Little Angel

LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seven years had passed and the premature baby had grown into a beautiful child, she was named Sarang, the name her mother had prepared long time ago before she was born. Sarang lived with her grandparents who loved her very much. However, a question always arises in her heart, a question of an innocent little girl who just want honesty.

"Why daddy never see me, grandma? Doesn’t he miss me?" And her grandmother looked at her with pain, then looked away.

 

"Your daddy is a very busy person, dear. He often travels abroad and rarely go home, later, if he has spare time, he'll see you."

 

 

 

Guilt arose in the grandmother’s heart whenever she lied to Sarang with false hopes, but Sarang was still too small to face the fact that her own father really hate her and blamed her for her mother's death. Mrs. Nam reassuranced that what she was doing now was to save Sarang from getting hurt.

Sarang stared at a photo of her parents in a small heart-shaped frames, picture frames that she always carried everywhere because she had never felt having real parents. Mothers who she knew was the one she saw through photographs and stories of memories from her grandparents.

While her father, Sarang even had only very little memory of him, figure of a cold man who didn’t want to see her and a short visit from her father who was so rigid, didn’t help to create memories about her father in her memory, even her birthday went by without a brithday greeting from her father, Sarang didn’t know that her birthday was the most painful day to Woohyun.

It was the day which his beloved wife forcibly taken away from his side. Sarang didn’t understand at all about it, she was just a child, with children's thinking, who only wanted to be loved by her parents. And in a week, Sarang would celebrate her seventh birthday, like previous her dreams that never come true, she just wanted her father to come on her birthday.

 

"Grandma, will daddy come on my birthday next week?" Sarang knew her question disturbed her grandmother, because her grandmother's facial expression changed instantly sad but she couldn’t help but ask. Mrs. Nam taking her eyes from the book she was reading and gently caressed Sarang’s hair.

 

"I will talk to your dad, I hope he could make a time."

Gush of happiness sparkling in Sarang‘s eyes made Mrs. Nam’s heart sank, because she knew, that sparkling eyes would disappear as soon as she was let down as in previous years, and oddly it never made Sarang stop hoping. Each year Sarang still wait for her father’s presence on her birthday, with the innocence of children who didn’t understand why her father didn’t want her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

"I beg you, just this once, please attend Sarang’s birthday party. She really miss you and keep asking you all the time." Mrs. Nam stared Woohyun with full request.

 

Today she took time to visit Woohyun in his office, that’s the only way to see her only son now, because Woohyun was rarely at home, he always out of town for business affairs. As if her son couldn’t stand being in same city with Sarang. And if Woohyun was home, then surely he didn’t want to visit his parents’ home.

Seven years had passed, but Woohyun avoid Sarang as if she’s a contagious smallpox virus and it was very depressing. Isn’t Sarang his biological child? His only child, result of his and Jieun’s love? During this time Mrs. Nam just stay quite when she saw how Woohyun treat Sarang, hoping Woohyun’s father instincts would grow over time, but her hopes never materialized.

Instead, his son was in fact more and more away from his own daughter. Woohyun sitting behind his desk and looked at his mother opposite him coldly.

 

"I thought I've been sending money to celebrate her birthday rapidly every year? Isn’t that enough for her?" Mrs. Nam noted that Woohyun even avoid to mention his daughter’s name and it was very depressing.

 

"She wants her father's presence, Woohyun. She is mature enough to think why her father never met her. Do you think I’m not sad when she asks questions about you?"

 

 

 

 

 

Woohyun’s jaw hardened, he didn’t like to be pressured, he didn’t like talking about Sarang. He wanted to stay like this circumstances in which he and Sarang as separate individuals, didn’t need a relationship at all. Oh, it’s not like he didn’t want to know, curiosity once drove him do something that lead him to regret.

Once he drove silently and parked his car in one of unseen corner in front of Sarang’s school and then he saw that little girl. Unfortunately, Jieun and Sarang just looked like a twin, all of thing which exist in Sarang reminded him to Jieun and it hurt him so much.

That afternoon Woohyun went home, got drunk, felt his heart was destroyed for the umpteenth time. Then he vowed to himself, he would not let himself be tempted to see Sarang again, his heart already broken enough, he won’t let the same pain hit him again. Woohyun hate Sarang, that child shouldn’t have been born. If only Woohyun knew that pregnancy would kill Jieun, Woohyun would never let Jieun to get pregnant. He better live without children than losing Jieun.

 

 

"Don’t make me mon. Please don’t push me, I can’t." Woohyun’s voice sounded cold and he pretended to concern with works on his computer screen.

 

"Woohyun, you can’t act like this forever. Sarang is your real daughter, you are her father. You can deny everything but blood line is something that can not be denied, I just want you to be aware of this, please throw all your hatred and love Sarang like how a father should love his daughter, you can’t continue to blame Sarang for Jieun’s death. Jieun’s death is a destiny from God that you can’t stop or deny."

 

“I'll do whatever I want. Moreover, didn’t I give enough money for that kid’s school fees and needs? And it already exceeds my tolerance limit, I can’t do more as you expect, mom."

 

"Woohyun!" Mrs. Nam’s voice rising respond her son stubbornness. " Sarang really loves you, remember that. Eventhough your attitude towards her always so cruel, she loves you so much... she—“

 

“Mom..." Woohyun’s voice and expression looked so tortured until Mrs. Nam stop her words. "Please don’t make me, I can’t... Looking at that kid is hurting me so much." The pain in Woohyun’s voice sounded his heart that already torn and destroyed so inevitably Mrs. Nam felt so touched. Jieun’s death had been seven years and his son was still heartbroken.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I’m sorry, Woohyun. I love you both that’s why I’m doing this. I just want you both to be happy."

 

"Then let the situation remains like this.” Woohyun muttered with a pleading voice at once.

That night Woohyun packed, he busy himself to go for a business trip to Japan for two weeks. Away from that girl and her birthday, the days where that kid killed Jieun, his wife.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So daddy will not come?"

Sadness in Sarang’s childish voice slicing Mrs. Nam’s heart, she her granddaughter's hair, as she got older, Sarang became more and more resemble with Jieun. Perhaps that’s why Woohyun couldn’t stand to see her, but Sarang was a different person from Jieun. She was more cheerful and more agile, her smile was like the sun that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter