Final.

I'm OK

You sit down on your chair. Alone. With your earphone plugged in. You actually love to sit in the front row but your homeroom teacher said, the smart students should give their friends a chance to learn more. And then here you go, in the middle row. Surrounded by those people who try to be diligent in front row of yours, and those noisemakers behind you.

You are neither the smartest in your class, nor the worst. You are only an ordinary girl with an above average skill to catch and learn new things.

To get that reward, of course you have already put some efforts on it. Along with your best friends, you manage your time well to do something useful. Chae Young  Soo and Lee Rachel, your two best friends in your school, looking at you while blinking. You just gave them a thin smile. It doesn’t mean that you have no other friends except them. You do have it. But only come and go friends that need your help sometimes. You actually have a little bit lack of sociability. So that’s why you love to sit alone and listen to your favorite music.

Back then. Don’t you feel like a loner? When the lesson starts, you only focus on your lesson, taking some notes, or chit chatting with your deskmate about the lesson that she doesn’t know how to solve it. When the break comes, you rarely go outside from your class if your only best friends didn’t ask you to do so. And you would end up with letting yourself alone in your chair.

Some people might don’t like you, and don’t ever want to try to communicate with you. They prefer talk to Haera, the queen of the class. She has the most perfect life. Start from her beautiful and sweet face, and then her level of ability, and her only boyfriend.

Wait. Boyfriend? You are chuckling yourself. Full of pain, if other people can clearly see it. Young Soo and Rachel already had their crushes. Requited love, perhaps? They are as serious as you but they still have times for giggling and blushing over their crushes.

You are not that bad. But you like to consider yourself as a squid. You hide your feelings well, so that people can’t read it bluntly. You actually have a crush on a person that you know closely.

And that person is now walking by your class door, with great smile that can make your heart beats faster.

He is right in front of your sight now. You shyly take a glance for him while fixed up your hair. Once again, he smiled in a better way, and staring.

To someone behind you. To a girl who gets her face blushing right now. To his whole world. Haera.

 

**

You feel shocked when someone showing a grin and blinking cutely in front of you. Feeling annoyed, you are throwing a punch to hit his left arm.

“Ya Jeon Jungkook!”

The one who showed his face before just grinning wider while rubbing his arm.

“Did you just hit me?”

“If you think so”

He chuckles.

His curled up lips enters your vision. It makes you forget that you are planning to send him a death glare.

Oh god. You sighed while facing your phone back.

“You really need to learn how to hit, Keira. I feel like someone just throws a slight pinch on my left arm” He continues chuckled.

“Say what you want, Kookie” You mumbled.

“Huh? What did you say?”

You take a deep breath then let it out hardly.

“If you keep bothering me, I will literally hit your head with this thick board.” You tilt your head up while sending him a glare. Just a normal one.

“I think you didn’t say something that long. Did you…”

“JEON JUNGKOOK!” you finally yell to cut his talkative side before it is turning on.

He just chuckles again and walk pass by your chair. He is flirting with some of my classmates while joking with the boys. You shake your head in disbelief.

 

**

You keep looking at your clock. Waiting for your favorite music show. Minutes pass by and suddenly the TV turned off. You almost let your scream out but then you covering your mouth with your right palm. You slowly walk out from your room and have no idea why the electricity isn’t working as well. You are walking pass by your kitchen when suddenly you feel there’s someone around you.

“Who is that….” you nervously asking. Your voice is shaking.

You reach the nearest sofa on your living room and grab a pillow. The room is dark. Lucky you that rain doesn’t come down and the skies are clear with the moon shine beautifully so that your room beamed by the moonlight.

Based on your curtain, you see a shadow behind you. It’s pretty sure that the shadow isn’t yours, since it keeps getting close and closer to you. You can’t stay anymore. You are planning to grab a long stick behind the shelves and hit the owner of that shadow but someone is covering your mouth from the back and close your eyes with a napkin.

You are fighting the one who trapping you back, but there is no use. That person just too strong for you. Finally the other person are pushing you to the sofa, and grab a pillow to cover your face.

You can’t breath. Those two persons are laughing like evils while looking at you, kicking nothing but only air. After all, you feel that you can’t do anything more, your kicking in the air is turning slow, then suddenly all of the lamps are .

“CUT!!” A loud voice came out from someone.

You throw the pillow away from your face. You take a deep breath while wiping your face from the sweats with the corner of your sleeves.

“Woah Keira! You are so good at acting! Why don’t you take a theatrical class huh?”

Chae Young Soo offers a pack of tissue to you then sits beside you. Lee Rachel also comes with a glass of water.

“As expected! My lovely childhood best friend is the best at acting.”

You take the glass and make a thank you sign by your mouth.

“You know that I’m not good enough for theatrical class, Young Soo-ya. Beside that, since when you give your compliment to me?”

She is grinning innocently while giving you a sign to look at the tall man in an all black outfit near the kitchen. You take a look at him. He is giving his smile to Young Soo. A quarter seconds after that, you are rolling your eyes.

Geez. She did it on purpose, of course. To catch attention from Donghyuk, her crush. You are sighing slowly. You are about to drink when someone suddenly pats your back,

“Yo, Keira! It’s going to be a great short thriller video ever!”

And causing a deep cough, puddle on the floor, also the worst thing. You are dropping the glass, and the glass flakes scratch your feet’s skin.

“Oops…” he shocked.

“Keira ya! Are you okay?” Rachel who sit beside you, approaching you and got shocked too.

Your right foot is bleeding. Young Soo, and everyone in that room got panicked. Even the guy who brought you into this accident got the same way too.

“Ya Jungkook! What are you doing to her? Where is your mind? Ya Jeon Jungkook you hurt her! Oh oh.. she is bleeding. Omo. Keira is your feet okay? Uh what am I doing. Ya you guys what are you doing? Why do you stay there and do nothing? Ah, what should I take first? Keira where is the….”

“Young Soo-ah, stop it. Your talkative mouth is useless in this time. You should take some band aids or whatever, or wiping her blood like Rachel did.” A boy in denim outfit muttering while taking a playful glance to Rachel. Feeling called by someone, Rachel turned her head and giving a shy smile to him.

“Lee Taeyong you crazy punk! How can you take a cheesy opportunity in a narrowness?” Young Soo yelling at him. This situation kinda feels like a war environment with everybody throwing their argument uselessly. The one thing you regret is, your best friend playfully teasing each other crush and did nothing to you.

You are stopping Rachel hand from wiping your blood and weakly sit up to move to your bathroom. The room’s atmosphere suddenly changes. No one throwing their argument, only looking at you, and your right foot, left a blood mark every time you stepping the floor.

“Keira, are you really okay? Your feet don’t look well and the blood keep dripping from there..” Once again, Rachel is approaching you and checking your condition. You give a thin smile to her.

You keep walking to your bathroom when someone is calling your name.

“Keira, stop. Stay there.” He softly talks to you.

You stop your move and turn your head into his direction. He slowly walks toward you while bringing some band aids.

“Guys, you better get some fresh air outside. Can you?” Jungkook’s voice sounds like a command rather than suggestion.

Young Soo is about to badmouth him when Rachel immediately covering with her palm and drag her outside. Donghyuk and Taeyong staring each other confusedly then follow the girls outside. Rachel gave a slight awkward smile to Jungkook before completely closing the door.

Jungkook let a deep sigh out from his nose. He gave you a pathetic stare that you want to avoid. You turn your face while trying to cover the red blushes on your cheeks.

“Can you sit down on that chair?”

You aren’t answering him.

“Or should I give you a piggyback there?”

For a couple of seconds you are giggling, then still without answering him you walk toward the chair and sit down. He approaches you and get down on his knees in front of you.

“Jungkook ah, what are you…”

“Stay still, Keira-ya.” He slowly rubs your feet to clean the blood. Later, you take his role to clean the blood yourself. You feel uncomfortable with this kind of situation.

Blood keep dripping from your feet. He stops your hand and take a bottle of iodine. He starts wiping a cotton with some drops of iodine to your feet. Without you realize, you are enjoying yourself to see his face from your position. You only can see his eyes that look down, his expression that concentrate so much while trying to stop your bleeding. You are raising your left hand, about to rub his hair then suddenly he looks up to you. His eyes meet yours. He slightly gives you a smile then sit up.

“Want to see our video together?” He asks. You nod in happily. Then he is going back to living room to bring the camera. Not until a minute, he comes back with a camera in his hand and takes a seat beside you.

“Which part that you want to see first?”

“Can we see it all?”

He chuckles. Still busy with looking for the video files, you are grinning like idiot. A second later, he starts to show you the video. Both of you are watching together. Your position is so close, with his head is about to land on your cheek. You can’t help but blushing. It seems like you are enjoying your time with him. You laugh together, and you love how to see his curled up lips. When you are not laughing, you only enjoying his expression.

“This video will be the best assignment ever! I bet it with all of my cuteness!”

You are laughing.

“Keira-ya did you know? You have this charming aura when it comes to act.”

“Hm? I don’t think so. Stop being hyperbole.”

“We are not even in a class, why did you bring that lesson”

“Seriously, why should I do that? You don’t even like that lesson.”

“Seriously but, didn’t you get what I have said before?”

“Which one?”

He pinches my cheek.

“About your charming aura. Didn’t you feel it? You are smart, cute, kind-hearted, also good at acting. Seriously, how many boys that will come to…”

“No one would, Jungkook-ah..”

You nervously cut him off because your heart is pounding while hearing his sentence.

“Cause they haven’t seen it before! Come on, just enroll yourself to that acting class!”

“I have said that before that I oppose that.”

But still, his sentence pissed you off.

“See? This way! How can my best friend get her boyfriend then? You need to show yourself up, seriously!”

When you have opened your mouth, ready to answer him, his voice cuts you.

“Just tell me, what kind of boy that will flutter your heart? That will make your heart pounding like crazy whenever you see him?”

You stay quiet.

“Or maybe you have met him?”

Bingo.

You got it, Jeon Jungkook. With your kind of expression, Jungkook already knew what is inside your mind now.

“Ha! I know right! Why don’t you tell me? Who is he? Should I beat him first so he can recognize your existence?”

You slightly chuckle. Your mouth is going to give him an answer but, suddenly a phone call cut you. Take a slight glance to his phone, you see a name that make your heart pounding. Jungkook grab his phone while answering the call.

“Hey, Hera-ya..” He answers it happily. Smiling shyly like a five years old boy.

You are watching him from distance. It has been five minutes he is on the phone with her. And your vision doesn’t change at all since five minutes ago. Focusing your eyes to him. A second minutes pass and he is looking at you in a middle of talking on his phone. His expression becomes confused. A minute later, he ends his phone and walks toward you.

“Keira-ya..”

You are crying. He has no idea about it. He is checking your body, then get down on his knees again.

“Is it that pain?”

You are slowly nodding.

“Am I really hurt you?”

You are not answering but have stopped crying.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Why can’t you be honest to me that you are in pain because of me?”

Shocked by his statement, you look at him. He releases a sigh.

“You should have told me before, so that I know about this.”

“What do you mean?” Feeling confused, you slowly ask him.

“This.” He removes the band aid that sticks on your wound.

“Aw! That’s hurt!” You poke his arm.

“Nah, you should tell it earlier that I’ve placed it wrongly. The tacky side is sticking on your wound, and you keep bleeding.”

You are sighing. Of course, he wouldn’t know that, Keira-ya. You are looking down the floor while he is trying to fix the band aid position on your feet.

“Jungkook-ah…”

Once he finishes his work on your feet, he looks up to you.

“What?”

“Thank you..”

He laughs. You are going confused.

“Since when you are feeling grateful toward me? Ya, did those glass flakes scratch your head too? Let me check it!” He is ruffling your hair messily.

“Ya ya stop it! Aish you mess my hair. Geez.”

You are smiling.

“Anyway thank you. I just want to say that for now. You have a plan with Haera, don’t you?”

He is checking his phone.

“Ah you are right! I need to go quickly!” He rushes to living room to take his jacket. Before he is going out, he is taking step back to your direction.

“I’m still curious about the boy who stole your heart. You have to tell me later ok?”

You are pushing his body onto the door.

“Go ahead, Haera is waiting for you!”

“Make sure to tell me! If you are not, I won’t consider you as my best friend anymore!” He yells to you while running quickly to the door.

“See you Keira!”

He left you without realizing nothing. About everything that he doesn’t know. About unrequited love that you keep it hides from him. Still, you are okay with that.

“See you, Jungkook…”

 

 

**

Jaaaa~ thankyou for reading this story hehe. Actually I'm very glad about BTS's comeback with "I Need U" don't know why but they've become more romantic but still manly.

This cute buddy gave you a V-sign ^^