A new neighbor

Fanfic, In Action!
A NEW NEIGHBOR
chapter 1

It was the 25th of December, and I was wondering if I should still continue writing. Because to be really honest, my fanfics are the least or never to be considered as masterpieces. Yup, I'm tired. I'm sick of asking for reviews, but never improve at all. I'm too frustrated to write anything, even the word 'anything' itself. Actually I was planning a Christmas story these past few weeks. But I can't have anything done. I'm becoming a total nut. A perfect Christmas nut.

 

In fact my dry, short brown hair, matched with loose t-shirt and pajama fits very well with that title.

 

"Hyomi! Eat something and wash those plates after. I'm going to sleep already. Don't sleep late, okay?" Mom yelled as she walked upstairs.

"Yeah yeah." I lazily stuck my head under the coffee table, mouth stuffed with nachos and chin over magazines and papers.

"You're acting weird these days. Did you get a boyfriend and broke up with him?—"

"Mom!— ouch!" Wow, I'm an idiot to forget my head's under the table and yank it up! "You know I've never had a boyfriend!" I uttered, patting my head which is still underneath the coffee table.

"And now you're trying to break the table? Seriously Hyomi. Boys will only hurt you. Get a man."

"I knooow. I'm a writer. I'm not a fool to be hurt by some sort of guys." Yep, a frustrated writer.

"Whatever. Stop sulking there. Eat and go to sleep after. Don't forget the dishes." She commanded, as I have heard her footsteps against the wooden stairs.

 

Really, I should get a life.

 

And as I was about to pull my head, my eyes noticed this dusty notebook in between the pile of magazine and newspaper.

 

It was the notebook my grandma gave me when I was six.

 

Carefully, I drew it out and turned the pages. The pen, which came with this notebook was still here.

 

I've become an ancient, and it still seemed to be working.

 

I tried writing this plot that was in my mind for ages. Just to scratch off the arid atmosphere and test if the pen was still working. And then, the next events had me insane.

The morning breeze struck my face as I went cycling along the street, from the convenience store. And just as I was about to step in our old, shabby house, the empty space beside our house caught my attention.

 

"Mom, since when did our neighbor left?" I asked, referring to the family next to our household then took a seat on the couch and laid my feet on the coffee table.

"Huh, what? They left?" Mom's eyes dilated and obviously, she doesn't know anything about this either. "Since when?"

"Mom... that's my question."

"Ah, right." She rolled her eyes heavenwards. "Well I don't know. Why would they leave? Those people were really kind. I wonder why they would leave without bidding goodbye—"

"Hello?" A husky, masculine voice interrupted our conversation. The person behind sounds unfamiliar but whatever. He can't be some bad guy, right?

"Hyomi, go open the door." Mom said as she swept the floor.

"Eh, I'm tired." I rolled sideward. Yet upon hearing that I'm-gonna-hit-you-lazy- silence from mom that I've heard ever since she first asked me to do household chores, I knew I had to do as I'm told or else, I'm dead.

"Yeah yeah I'm standing up, right?"

"Good. You know me very well Hyomi." She went to the kitchen, mumbling 'Ah, seriously. Why aren't you as hard-working as your sister. Studying even during Christmas break.' Mom's mad, and I'm pretty sure of that. She's already old. Her face got wrinkles and the darkness of her hair is starting to fade. But I'm still being a sloth. I'm kind of, annoyed with myself too.

 

I sluggishly opened the door and there, I was blinded by the bright aura coming from the guy standing in front of me. Literally. And how on Earth did a bright light appear here? It was just like what I wrote...

 

"Hi, I'm Park Chanyeol and I'll be your neighbor from now on." He bowed. He's wearing white sando, black shorts and a pair black of slippers. His grayish hair is a bit messy, yet it went well with the black headphones resting on his neck. He's really handsome. However, there's this one funny thing; his baby face doesn't convey anything at all. I can't identify what his emotions are right now. Plus, that name. It reminds me of the character from my most recent fanfic, as well as that dialogue. And I never thought it actually sounds boring huh.

"H-hi? New neighbor? That's nice. Do you have any idea why our former neighbor left? They're good friends with our family and it was sad to know—"

 

Without a single expression on his face, he covered my mouth with his palm and stared so seriously that it's turning me into an ice, gradually. I can even feel it. Scary.

 

"You know, I don't care about what you're going to say. I just came here to introduce myself. I can't even remember where I came from. Bye." Just like that, with my mouth agape in shock, the new guy turned away and quickly made his way to the house next door.

 

I guess, things got really chaotic.



AUTHOR'S NOTES ~ First chapter! Quite short but I hope it's likeable haha.