Yoongi

I Need You
Yoongi 
Don't think about anything

Don't even speak

Please just smile for me

I still can't believe it

Everything feels like a dream

Don't try to disappear

 
There was something going on inside Yoongi. I couldn't quite figure it out, but there was something making him blank out and lose focus often. He slipped into that state often, whenever we're all sitting with each other, he'll blank out.

I just want to know what's going on inside his head. I just want to help.

But I couldn't draw attention to him like this. We were all sitting around a fire, a few of us drinking Soju quietly. There was a soft chatter, but most of us were just silently enjoying the ambience the fire brought. We all seemed to be spacing out, but Yoongi still seemed troubled. He didn't even notice Jungkook lie down on his lap, he just stared vacantly at the crackling fire as he played with his lighter.

Who knows what that boy has been through in the time he spent alone. It almost seemed like whatever happened in the past was haunting him now.

I could see the others exchanging snacks, occasionally prodding at the fire as everyone's eyes grew heavier. I guess everyone has been through hell and back, and now was the time to relax.

Trying to distract myself, I reached into my pocket. I could feel a Polaroid in there, so I pulled it out to have a look. Just a simple horizon shot on the beach.

"We... Shall we go here?"

Hoseok nodded with a smile as he looked over my shoulder at the photo, and showing the photo to the rest of the gang, they all agreed to go too. I put the photo back into my pocket, and sunk back into the old couch I was sitting on. My eyes closed slowly, thinking of heading over to the seaside together. I felt Hoseok lean into my shoulder, and felt my tiredness catching up with me.

There was something warm being draped across Hoseok and I, barely managing to open my already puffed eyes I could see Namjoon carefully tucking a blanket around us. "Oh, hyung. I didn't mean to wake you..."

"No, it's ok..."

"Sleep well, the rest of us are nodding off now too."

"What about you?"

"I'm gonna have a quick smoke and then hit the hay. Just go back to sleep."

"Alright. Night Joonie."

"Sleep well hyung."

It seemed like I had just closed my eyes when I could hear a soft 'hyung' and a tap on my shoulder. Trying not to stir Hoseok, I sat up and tried to open my eyes. Jungkook was staring at me worriedly, but patiently waited for me to wake up. "Hyung, it's Yoongi. He woke up from a nightmare I think, he said he was going to walk it off but he hasn't come back."

"Which way did he go?"

He pointed me in the right direction, and helped lower Hoseok onto the couch as I left. Walking around in the dark was proving difficult, I could barely see anything, but eventually I saw a light flicking on and off in the distance. As I got closer I could see him, huddled up in a corner and just staring into the distance as he flicked his lighter on and off again.

Carefully sitting next to him, I could see his lighter turn off and stay off, a heavy sigh escaping his lips as I felt his head dip. We just sat in silence for a while, huddled up closely, shoulder to shoulder.

"Yoongi... What's going on?"

He didn't reply at first, I was about to repeat myself when I heard a choked sniffle from him. I wrapped my arm around him and he leaned his head into my chest, trying to calm his sobs. "Yoongi, why are you upset?"

"Hyung... I miss you..." His voice was barely audible, but I heard it. I began to pat his back comfortingly, hoping he was just a bit shaken up from a nightmare. "I'm right here Yoongi. You can tell me everything."

"But hyung, you're not here. You need to wake up. We all need you... I need you..."

"Yoongi, I don't understand."

He sat up and held my shoulders as he looked me in the eye. "Jin, wake up. You might be able to hear me but you're not able to listen. You need to wake up."

Tears began to form in my eyes, I couldn't understand what he was saying, or what he meant. He began to get desperate, shaking me as his voice got louder and he was shouting that I needed to wake up. It was getting louder and louder, his shaking becoming violent, rocking my head back and forth.

 

My eyes opened as I rolled my head forward, seeing the fire still going in front of us. Hoseok stirred a little with my movement, and Jungkook looked up from Yoongi's lap. "Hyung, you ok?"

"I don't know..."

"Just go back to sleep. You'll needit for our trip to the seaside tomorrow, right?"

"Right..."

I looked over to Yoongi, he had stopped clicking his lighter, just letting the flame burn right above his finger. Jungkook blew it out, interrupting his trance, and I watched as Jungkook told him to go to sleep before nodding off myself once more.

After all, we had to go down to the seaside, right?

 
 
 
author's notes
Sorry it's been so freaking long since I udated. Life stuff happened, and then Bangtan came out with even more stuff! I hope you guys are still enjoying this :)