Shock

Clenching A Tight Fist

 

Sunyoung’s POV

“Kikwang! Wait for me!” I yelled. I was busy tying my shoelaces and Kikwang walked of without waiting for me. He turned back and smiled. His smile never changed, it was the same one I first saw 15 years ago.

Kikwang and I were like two peas in a pod. We grew up together and did almost everything together. We were an infamous pair, always suspected by our friends of being in a relationship. Kikwang as my boyfriend? You’ve got to being kidding me. He’s just like a brother to me.

It was our last year in high school. Life couldn’t get any worse. I grabbed my school bag and caught up with Kikwang.

“I’m hanging out with Doojoon and Junhyung today, so you can go have fun with Sunny or whatever,” he said. I nodded my head.

“Ya… you sure you okay? I mean like after all that…” he said worriedly.

“Aish, I said I’m okay already.”

“If you were okay why were your eyes red and puffy just two days ago,” he muttered.

My hands twitched a little, he noticed it.

“Ahh I heard this bunch of guys transferred to our school. Wonder if we’ll be in the same class,” Kikwang quickly said, changing the topic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sun Young’s POV

“UNNI!~” Sunny came running towards me, giving me a bear hug. Kikwang laughed and gave Sunny a high five. Sunny and I have been classmates since we started high school. She’s the talkative type, daring at times and just plain mischievous. She’s the type who would go “KYAAA OPPA!” at concerts but I like her like that.

“I see Doojoon and Junhyung. See you later in class,” Kikwang said, running off to find his hyungs.

“Did you hear about it?” Sunny asked me as we walked to class.

“Hear about what?” I said, raising my eyebrow.

“Well… there’s this group of super hot cute awesome amazing tall handsome and talented guys who just transferred into our school.”

“Oh yea, Kikwang told me about it, minus all the adjectives.”

“Omo I can’t wait to see them! Quick go to the toilet, I need to fix my hair and add some makeup!” Sunny said, dragging me away. Aish, boy-obsessed girl.

Kikwang’s POV

“Aish I think our popularity just went down the drains,” Doojoon said, desperately staring at his phone. For the past few years, he’d be texting every two minutes to different girls, but now the only text he received today was from me. He nervously looked through his contact list and selected one of the girls.

“Yeobo~ Let’s have lunch together later.” “Oh? Oh okay. Bye”

“She said she already had plans.”

He tried again. “Minyoung ah~”  “ she hung up on me.”

“No point trying Doojoon. You just went from hero to zero,” I said.

Junhyung was busy texting and ended up tripping on his shoe laces, falling down.

“It’s been one year already and you’re still as clumsy as ever,” Doojoon teased. Junhyung whacked Doojoon in response and the two started a mini brawl. I couldn’t help but smile, it felt like us back in primary school.