Wrong Timing (Jungkook)

In the Mood for Love: I Need U Fanfiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We knew each other for a long time. It was in high school when I first met him. Whenever he laughed, his eyes were like curved lines I used to draw when I was in Kindergarten, his nose wrinkled and his teeth shined like little pearls. We were never introduced to each other but I know that he knows me as the quietest girl from the classroom-next-door, and he knows that I know him as the Mr. Popular in the whole campus. I always smiled at him whenever I saw him on the halls of the school, and, whenever he saw me, he smiled back. When I went to college, rarely heard about him, until the news faded. I graduated without hearing a single detail about him. We met again, by chance, in a small reunion among my friends and his friends.

“Long time no see.” It was the first time he talked to me. He never initiated a conversation before. He looked… different. He was not the cute and cuddly Jungkook I knew before. His face looked older. He had wounds on his lips and a bruise near his eye.

“Uh, yes. It’s nice seeing you again.” I said, then sat against him, a long table in between us.

The gathering went on like the usual. Most of them got drunk and I did drink a little but I managed to control it. I didn’t know with Jungkook. I can’t tell if he’s drunk or not, but, he’s staring at me, like reading a book he’d always wanted to read.

I looked at him for a few seconds then looked away. It was awkward. He never looked at me that way before. I drank a glass full of beer.

Jungkook suddenly stood up and grabbed my wrist. He dragged me outside of the bar with no one noticing.

We stood outside for several seconds and he’s not talking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter