Chapter 4

Whom my Heart Belongs

After taking a fine dinner, Yul asked Yoong to go back in their house as the latter’s father has something to talk to him.

"Are you going to come back tonight oppa?" Krystal asked Yoong.

"No, I don’t think I can go back tonight." Yoong replied and unlocked the car.

"Okay but come back tomorrow okay?"

"Aigoo, I'll be back tomorrow my babykrys so don't miss your Yoongie so much..." Yoong pinch Krystal cheek.

 

It took almost 2 hours before Yoong got to the Choi's residence and as soon as Sunny sighted Yoong’s car, she greeted her son and gave him a tight hug.

"Omma you're going to break your handsome son's bones." Yoong commented as his mom was squeezing him too much.

"But I miss my baby so much. It’s your fault for not visiting us lately." Sunny pouted.

Yoong giggled at his mother’s act.

"Let's get inside. Your father is waiting." Sunny wrap her arms at her son.

 

Sooyoung’s mind was focused on the presentation that he was reviewing on his laptop when Sunny and Yoong entered the study room.

"Hon..." Sunny didn't continue to call his husband's attention when Yoong hushed her mom to keep quiet.

Sunny only smiled and quietly went out of the room and closed it.

Sooyoung was still focused in his computer and didn't notice his son.

'haha... looked at this old man. If someone had trespassed in his house he won't even notice it.'

Yoong sneaked quietly. He keeps his footsteps light and carefully avoided contact with the furniture. He held his palm in front of the mounted air condition before he successfully sneaked at his father's back.

He carefully held both his cold hand near his father's exposed neck and moved his head towards his father's ears.

"What aaare yoouuu still doing this late..." Yoong whispered at his father’s ear and touched his cold hands on Sooyoung's neck.

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" Sooyoung shrieked instantly. His heart felt like it had jump out of his chest. Goosebumps formed in his whole body and his felt painful as he fell from his chair.

"Appa...anyeong!" Yoong grinned wickedly.

"YOONG!!!!!" The poor father howled.

"Ooops!" Yoong immediately run for his life as he felt the air filled with bloodlust.

Sooyoung struggled to get up on his knees. He swore that he would literally kill his choding son when he sees him again.

"Uh, who’s that?" Sunny hurriedly went to the study room when she heard a scream. She can't help but laughed when saw her husband caressing his . She was actually happy that her family was this lively. Though her childish son had gone too far with his pranks, in her heart she hopes that her son will always stay as cheerful as he is now.

Seohyun was busy reading her biology textbook when she heard a loud scream. She closed her book and went outside her bedroom to see if what is happening.

She heard a loud and heavy footsteps as someone was hurriedly running upstairs. "Huhh... That…was… scary" Yoong was panting when he reached the second floor of their house.

Seohyun approached his twin brother when she saw him. She held her hand her up holding her thick biology book and smash it at Yoong's back.

"Ouch! What the?" Yoong yelled.

"Uhuh? What did you do again?" Seohyun glared.

"Aish, what are talking about Hyunnie." Yoong held his back.

"You pranked appa again, did you?" Seohyun hit Yoong with her book again.

"Yah! stop hitting me!"

"What? Is there a reason not to hit you?"

"What the? Yah! I'm your oppa, I'm older than you so you can't just hit anytime you want."

"So what? Your behavior is like 10 years younger than me. And don't forget what happened at the cafeteria. You're name has not been cleared to me yet so you need to explain it or else I'm going to tell appa and omma of what had happened so they would punish you. I'll ask to cut off you're allowance."

Yoong shivered at his twins’ threat. His twin is his worst enemy he could ever have because she knows his weaknesses.

"Can you let me pass on this one sis. You already hit me twice. That should be enough punishment already. Ah… my back, I think my spine has been dislocated. Aigoo.." Yoong urgently locked himself in his room before Seohyun could have a chance to hit him again.

 

A delightful smell of food never failed to easily reach Yoong’ sense of smell. His stomach grumbled and his body automatically gets up and went down in their dining room.

The dining table had already been filled up with breakfast. Sunny especially made it and she was so eager to finish it early.

"Good Morning! Woah... I'm so hungry" Yoong exclaimed and urgently got a fork to get some pancake. But before he could even put it in his mouth, he felt a pain hit his head.

As soon as Sooyoung noticed his son's frame he hurriedly pressed his knuckles on Yoong head.

"Awww....Appa it hurts!" Yoong retorted. He knows if who had hit him even without looking back since he is already expecting someone to take revenge on him.

"Serves you right!" Seohyun muttered as she saw his father hit his twin and proceed to pull a chair and sit.

"hmm... thank you for the food omma." She smiled at Sunny who is still wearing an apron.

"You’re welcome baby." She smiled at her daughter and turned his attention to his childish husband. "Come on honey stop hurting Yoong"

"Why am I getting abused here with my own family. I think I need to undergo CTs scan." He pouted. His back is still aching a little bit and his appa even added to his agony. The three other Choi laughed at Yoong.

"Neh, its Saturday today and you have no classes why don't you come with me and go shopping." Sunny suggested.

"Seohyun can accompany you hon. Yoong and I have something to talk about."

"Yuh right." Sunny agreed.

After they had their breakfast, Seohyun got herself ready. Her mother told her that they will first visit at her mother's office so she chooses to wear something more formal.

 

Sooyoung asked Yoong to go with him at his study room after his wife and daughter bid goodbye.

He sits at the sofa and Yoong did the same at the opposite side.

"So, how are you doing son?" Sooyoung asked.

"Umm...Of course I'm doing well Appa." Yoong replied.

"hmm... that's good to hear." Sooyoung paused for a moment.

"Yoong-ah, you're Uncle Siwon will be going here and take over the company after your graduation." Sooyoung stated.

"He asked me to manage our company at Korea when he visited last week and I agreed to it." He added.

"What for? Why can't he just manage the company at Korea?" Yoong asked.

"Siwon hyung wants to get your cousin Sulli a treatment here in America. And no one will be managing the company in Korea if they get here." Sooyoung answered.

Yoong knows about his cousin's condition and knowing his father. He can't question his decision if their family is involved.

"We will be going back to Korea after your graduation. I hope that you will understand my decision Yoong." Sooyoung sadly asked.

"Did Uncle Yul and Auntie Jess know about this?" Yoong asked.

"Yes, I already talk about it to them. They will try to explain it to Krystal as well." Sooyoung answered.

'Can I just stay Appa?' Yoong silently asked in his mind. But he can't manage to say it. He felt like his heart was weighing something so heavy. Yes, why can he just stay anyway?

"Krystal and I will be apart. How can I just leave her.?"

"But you need to come with us. Remember that you will be the next one to take over our company. It's something that you need to do for you and Krystal’s future." Sooyoung comforted his son.

 

Yoong went to his room after a long conversation with his father. He throws himself at the soft bed and kept his eyes shut.

'What am I going to say to Krystal?’ Tears slowly flowed down from his closed eyes. He just kept his eyes shut and made his mind blank. He doesn't want to think about anything or feel anything.

 

After a few minutes, he decided to get back to the Kwon’s residence because he was worried about Krystal.

"Welcome back Mr. Yoong." A maid greeted him.

“Is uncle Yul still home?" He asked.

"Both Sir Yul and Miss Jessica had already went to their respective office Mr. Yoong." the maid informed.

"How about Krystal? Where is she?" Yoong asked.

The maid told him that she's in her room so he urgently drags his feet upstairs until he was in front of Krystal’s room.

Before he could open the door at his wife’s room, he noticed that the door of his room was slightly open. He wondered why so he peak at the door and saw Krystal lying in his bed.

He silently went inside his bedroom and carefully closed the door as not to disturb the sleeping beauty.

"Keopta..." he whispered while tracing his point finger at the perfectly shaped nose of his sleeping wife.

Krystal felt tickly at the touch and her eyes slowly opened and a smile crept on his lips as she saw a pair of doe like eyes.

"Hi babykrys." Yoong tucked Krystal's hair at the back of her ears.

"Why are you sleeping while wearing a dress?" Yoong asked.

"Huh?” Krystal checks what she was wearing and remembered. “Uh... I want to go somewhere and I fell as sleep while waiting for you." Krystal fixed her dress.

"Aish... my dress is ruined." She muttered.

"So where do you want to go?" Yoong asked.

"I should get it changed." Krystal ignored Yoong and pulled her feet down the bed to get up but Yoong pulled her back.

"Baby, you don't need to. Even if you only wear a rug, you will still look perfect" Yoong grinned.

"…and I will still proudly hold your hand while walking at the street and say..." Yoong held Krystal’s hand and stand on his feet.

"…this helpless girl is lost!... If anyone knows her please let me know so you can take her to –— AAWWW!" Krystal pinched Yoong’s waist hard.

"Yah oppa! I'll just go on my on my own if don't want to be with me. I don't need a stupid husband like you." Krystal glared and started to walk outside the room

"Come on, I'm just kidding. I'll treat you to wherever you want." Yoong held her right hand.

"Oppa..." Krystal stopped her pace.

"uhuh? "

"Uhm...Will you do me a favor?" Krystal asked with a serious tone.

"What is it baby?" Yoong asked worriedly.

"Oppa, don't leave me. You can't leave okay?" Krystal looked intently at Yoong’s eyes but the latter doesn't know what to say.

"Don't go back to Korea. Just stay here with me please. Can you do that for me? for us?" Krystal added.

"Baby Krys..." Yoong softly cupped her wife’s face that’s b with tears.

If only he can do that.

 

***

One year has passed. After Yoong and Seohyun’s graduation, the Choi’s moved back to Korea.

It was a bit cold so Yoong decided to look for a scarf at his twin’s closet. Seohyun already went first at SM University. She had no plan of getting late at their first day of class and she wants to be familiarized with university’s facilities.

Yoong was feeling cold that’s why he’s too lazy to get up. But Seohyun dragged him to the bathroom and splashed him cold water before she went at the university.

He was shivering while walking at the hallway of the university. He stopped walking and read his sister’s message on his iPhone. It was their class schedule and room assignment.

He was half way on checking the message when a girl touched his arms.

“Uhm…excuse me. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to peak at what you’re reading on your phone. But, I think we had the same first subject and room assignment.” The girl stated.

“Oh, is that so? Then you know where it is?” Yoong’s mood brightened.

“Aniyo, I don’t know where is it that’s why I decided to talk to you so I can tag along.” The girl replied.

“We’ll just ask the other students then. Though I think we’re already 15 minutes late.” Yoong checked his watch.

“I wanted to at least get on time for the first day. That manager oppa was like a turtle at driving. I’ve tried hard to finish the shooting of the drama but I still got late.” The girl muttered. “My effort was wasted”

‘Oh shooting…drama…? So this girl is an actress. She’s pretty and cute no wonder she’s an actress. Hmmm… so there are students like her in this school.’ Yoong thought.

“Let’s just hurry. Anyway, I’m Yoong Choi, I mean Choi Yoong. Just call me Yoong.” Yoong smiled

“I’m Jin Se Yeon, You can call me Se Yeon. Nice to meet you.” Se Yeon bowed and flashed a sweet smile.

‘So her name is Jin Se Yeon.’ Yoong thought and take note to ask his cousin about her later.

‘You won’t get bored at our University Yoong. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.’ Yoong remembered his cousin’s words.

Guess he’s right.