hand.

"I’m great, how are you guys?" she replied with a bright smile.

"we're good… Oh, I heard that you're teacher Hong Soohyun is the nicest here, and she's funny too" he said looking where teachers were standing.

"yes, I heard that too, hope she is" she replied waving at miss Hong, and she waved back smiling.

" what are you doing after the class, Young ji?" he asked her putting his hands in his back pocket.

"emmmm, I don't know, It depends… Why? You wanna go out?" she smirks.

"if you don't mind" he replies blushing.

"Well~ I…" she was about to reply but I cut her.
"Teachers are calling, let's go."
Why did I do that?

We’re standing  in queues in a big field open to the fresh air unlike the rest of the school.

The headmaster started talking about the rules of the school, sure it was different from any other school like everything else here.
"The most important rule is, Freshmen are not allowed to use any type of weapons nor their powers in their fights, no matter the situation they were in was." The headmaster said.
Powers? weapons? what is that all about? what kind of school is this?
suddenly all teachers and seniors stand up straight and a suffocating silence cover the whole place, As a young woman dressed all in black walked in, black skinny jeans, black sweatshirt, black cap hiding her face, her short dark brown ponytail swaying as she walks. she’s holding a metal baton in her hand.
She walked past us making us chill, it was like everyone feared her.
She does look scary.
She walked where the teachers were, sitting next to the headmaster, even he had a hard time talking, he was shaking.
the headmaster took a deep breath before he continued his speech.
But I wasn’t paying attention, I couldn’t remove my gaze away from her.

After another boring lecture of how to have self-discipline.
Teachers took us to start the first class.
I was following Mr. Chun Ho-jin When dad came, from nowhere and told Mr. Chun that he wants to talk to us for a moment, before leading us to an office in the administration building.

“And why would I do that? you know you can't pick your son's teacher. it’s against rules JinHee.” Mr. Chun objected on my father’s request to replace him with another teacher.

 

“Let it be an exception. for me.” My father replied coldly.

“And who is the teacher that you wanna replace me with?” Mr. Chun asked sarcastically.

"me, he wants me". Someone said coming in making us all look towards the door.

At the moment I saw who that was I froze it was the scary woman from earlier.

I heard how scary she is from other students, I doesn't want her to be my teacher

I looked at my father shaking my head, Mouthing “please No!”

Mr. Chun looked at her smirking. "if it's her, then I won't mind… have fun" He said standing up.

“Thank you Mr. Chun.” She said coldly bowing a half bow to him.

"No, no...it's nothing" He said nodding at my father before walking out.

“Thank you for accepting, Eunhee” my father said standing up to greet her.

“Who said I accepted?” She said with a poker face

“But you just said…” he objected.

“I said you wanted me, not that I agreed.” She cut him.

“That means you disagree???” he asked confused.

“No, I’ll do it but under my own terms.” she clarified.

“And What are they?” My father said exhaling.
I didn’t notice he was holding his breath. Does he fear her too.

“I teach him what I want, when I want, without you interfering in anything.”

“Excuse me?!” My father asks.

“You're excused.” She replies coldly.

“Yoon Eunhye, Do not Manipulate.” He smirks.

“So... Kangjun is it?... let's go, you have a class now.” she walked to the door.

“That girl really!” my father laughed.

“Dad!” I stand up trying to object, but I don’t think it will help.

“Go…” He said hugging me tight.
“Guess we won't be able to see each other for a long time.” my father told me breaking the hug.

“huh?!” I said staring at him.

he walked to the door then stopped and looks at her.

“You better take care of him.” He told her.

“Don’t you have work to do?” She said pushing him out, he smiled shaking his head before leaving.
"WHY ARE YOU STANDING THERE? MOVE IT" she snapped at me.
and I followed her, looking at the ground, fear filling my heart.

At the end of the day after we all  finished our classes.
I went back to my room, not able to move a muscle
my first class was to run for whole hour without stopping, and if I failed she made me starts over. Well, he failed a lot.

Jackson on the other hand had fun, Mr. Lee loved boxing, so jackson’s classes were mainly boxing… and he knew thing or two about it.

next morning, I woke up on Miss Yoon standing by my bed looking angry.
“Miss yoon?!  I…” I didn’t know what to say, as words failed me.
“How time is it now?.” she asks angry.
“...”
“It’s 8 am and you’re still in bed. aaah...I don’t know why did I agree to teach a freshman... Get up, you have 15 minutes or you’re not having breakfast today.”
she snaps before walking out, leaving blinking.
Why the hell didn’t Jackson wake me up?
I get out of bed and head to the bathroom to get ready for class.