The 'persistent' Stalker

How I Met Your Papa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[v]

'You were crying.'

 

[16 years ago.]

Sehun could never take Chanyeol seriously. The latter was too goofy for his own good. He laughed at the silliest things and his face would turn completely red. He walked awkwardly and tripped over almost everything. He would always stare at Sehun with his mouth half-open. It was flattering, really. And a little strange at the same time, because Sehun had never received that kind of attention from anyone. But he couldn't help but think that Chanyeol was utterly adorable, in his own weird way.

With a small smile plastered on his face, Sehun monotonously nodded at his customer as he took the order. His shift in the bakery was going be over soon. He felt exhausted. He barely got any sleep the night before because he had to work on a paper and it took him forever because he could barely concentrate.

Chanyeol, as usual, was seated on one of the tables at the corner. He was playing a game on his phone he was currently addicted to, but he would look up to glance at Sehun occasionally.

Initially, whenever Chanyeol, his stalker, would persistently follow him, he would always maintain a distance. And try to act cool so that Sehun wouldn't notice. But he was never a good stalker. "If you are gonna follow me around, might as well walk beside me," Sehun had said when he was walking back to his dorms and Chanyeol was just casually following him. The taller seemed flustered at first but he nodded. And they started walking side-by-side. And that is when they officially became friends.

A small sigh escaped Sehun's lip as his Boss came and said he was done for the day. "Take your boyfriend with you," his Boss had said, referring to Chanyeol and Sehun had laughed at the thought of him dating Chanyeol. Not that he was against it. It was just funny imagining Chanyeol as a 'lover'. "You know he is just a friend," Sehun corrected his Boss who replied with a, "sure, keep telling yourself that."

Chanyeol got up from his seat, grabbing Sehun's backpack and handing it to him with the dorkiest grin on his face, his dimple evident on one of his cheeks. 

"You don't have to wait for me all the time, you know." Sehun said.

Chanyeol laughed. "Oh, I want to. Gives me mental peace."

Sehun raised his eyebrows. "Why?"

Chanyeol shrugged, walking out of the Bakery with Sehun. "Knowing what you are up to all the time gives me mental peace."

Sehun pretended to make a face and chuckled. "Wow, Park Chanyeol. Can you be any weirder?"

Chanyeol grinned. "Only if you want me to."

Sehun simply chuckled and shook his head in response.

Chanyeol suddenly stopped walking. Sehun glanced back at him, only to notice Chanyeol was fidgeting, his hands stuffed inside his pants pocket. It was something he did whenever he was nervous, Sehun had observed. And he was nervous almost all the time.

"I-I need to ask you something." Chanyeol spoke.

Sehun smiled. "Go ahead, big guy."

Chanyeol looked like he was trying hard to find the perfect words to say. "Um. You know the thing they do. When, well, two people like each other?"

Sehun's eyes widened. "What?" He muttered. Was Chanyeol referring to what Sehun thought he was referring to?

"Um. You know. To get to know each-other." Chanyeol said.

Sehun sighed in relief. Chanyeol was talking about a date, of course. He had Sehun thinking about something else, for a second, but that was not the case.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Sehun asked.

"Yes," Chanyeol beamed. "You understand me so well. We are meant to be." He looked oddly satisfied with himself.

"A date with the Sappiest guy in town. Who would say no that?" Sehun joked.

Chanyeol was also the kind of guy who didn't mind being made fun of. Or being laughed at. He would just laugh along with you. Or playfully add a comment to make the joke better. Sehun had only known Chanyeol for a month but he had never seen him getting angry, pissed or even complain about anything.

Chanyeol flashed Sehun the toothiest grin ever. "Okay!"

"Tell me the day and date, because--"

"So," Chanyeol interupted him. "You have your Political Science test on Thursday. So you probably have to study on Wednesday and get some sleep after the test. And now you have joined swimming classes, you won't be free on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Your mom is coming to visit you on Friday so you are going to have dinner with her. Which leaves us with Saturday and Sunday evening. You have classes again on Monday, of course, so how does Saturday evening sound to you? Dinner date?" He said like it was the most normal thing to say. Like they were discussing about the weather.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at Chanyeol who seemed to be grinning sheepishly. "How did you--?"

"Oh. I took at look at your planner. When you were working."

Sehun playfully punched Chanyeol's arm but quickly grabbed it when the Taller boy almost lost his balance and toppled. "That is invasion of privacy!" Sehun complained. "You could have just asked me. I would have told you myself."

Chanyeol frowned. "But I don't like to bother you with little things."

Sehun sighed. He looked up at Chanyeol who seemed like a lost puppy. It felt like he was scolding a little kid for running aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter