Visiting Pets

The Turtle Might Bite

I'm sorry for the late update (again), and it ended up being shorter than what I wanted it to be, but I still hope you guys enjoy it :-))))))))

In the early hours of dawn, an unnecessarily loud and annoying ringing sound woke Wonsik up from his slumber. Like a bear woken prematurely from hibernation, the male was ready to tear off someone’s head and eat it. In reality, he was dead tired, so he barely had the abilities to grab his phone and turn it off, but in his state he managed to hit the answer button to the incoming call.

Good morning, babe!”

“Nrhg…”

I’m coming over today, either you want me to or not.”

“Mhhhh…”

I also expect you to introduce me to Hongbin.”

“Hn…”

Great, see you in a couple of hours honey buns!” The voice stopped talking, and the only thing that could be heard through the phone was a quiet buzzing. It took a couple of minutes until Wonsik’s brain woke up and registered the exchange that had just happened, and he almost threw his phone down on the floor while jumping out of bed when he realized who he had been talking to.

“HOLY CRAP JAEHWAN IS COMING OVER!”

He heard a ‘splash’ coming from the living room, which meant his outburst had scared N who had most likely been trying to climb out of his tank, and made the turtle fall down into the water again. Either that, or Leo had been taking a drink, and he had scared him instead. Wonsik ran out of his room to see which theory was right, because if Leo was dunked in water, he would rather die than not catch a glimpse of it.

The doorbell rang. It was the 20th time it did so the last five minutes, and Wonsik ignored it for the 20th time. He would keep the human (if that even was his true form) Lee Jaehwan out of his apartment for as long as he could, no matter the cost.

That’s when the singing started.

“HE’S MY BEST FRIEND BEST OF ALL BEST FRIENDS”

Oh no. It was Jaehwan’s voice.

“DO YOU HAVE A BEST FRIEND, TOO?”

Wonsik might cry out of embarrassment, wondering why he had been given this fate. The high pitched, obnoxiously loud singing continued, and Wonsik felt like jumping into a pool of cockroaches and tarantulas, never to resurface. He opted to run out to his balcony instead.

“IT TINKLES IN MY TUMMY, HE’S SO YUMMY YUMMY-“

“SHUT UP, I’LL OPEN THE DOOR, JUST SHUT UP!

“Thank you, honey~!“ Jaehwan blew a kiss up at him, and Wonsik sighed as he went to press the button for his friend, wondering why he was carrying a big bag with him.

Wonsik was unaware of the person a couple of balconies away, who choked on his coffee while watching the exchange. Who was the stranger downstairs who called Wonsik honey, of all gross nicknames? Hongbin was tempted to throw the rest of the still hot coffee inside his mug down on the (Hongbin hated to admit it) handsome, waiting male’s head.

It had been five minutes since Wonsik had let Jaehwan into his building, giving him his apartment number so his dumb friend knew which door to enter, and also in hopes he wouldn’t bother the kind, old lady living next door. While holding on to the marginal chance that the elevator got stuck with Jaehwan in it, and no one would fix it until tomorrow morning, three knocks landed on Wonsik’s door. He sighed, all hope escaping him, as he walked to the entrance of his home.

As Wonsik sidestepped while opening the door (Jaehwan usually jumped at him first thing whenever they saw each other), he did not expect a long, deep red piece of fabric to be rolled out next to him, and he was certainly not prepared for what came next. Some tacky song started playing, and through his doorway strutted Jaehwan, in the weirdest get up Wonsik had ever seen the other in.

Clad in a suit, an enormous faux fur coat, a shock purple hat with a long peacock feather attached to it, and a cane in hand, Jaehwan started walking down the temporary red carpet. He was waving, blowing kisses, and shouting “thank you!” at random times, and Wonsik wanted to strangle his friend by shoving the cane down his throat.

“What the actual are you doing?” Jaehwan stopped in his tracks, striking a pose.

“I simply felt the need to make a wonderful entrance at the grand opening of your home, darling.” His friend was a man of many voices, this time the diva one was speaking. “Jazz up the place a little with my presence, you know.”

“Okay…” The fur coat wearing individual needed some help, maybe Wonsik would set him up with a shrink. “What’s up with the… the…” Wonsik made some gestures, mostly towards Jaehwan’s hideous shoes that he had just noticed (golden sneakers with purple feathers adorning them, matching the hat). “…the clothes.”

“Well, you know how I planned on being Slenderman for Halloween?”

Bless, he’s talking with his normal, annoying friend voice again. Wonsik nodded.

“I went to the thrift store after ordering my morphsuit, because I came up with the greatest idea…” Jaehwan did a twirl, the huge rug he was wearing flowing like a princess dress around him. Once he stopped, he looked Wonsik dead in the eyes. “Pimp Slenderman.”

“You’re a disgrace to the Creepypasta community.”

“Reddit is welcoming me with open arms.”

After Jaehwan had changed out of his attire into something that weren’t too frowned upon by society, the two settled down on the floor of Wonsik’s kitchen. There were more comfortable places to sit in the small apartment, but Jaehwan was convinced he had heard a ghost in the fridge, and Wonsik knew better than to question his friend’s antics.

“I swear, I heard a whisper.”

“Of course you did.”

“No, I’m serious, what if a previous inhabitant was a murderer and sliced up their victims and kept them in the fridge?” Jaehwan scrunched his face up in disgust at the thought, before continuing his little rant. “What if they ate the bodies? Used it in a stew, or maybe some kind of cult ritual?!”

“Jaehwan, the chance of that actually being true is down in the zero percentage area.” Wonsik sighed, rolling his eyes at the older male. “After all, the landlord said-“

There was a bang from inside the fridge, and a scream pierced the air. Jaehwan gave Wonsik an unimpressed look, judging the pterodactyl sound that had left his mouth.

“I’ve told you countless of times to not to ignore the spirits! They have feelings, too.” While opening the fridge slowly, Jaehwan started making weird noises, as if to coax a possible spirit out of hiding. Instead of a paranormal being coming out, N rolled out and onto the floor, all covered in mayo. At least it explained the ghost theory, but-

“OH MY GOSH IT’S SO CUUUUUUTE!”

-Wonsik would rather have a rambling Jaehwan than a screaming one. Plus, he now had to clean up after the cooing male rolling the still mayo covered turtle around on the kitchen floor.

Jaehwan’s next victim was of course Leo, who wanted nothing to do with the human at all. No matter how much he went after Leo, Jaehwan just couldn’t seem to land a single pet on the animal’s body. The cat seemed to have some internal meter to measure level of annoying to living things, as it avoided Jaehwan and N as much as possible. When Leo vanished into the bedroom, Wonsik guessed he went and hid in the closet, shedding hair all over Wonsik’s clothes in spite, since his owner had brought someone into the house that he didn’t like at all.

Wonsik regretted giving Jaehwan something to drink. He really should’ve known better, should’ve been aware that something like this would happen. The other male had managed to spill his beverage all over Wonsik, after he tripped over thin air. Wonsik really considered investing in a Sippy cup for his friend. Rather than helping Wonsik clean up the mess on the floor, Jaehwan opted for laughing.

“You look like a redneck with that stain on your shirt.” Wonsik took off his shirt.

“Damn, your abs sure look good right now. Maybe if I bathe myself in soda, my skin would have the same shine as yours have at the moment.” Wonsik regretted taking off his shirt.

“Please, just get a towel from the kitchen for me.”

“Alright, sir!” Jaehwan saluted, and went to do what he had been asked to do. That’s when someone knocked on the door, and that was really weird, considering Wonsik never got any guests and Jaehwan hadn’t been too loud for any neighbors to come and complain. Making his way around the kitchen counter, cloth in hand, Jaehwan opened the door.

“Hey cupcake, you have a guest.” Jaehwan called out, and Wonsik thanked the older for stating the obvious. He could see Hongbin standing in the doorway from where he was seated on the living room carpet, the other’s eyes moving from glaring holes into Jaehwan’s skull to move over Wonsik’s form. Hongbin seemed ready to commit first degree murder, even with a lovely smile present on his face. That was not a good sign.

“Hello, Wonsik.” He had witnessed that terrifying grin be directed at someone else, but being the one it was meant for almost brought Wonsik to tears. “Or maybe you prefer cupcake. I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

“H-Hongbin, hey…” This was not good at all, and Jaehwan just had to sling out one of his pet names now of all times. Wonsik glanced down and realized he was still shirtless, and Jaehwan had been the one opening the door, and it just hit him how wrong the situation must’ve seemed. He started to stutter, trying to make a coherent sentence to explain that no, Jaehwan and Wonsik had not been in the middle of making out, but Jaehwan opened his mouth before him.

“Hongbin?” The addressed male turned his dangerous smile towards Jaehwan.

“Yes I’m Hongbin, sweetie.” Please kill Jaehwan, please kill Jaehwan-

“Oh. My. Flipperslip. You have no idea how much Wonsik talks, no spazzes, about you!” Jaehwan slung his arm around Hongbin’s shoulders, leading him into the apartment. “You can even measure it with hoe much a teenage girl cries over a boyband, the similarity is uncanny!”

Well, this situation seemed rather familiar, as in this conversation literally happened two days ago.

Hongbin sent a look to Wonsik that said ‘I know what you meant about your friends being just as weird as mine, please help me’, to which Wonsik replied with a facial expression that read ‘sorry, please just entertain him for a few minutes’.

“Oh, how rude of me!” Jaehwan brought his hand up to his mouth while gasping. The guy had a thing for dramatic effects. “I’m Jaehwan, Wonsik’s blood brother. We did that thing where you both cut your fingers and press the wounds against each other, I think we were thirteen. It was great.”

“Are you seeing someone, Jaehwan?” Hongbin asked as he sat down on the sofa, slithering out of the other male’s hold on him. He was relieved the weird man wasn’t Wonsik’s lover, or something. Looking back at his jealousy, it seemed kind of pointless, because Wonsik had been out on a date with Hongbin recently, not Jaehwan.

“No, why?”

“Thought so.”

“What is that supposed to mean!?” Hongbin’s pleased smirk spoke levels of how much he enjoyed the reaction, but it soon faded away once Jaehwan started rambling about the first thing that popped into his head.

“No but get this; Sonic X in a beauty pageant against Godzilla.”

Wonsik face palmed.

Despite the personality clash that first seemed to happen between Jaehwan and Hongbin, they hit it off pretty well, and Wonsik was a little worried. They had been talking and gossiping nonstop, like two old ladies who had lived a life time and both of them wanted share all their stories with each other.

At some point, even Leo decided to venture out from hiding to check out the new human who had intruded his living space. Jaehwan had went in for the kill, not giving up on trying to pet the feline, but the animal just jumped onto Hongbin’s lap in an attempt to escape. He seemed calm in the man’s lap, and it even looked like he was getting ready to take a nap, until his eyes widened all of a sudden.

Leo hissed, digging his claws into Hongbin’s thighs before darting away, yet again managing to tip N onto his back, as the turtle had been waddling on the floor where Leo had jumped down.

“…what just happened.” Hongbin asked as he nursed his thighs, which stung like someone had just rubbed lemon juice all over them. Wonsik had a theory to why the cat did what it did, and he leaned over to take a whiff of Hongbin. It earned him strange looks, but he proved his theory to be right.

“You smell like dog.”

“Oh.”

Today was great; I’m so coming over again soon.” Jaehwan sang through the speaker, clearly having enjoyed the day more than Wonsik.

“Please never come again.” Wonsik deadpanned, as he tried to scrub away the soda from his carpet. When Hongbin dropped by, the stain had been forgotten about completely. To be honest, he actually did have a fun day. Jaehwan always managed to make him have a good time, no matter how stupid the other’s methods were.

Aww, thanks for the invite, I’ll make sure to redeem it!

“That was not an invite.” Wonsik felt like he was rubbing a hole into his carpet, rather than cleaning it.

You know it was, reverse psychology.” Jaehwan chuckled, knowing he had won this match. It was quiet for a moment, Wonsik still vigorously trying to get out soda stains from the floor, before Jaehwan spoke again. “I’m happy for you, you know.

“Yeah?”

Yeah, how everything seems to go your way recently. You got your own place, you got two adorable roommates, and now your whole k-drama romance with your neighbor. It makes me smile.” Wonsik made a gagging noise.

“Oh God, Jaehwan, please cut down the sap.”

But why would I cut down the sap, when it has yet to become a beautiful tree?” He heard the older laugh through the phone, but the pun was so bad and not well thought out at all, that Wonsik actually felt bile rise up in his throat. “Ok yeah, I’m kind of disgusted by myself, too. I’m supposed to make your life horrible, not bearable.

“You should really find yourself a chick or a so you don’t have to spend all your lonely hours on me.” Wonsik high-fived himself when Jaehwan started making a gurgling sound on the other end.

I hate both you and dimple boy.” The line went silent, and for once, Jaehwan had hung up on Wonsik instead of it being the other way around.