What Do You Mean?

Strong Babies One Shot [ Open for request!]

"Who said love is sweet? We argued again, every second, every minute every damn hour. Don't wanna play."

Seung Hoon bobbed his head to the latest Epik High hit - We Argued Again. Showing he had no interest in class" as he sat himself behind the rows of attentive students. Emerging himself to a song of constant arguments by a couple. The song tops in Seung Hoon's song list as he had gotten into Hip Hop lately and the female vocal was so emotional that speaks to him, telling his body to jump off his seat and dance the inspiration out of this song.

And of course he didn't because he would likely be scolded by his teacher again for interrupting the presentation which is currently delivered by the teacher's most beloved and diligent class monitor. The girl does everything that contradicts to everything he does in class, not paying attention and chreographing dances in his mind all the time.

He barely understands his homework and this particular girl who likes to pick up fights with him. No one has a problem with him except for her. He could have lived his highschool life in peace if she was less of a nuisance. He was the class clown and she was the class monitor. Their roles pretty much explained their character. Sometimes Seung Hoon would want to cheer the class with little pranks while this girl would want to keep the class in order therefore they always ended up in arguments. These little petty things that she mind of.

 

"What's wrong having a little fun? You are so boring!"

 

"Who is going to clean up this mess after you have fun?"

 

"You, because I don't mind if the glitters scattered anyways."

 

"Lee Seung Hoon! You are so annoying! Why can't you just disappear from here?"

 

"You too. Why don't you just transfer to Seoul High if you are so smart. Ms-know-it-all."

 

"You! Mr-don't-know-at-all!"

 

However Seung Hoon have no time to think about trivial issues like this. He rather spend his precious time figuring of ways to enter YG entertainment as he believed that his future lies only in the hands of this company. From a friend he learnt that the audition is just around the corner and told him he should be prepared for it.

 

"Hmm, it's on 15th of September? Wait, it is on Friday. Friday which means it's a weekday."

 

Seung Hoon slammed his head hard against the computer table in response to the realization, causing his mother to jump in surprise. Even so he didn't bother to tell her what it was. The light across the tunnel of his dreams just faded once he thought of that particular person standing between it.

 

Kang Seul Gi.

 

Seung Hoon's hands fisted into a ball by the thought of her. That pair of little Asian eyes that will squint at his face and fire multiple questions at him. He recalled once Minho was being questioned for the whole 10 minutes by her for just being late for 5 minutes. Ever since no one ever dared come late to class. That's why the teacher entrusted her with the class affairs. Now, Seung Hoon couldn't help but think of the ways she will stop him for being absent for class without a sick leave or family issue.

 

Seung Hoon fell to his back and landed on his bed. His eyes glanced over to every poster in his room. The award winning artist staring back at him. It was always his dreams and he was finally prepared for the audition. Nothing should have been in his way. Or he should say, no one should have been in his way.

 

"Its too early to give up! That's right. If I can convince the despicable Kang Seul Gi to pass me. Mr YG is surely going to pass my audition as well!" Seung Hoon fisted in the air and exclaimed. Giving him the encouragement to confront the person he hated the most for the sake of his dreams.

 

The next day Seung Hoon woke up an hour earlier than usual, just to make sure his hair was not sticking out on every direction and his clothes were well worn. Usually merit marks would be given to him for his appearance. However today he told himself he is going to put up a good show. Just one day.

 

"I am a good good boy."

Seung Hoon danced to the song and gave himself a wink in the mirror before he headed out for his mission of the day.

 

Everyone in class was shocked to see him early in class as it was really a once in a blue moon thing. By the fresh and energetic looks Seung Hoon was giving to his classmates, most of them suspected he had a new love interest. Wondering who is the lucky girls that changed his attitude. However everyone was shocked and almost fell off their chairs when they saw Seung Hoon immediately greeted SeulGi in class and even held her chair for her.

 

Things became even bizarre when he decided to be seated in the front row of the class and next to her usual spot in History class. No one including the teacher could believe what was happening. Things didn't just stop there. Seung Hoon even breached his usual indifferent attitude by offering himself to fetch the books to the teachers office after class. 

 

"Tell me what is it you want, you have been acting weird today." The charismatic girl had finally spoken as she tighten her pony tail and fixed her spectacles. She was a smart girl, of course she would have been called blind by now if she have not notice Seung Hoon's abrupt change. Feeling uncomfortable with his presence, Seulgi quicken her pace and fixed her gaze to the corridor. Even so, it didn't stop Seung Hoon from following her closely.

 

"Hmm, what do you mean? I'm just being a good boy today. Dear class monitor."

"Being a good boy is not your nature. So what is it you want?" She answered cooly.

"Hmm, it's just.."

"I'm leaving for recess soon, so are you telling me or not?"

"Fine, you don't have to be so mean. I'm having an audition coming up soon, it's on a weekday so I don't really have a choice but to miss a few classes.."

"In one condition."

The girl pointed out her index finger against his face, sending Seung Hoon a big gulp down his throat. He thought she would laugh at his intention to be an artist. Rather she only raised a condition, he hope that she won't want him to be the way he was as today all year. It would be tiring and the most unwilling thing for him.

 

"Meet me at the multipurpose room after class."

 

Without another word, she her heels and headed to the opposite direction. Leaving the astounded boy with the most unexpected request. Seung Hoon was left alone in the corridor mid air hanging and without a second choice. But it was a slight relief for him at least.

 

"Phew, it wasn't as bad as I thought."

 

***********

 

Later that day after school, Seung Hoon waited at the dance room, praying that Kang Seul Gi will not invite a bunch of teachers to interrogate and disapprove his plans to join the auditions. His prayers answered when he saw the girl with the rectangular spectacles, who was balancing a stack of books against her chest walking towards him, alone.

 

"For once in your lifetime, you are late." He teased.

 

"No, you're just early, for once in your lifetime." The girl retorted as she fetched the keys and unlocked the room,allowing them both to enter.

 

"So what now?" Seung Hoon was clueless when he look at his reflection at the mirror, though he should had gotten the idea by now. The girl stated the obvious and sat at the long bench against the mirror.

 

"You're going for an audition right? How would I know if you were lying."

 

"You have gotta be kidding me Kang Seul Gi, I have never even dance infront of my mom." However he immediately shut his mouth when he saw  her stood on her feet, crossing her arms and stared back at him. She was a head shorter than him but way scarier for him to handle. Without wasting anymore time, Seung Hoon played the recent song from his smartphone and danced to the rhythm. His chreograph portraying the pain and dispute between the couple in the song. As expected, it was a soulful performance from Seung Hoon.

 

As the music stops, there were no words exchanged and none of them moved. Seung Hoon felt uncomfortable with the suspense and silence from her. He only wished she would say yes, and he is off to go from her sight. From the way she pursed her lips, it's hard to tell what is coming next.

 

"Satisfied?" He finally broke the silence.

 

"Your hands were too stiff, and you could have added more movements in the introduction, like this."

 

SeulGi jumped off her seat, positioned herself next to him and explained to him, as she hummed to the song and popped her hands to the rythm just the way Seung Hoon did earlier. He wasn't really concentrating to the comments. He was both surprised and amazed at the same time. The way she swayed her arms, contracting and relaxing muscles to cause a jerk in her body, tells Seung Hoon that she can dance too.

 

Finally, Seul Gi had to stop what she was doing to close his hanging jaws.

"I'm not one boring person only you know, and when is your audition?"

 

"One more month." Seung Hoon answered meekly, earning a sigh and her rolling her eyeballs at him.

 

"If only you were so eager of your exams Lee Seung Hoon."

 

"Since I've proven its real, are you going to help me or not?"

 

"Alright."

 

Seung Hoon's eyes raised and lips stretch wide upon the approval. Finally his hardwork had paid off and it was time to call for a celebration and a good meal. Once they turned the lights off in the room, silence began to creep admist them. Till then they both only realized for the whole evening they were the only two person together, and surprisingly they havent fought for the day. How unusual they both thought in unison.

 

"You know-" The both broke the silence with a jinx.

"You first."

"No, ladies first."

"Ah, alright, you know, you can use the room if you want to. I have the keys and since it's close to exams no one is really using it besides me."

"What do you do there?" 

"I dance to release stress and escape from reality even for awhile, anyways what was it you wanted to say." SeulGi felt her face heated upon her confession, it's her little secret and unbelievingly she told it to her foe. Blushing a little as she hugged her backpack and stared at him closely for the first time. She wanted to tell him that he was a decent dancer, however she shrugged off the compliment as she remembered the way he treated her before this day.

"It's late now, and you stayed late because of me. Let's go eat something and I'll send you home." Seung Hoon offered and felt a flip formed in his stomach by thinking how comfortable he was to ask her for a meal. Learning that she could dance have changed his perspective towards her, just slightly better he tried to convince himself.

"I thought you were always a jerk. I'm hungry anyways. Alright."

 

They both walked towards the school gate and Seung Hoon made a funny pose to . Showing her the clown side of him. "I really hope to see you dance one day, it must have been really ugly."

 

Playfully he ran before giving her the chance to reprimand him, SeulGi increased her pace and yelled back at him as they raced towards the restaurant.

 

"Yah, is this how you talk to the person that helped you?!" 

 

Finally as they both were tired. Seung Hoon stopped his pace and took over the books from her arms. The other free hand messed with her hair while he find her cute as she pouted. As he thanked her, he found himself mindlessly confessing, perhaps Kang Seul Gi wasn't such a bad person afterall.

 

 

 

 

 

*************

Author's note:

Hello, this story was requested by moccachinx.

I hope you like it! [2100 words. Phew!]

Sorry for the delay. I was trying to think of a suitable plot,

and I finally got an inspiration for the dance couple :)

SeungSeul x WinnerVelvet

yay!! *sings dumb dumb*

 

Send in your request, I don't bite! 

X