To be happy

Mianhae, Saranghae.

“Jimin,” She turns around, showing me the beautiful dress that synching to her. “How do I look?” She smiled at me, and posed a little.

 

Should I be honest with her? telling her that she’s pretty and all?

 

“Do you think he will like this?”.

 

On a second thought, I should not. “Well, I’m not Jungkook, so I can't say a word, ” I smiled back at her, and leans on the chair. “Jungkook this, jungkook that, jungkook everywhere!” I squints my eyes, not wanting to see a full version of her. It’ll hurt my eyes.

 

She sits next to me, and look into my eyes.

“Oppa, you should fall in love! You have no idea how fun it is!”

 

Easy for you to say.

 

My dear, don't talk about such thing, cause the truth is, you have no idea how ‘fun’ it is.

 

“Bla-bla-blabla, I can't hear you” Plugging my ears with my hands is so childish, yet, it works on her.  “Come on, If you still want me to drive you there, we better go now”   I get up, and offering a hand to her. 

 

“Alright!” She holds my hands, and walk with me. 

 

Cool, 

 

By the end of the night, all of this will ends .

 

……………………….

 

I just graduated last year, and today is the senior’s prom. The last event before their graduation. This girl next to me, I’ve known her since.. Two years ago? In high school. Our encounter is kinda em…. You may want to know a bit of it, cause it changed my life;

 


 

 

“GO Jimin! Park Jimin! Jimin, jimin, jimin!” Hoseok waits for his friend to finish the last bowl of today’s ramen. “Park jimin daebak!!!!” he pats his back, telling him to not throws up.

 

“Aih! Why do I even agree with this in the first place!” Jimin put his face on the table, looking at three empty bowls that he just finished. “Okay, give me the 30,000 won” He reaches his hands out.

 

Hoseok looking at the Handycam, and watching the video that he just took, “Mokbang! We should do a mokbang!” 

 

Jimin just sighing hopelessly. “Let me guess, you forgot to bring your wallet?”. Hoseok nods in agrees. “Damn you hyung,” Jimin get a hold on himself, and look for a money in his bag. But then, his hands stop and grab for another thing, which was his phone.

 

“Aish, Park Jimin is so popular” Hoseok took a glance on the phone that full of notifications. “Out of seven of us, I bet you’re going to be the first one to have a girlfriend”

 

Jimin keep looking at his phone and read some messages, “No, Its going to be Jin. That old guy needs to get married” He keeps on scrolling, noticing that some messages are just Taehyung snap chatting him. 

 

“Old? He’s only 20!” Hoseok is offended, knowing that he’s only a year younger than Jin. “You kid, you and Taehyung need to be a smart dork like Namjoon!”

 

“Comparing grades to namjoon is invalid. Is like you ask a cow to lay an egg” Jimin makes a point. “Eh, Hyung, Namjoon hung told me that Jungkook—“ A bright smile appears, “JUNGKOOK IS GOING TO BE MY HOOBAE!!” By instinct, he hugs the nearest thing around him, which happen to be Hoseok’s arm, “Aish!! I’m so proud of my boy!!! He finally decided to make a smart move, and transferred school!!”

 

 

 

“Ex— excuse me, may I, may I clean this table?”  A waiter come up, making Jimin to go back to normal.

 

“AH, sure, sure,” Hoseok helping her with the bowl.

 

The waiter just smiled at them, and then go back with a tray full of bowls. “She must be a part timer, she looks so nervous” Jimin mumbles.

 

“Yup,” Hoseok agrees, as they both still can't take their eyes off her, walking away. “She’s what, 15?”

 

“I dont know, but she’s pretty” Jimin look for a money in his pocket, “Hyung I—“

 

“Pretty, huh?” Hoseok already set his eyes on Jimin’s. “I thought you’re very picky about girls” He grins.

 

“No, I’m not! Who said so??” 

 

“Everyone?”

 

“Wait, why?? I did nothing wrong!” Jimin frowns,

 

“Well, who said that you did something wrong?” He suddenly gets up, “ I need to go first, got to catch up to the last class” He waved his dongsaeng good bye, “Go talk to girl who made your eyes flinches earlier”

 

“Ya!! You’re just going to leave me alone?!” Jimin refused to let him go, “Hyung!”

 

But Hoseok is already walking away, “Jungkook is coming, maybe you can ask for tips from him?” He gets out of the door, and leave Jimin alone.

 

 

_______________

 

 

 

“Hyung, where is she??” Jungkook looks around, right after he comes in and sit next to Jimin.

 

“She? Who is she?” Jimin pause the game and put his phone away.

 

“The girl! The only girl who interested Park Jimin!” he still looks around.

 

“Hey, don't forget to add Hyung at the end,” Jimin leans to Jungkook, “Theres no—“

 

“It's not her, right?” Jungkook Pushed Jimin away, and directed his eyes to the girl who passed by.

 

Jimin take a look on the girl. “Eh?” Its the waiter that he saw earlier, but she’s wearing a school uniform, the same one as his. “Wait, she goes to the same school as—“

 

“Us,” Jungkook rest his eyes, “Hyung, I think I’m in love”

 

 


 

 

“Oppa, it stuck!” She wakes me up from  my spacing out, “How to unbuckle this thing?”.

 

I spread my arm so that it can open her seatbelt, “Your dress slips here! Wait,” I try to get her out of it, “Ah! Finally!”

 

“Yey! Thank you!” She offers me a handshake.

 

“What is this for?” She still weird as always, what a charm.

 

“For being the best oppa-- a brother, a girl could ask for” She talks with her eyes too, The sincerity of her.

 

“So that's how you see me, a brother?” I asked again.

 

She nods, “The best one”

 

 

And this is why I could never hate her. “Okay, But brother wants a hug, can—“

 

She isn't letting me finish it, and tuck herself in me, choking my neck with her powerful hugs, “Oppa Thank you for everything,”

 


 

 

“Hyung, I don't understand this part” Taehyung gave his book to Namjoon. “How to—“

 

“It's 56.97” Namjoon took a glance at it, and then go back to his own book, “You have to times the first syllable before you—“

 

“I give up, just write me down all of the answers please!” Taehyung gave him a piece of paper and pencil.

 

“Alright, but you have to clean out the bathroom” Namjoon put his book down and start to write on the paper, “And the dishes too, and the—“

 

“Fine! I’ll just have to share it with Jimin!” 

 

“Why me?” Jimin who just arrived at the library is lost in their conversation.

 

“Because you’re going to use this too, right?” Taheyung grins at him

 

It took a couple of second for him to understand it, “Oh.. ya… well… actually, I don't need that” He scratches his back.

 

Namjoon drop the pencil, “What?”

 

Taehyung put his hand on Jimin’s forehead. “You okay?”

 

“I’m not…” Jimin rest his head on the chair. “Cause—”

 

 

 

“Excuse me, sunbae,”  A girl, with her hands full of  books stoop in front of him. “Can I talk to you about—“

 

“Oh sure, lets find another table” Jimin walks away from his two friends with her.

 

 

 

 

“Hyung!” Jungkook runs in and stand in front of Jimin, “Ah! It's you!” He notices the girl that stands behind of his hyung, and greets her, “Hi!” 

 

The girl smiled at Jungkook, for a second before she hides her face behind her books. 

 

“If you’re looking for Taehyung and Namjoon, they’re right there”  Jimin pointed in a direction.

 

Jungkook got the idea, “Oh, I see, thanks Hyung!”

 

Before Jimin got to continue his walk, Jungkook grab his shoulder, and whispers, “Please brag about me” He chuckles.

 

Jimin backs away and glares at Jungkook, “Ew, no” He continue walking, As the girl followed him from behind.

 

________________

 

“Ooh my god! I totally forgot about it!!” taehyung snap his head, “Wheres Jungkook—“

 

“I’m here!” Jungkook pulled a chair and sit next to his hyungs. “Thank god I’m the golden maknae” He place some book on the table.

 

“What is this?” Namjoon is the only one who doesn't know a thing.

 

“Right, You probably didn't know. There's this ‘special’ project for those who gets into trouble or so, they paired us up to make a project that will reflect our doing. It's in a group of two and the partners are random, can be from any class. That's why I paired up with Jungkook…” Taehyung opens one of the book and try to understand it.

 

Namjoon start working on the paper again, “Okay…., what kind of trouble did you guys into?”

 

“Taehyung hyung spotted eating during a class period, and I use my earphone during classes so….” Jungkook shrugged.

 

“As expected from you guys,” Namjoon finally finish writing down all of the answers, “But how about Jimin?” 

 

“He uses his phone for takes the notes, the teacher is not amused” Taehyung answered, “Oh Jungkook, maybe we can—“

 

The oldest still had one last question in mind, “And how about that girl? She doesn't look like a trouble”

 

 

 

“She’s not, she just caught up in a bad luck,” Jungkook put down his smile, “It was my fault, She just tried to remind me but then teacher missed interpreted it as talking in the class…”

 

Taehyung gave him a warm hug, “Jungkook, I thought you like her” He’s teasing him for a little.

 

Jungkook get rid of taehyung’s hand, and start to work, “please don't talk about it” He mumbles.

 

“Ah, I see, I see” Namjoon rub his eyes, “I thought Jimin was flirting with her—“

 

“No, he wasn’t” Jungkook try to make himself busy. “Jimin Hyung is not that kind of guy”

 

 

__________________

 

“Why are you blushing?”  Jimin looked at the girl who was off guard, and showing her red burning face. “Is not because of me, right?”

 

She looked at him in surprised.

 

“Hahahahahahaha, I was just kidding! Your face is so funny!” Jimin is the only one who laughs in there. “Sorry, sorry, You like Jungkook, right?”

 

The face just got even redder, and she made a smart move to hide it away. “Sun— sunbae, we need to—“

 

“Do you want me to help?” Jimin look in her eyes, “I’m being generous right now” He smirks.

 

The girl tries not to listen, “He can't sleep thinking about you getting into detention because of him”, But the words that came out of Jimin mouths is too tempting.

 

“Really?” She mutters.

 

“Yes!” Jimin showed her pictures of Jungkook sleeping, and she starts to laugh. “You don't look cool when you hide your face, its giving Jungkook a hard time to look for it”.

 

“You— you talk like you know a lot of things about him” She gets one of the books and reads, again, hiding her face.

 

“I do, do you want to know his ideal type? his favourite food? his favourite drinks? his favourite tv shows? his what? I’ve got all of the answers” He crossed his arms, “You’re so lucky to have me”

 

“Haahahah, sunbae you’re so—“

 

“Its either you call me oppa or Jimin. I don't like to be called sunbae” Jimin gets up, “Wait, I need to go to the toilet”

 

“Okay…, oppa…”

 

 

 

 

The truth is, He just needs some fresh air,

“Why did I do that?”

 

 


 

“Have a good night,” I whispered to her.

 

“Wait, Oppa, you’re not coming?” She let go off me, “But—“

 

“I’m going to meet up with Yoongi and Jin first, I’ll come back later” I smiled at her, As I brushed her hair. “Dont make Jungkook wait, he hates it”

 

“Okay…”

 


 

“WHAT?!” Everyone gathers in the living room, and stares at the Maknae. “Transferred?! Again?! Why?!”

 

“Because I have no choice,” Jungkook can only tell them the truth, “So, for Two yea—“

 

“Two years?!” Jimin jumps out of his seat.

 

Namjoon try to calm him down, "Jimin--"

 

“Yeah, but I’ll be back on my third year or so…” Jungkook tries to explain.

 

But Park jimin is not in the mood for excuses, “Do you even care about her?” He snapped out.

 

“Hey, Jimin..” Yoongi tries to console, “Dont—“

 

 

 

“I do, That's why—” Jungkook stumbled upon his words, “Since you’re the closest one to her, can you please take care of her? just until

 

“Sure,” Jimin changed his face all of a sudden, grinning. “Anything for Jungkook”

 

 


 

 

“Hey!” Jin waved his hand to me, as I stop and  get out of the car. Next to him, Theres Yoongi leaning on the bridge’s railing.

 

“Yo!” I  walked up to them, “Give me one of those” I need a something to set me free, for a moment.

 

“Since you’re legal,” Jin grab a can of beer from a plastic bag and give it to me. “I’ll be sober, go enjoy yourself”

 

I sit on the ground, open the can and took a sip. 

 

Yoongi looked down, and asked, “You alright?”. Seriously, do you have to ask? “Guess not”

 

“What did jungkook prepared for her?” I closed my eyes, and letting the breeze to brush me off, “he prepared something special, didn't he? roses? cakes? chocolate?”

 

“Just to answer your curiosity, He asked my help to bake something for her” Jin answered.

 

I knew it, he’ll go for something like that. “Ah, that kid, he’s driving me crazy,”

 

 


 

 

 

 

“Maknae! dont hurt yourself!” Jimin put on a plaster to Jungkook’s bleeding knees. 

 

“Ma— maknae?” Jungkook look at the guy who just ran at him, right after he saw him falling from the bicycle.

 

“Yes! You’ve met my friends earlier, right? You like them, right?” Jimin is full of excitement,

 

Jungkook nods at the questions.

 

“Good! Because they like you too! They say that you can be a bangtan now!” Jimin gives Jungkook a hug, “And with this we can always be together!”

 

“But I don't want it” Jungkook mutters, making Jimin letting him go.

 

“W— why?” He doesn't get the little kid in front of him,

 

The five years old Jungkook, stares at Jimin who seems like he wants to cry, “Because Hyung, I want it to be forever”.

 

“YA! Jungkook! Don't tease me!!” The frowns transform into a smile, a bright smile of Little Jimin who just found a new way and reason to smile, “Kookie! i’m coming at you!” he put his arm around Jungkook’s waist and start to tickle, 

 

“AHahahahahhaahah! Hyung!! Don't! Stop!!” 

 

“No, You asked for forever, so be it!!”

 

 

 

_________________

 

“Look at him, he’s now a heart breaker” Jin throw his self at Jungkook, “Kookie, Kookie, you’re growing up!” 

 

“I’m still less than your chest, Hyung” Jungkook sighed.

 

“You already become more handsome than me!” Taehyung pretend to shed a tear, “You’re just a fetus, go back to your old form!”   

 

“No, we have to embrace this young boy handsomeness~” Hoseok steals him away from Jin, “By standing next to him, we can steal his handsomeness!”

 

Jimin butts in, “No no no! Jeon Jungkook is the only one who’s allowed to be handsome!” He grab the maknae, and keep pinching on his cheek. “Jungkook is perfection!”

 

“Ahahaha, hyung, no its you!”

 

 

 

___________________

 

 

“How’s high school??” Jungkook who just got back from school jumps into the sofa and joining Jimin who was dozing off.

 

“Eh, Jungkook? You stink” He goes back to sleep.

 

“I had soccer, of course I stink,” He throw himself to Jimin, “How’s your first day Highschool hyung?? Was it fun?!”

 

“Go take a shower,” Jimin gets up and push him away, “When you’re in high school, you should pay more attention about appearance” 

 

Jungkook sit and listens, “Oh, alright, alright, what else should I do??”

 

“Why are you so interested? It's basically like junior high school but—“

 

“But you can find love in there, right?” Jungkook’s face is all red, “Ah, Never mind”

 

 

 

Jimin paused a second, “Jung— jungkook…”

 

Jungkook gets up, “I’m going to take a shower,” He took of his shirt and throw it  on the floor while he keep on walking.

 

“It— It doesn't have to be in high school” Jimin continues, Making Jungkook stops.

 

“It doesn’t? How do you know?”

 

Jimin throw him a towel that he found next to him, “It's hard to explain, but maknae, when you’re in love you just know it”

 

Jungkook catch the towel, “I don't get it hyung” And cover his face.

 

“That’s fine, kookie you’re still young” Jimin was smiling there, but no ones see it.

 

“Well then,” Jungkook get rid of the towel from his face, “Would you like to help me with it?”

 

 

The smile is gone, but a feeling explodes, “Of course, Anything for Jungkook”

 

_______________________

 

 

“Hyung, I think I’m in love” The eyes can't lie, So does Jungkook. For the first time, this is a new face of him. “Is this what they called love at the first sight?”

 

“Lo— love at the first sight?” Jimin repeats. 

 

“yes, Hyung, my heart just skips a beat, and— and— Aaaah! She’s so pretty!” Jungkook can't hide his smile. “And you know, suddenly I feel like I want to talk to her I want to know her, I want to—“ The blushes won't stop him from expressing himself. “Hyung, tell me, have a girl makes you go crazy like this??”

 

“A girl?” Jimin is the reverse of Jungkook, unlike the usual. “No, why?”

 

“Ahahahah, So I guess, I won this time,”He sticks his tongue out, “I fell in love first before you hyung!”

 

Jimin spread his arm, and pulled jungkook for a hug “Jungkook, you still have no idea,”  He whispered, “What love is actually about”

 

“Then teach me,” Jungkook move aside, and look at Jimin. “Would you?”

 

“Just watch me”

 

_____________________

 

“What are you doing here?” Jimin who just found himself a place to sit gets up right after he saw “Jungkook?" Come in.

 

“I— I listened to music during lessons” He tucks his hand on his blazer and sulks, “That class was boring as ”

 

“Hey, what's wrong?!” For Jungkook to curse, it must be something serious. “Talk to me,” Jimin hates to see jungkook like this. 

 

Jungkook just ignored him and choose to sit on the back, away from Jimin. “Jung—“ He tries to follow him, but then he bumps into someone, 

 

 

 

“So— sorry”  She stops, “I’m sorry”

 

“No, it's okay, It was my fault for not looking” Jimin told her to look up, “Eh, you? What are you doing here?” He realizes that he knows her.

 

But she just smiled at him, and sit on the empty desk next to Jimin’s. 

 

Jimin is still wondering, how can she ended up in this place, but the fact that Jungkook is not in a good mood is more important to him, “Jungkook you okay?” He goes to his desk.

 

“It was because of me, Hyung…” Jungkook look away. 

 

“What, why?.

 

Then Jungkook told the rest of the story, about why he felt like a , how he regrets it and how guilty he is to make the person he loves got into trouble. “Well, then—“ And before Jimin got to say his opinions about it, The teacher come in and told everyone to get back to their seat.

 

Jimin rush to his desk, and pretending to be focused when actually, he’s still worried for Jungkook. “Excuse me, are you Jungkook’s friend?” , He looks to the side and found the girl was trying to talk to him.

 

“Oh, yes, why?”

 

She looked down and hide her face. “Tell him that it's okay, I don't mind, and I’m sorry too” She mutters.

 

 

“Alright, sure” Jimin can only smile at her, try his best to not let his feeling of truth came out.

 

 


 

 

“Park Jimin,” Jin and Yoongi sit with me, “hey—“

 

“I just try to be the good guy,” I gets up and walk away from them. "

 

 

 

You know what? I put aside my ego, helping her—

Not because I like it, but because I have to.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Jimin curled up under his blanket, the time difference is not an excuse for him to ignore Jungkook.

 

My Kookie: Hyung, how is she at school?? Did she miss me? ^^

 

Jimin: She doesn't :p

 

My Kookie: :( 

 

Jimin : Kookiee! Don't be sad >_< I’m just kidding! She talked about you! A lot! 

 

 

My Kookie : I really wish that we could switch places, hyung !

 

Jimin: No, trust me, you’ll regret it.

 

But it's enough, it's time for him to rest and  fall away to his dreams, where everything is better than the reality that he sunk his self into.

 

 

 

 

___________________

 

 

 

“Oppa!” She appears out of nowhere.

 

“Aah! You scared me!” Jimin who was waiting for her in front of the school got surprised by her, “If you have a time to fool around with me, then I supposes you’re ready for your exams?”

 

“Hahahaha, College Oppa Park Jimin is as wise as an old guy!” She nudges, “Oppa, I can't believe that you still come and see me, you must be busy”

 

Jimin can only clucks at it, “I’m Jungkook’s servant. If he told me to take care of you then, what can I do?” He shrugs. “Bear with me until next month”

 

“Oh, right, he said that he’s going back before graduation…”  She sighed in relief, “I can't wait”

 

“Yeah, Me too” 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

I let my self lost in the dark.

 

If she’s happy, Jungkook is happy, if jungkook is happy, then I’m happy

 

Well, that is what my self wants to believe.

 

 

 

And my phone is ringing, guess it must be him,

 

 

My Kookie: Hyung, I’m so happy.

 

as expected, 

 

My kookie: Hyung, she’s so pretty today…

 

Jimin : Do you like her dress? I know you like those kind of colours ^^

 

I know you too well, Jungkook.

 

My Kookie : I must admit, Jimin Hyung is the best xD

 

he even sent me a picture of them together, they're not shy anymore, I can see a future for them. what a considerate brat.

 

Hahahaha, But I can only laugh at it. Jungkook, Glad to see that smile again.

 

My Kookie: Hyung I finally get it, what is love is actually about,

My Kookie : basically its just a feeling of not wanting your loved ones getting hurt or sad, that you want to be with them, and… em… what else…

 

Jungkook, please, stop.

 

My Kookie : And the most important thing is that you want them to be happy! am i right??

 

Dear,

 

Jimin : You’re damn right. do you enjoy the feeling? :)

 

My Kookie : Yes Yes!

My Kookie : I wish I could share it with you T,T

 

 

 

Jeon Jungkook, You did, and thank you.

 

My Kookie: Hyung! 

My Kookie: Hyung! Hyung!

My Kookie: Jimin Hyung!!!

My Kookie: Hyung??


If only I could win over her, then I would throw myself in a fair battle.

If only theres a chance for him to hear me, then I would sing it to him.

But theres no fair battle or chance, theres only a journey, of a boy and a girl who falls in love. I'm, I'm just another boy, who happened to be unlucky enough to be written in this story.