Chapter 1

Rainy Day (JaeHee) - Oneshot ~[COMPLETED]
The sky grew uncharacteristically darker, and a distant rumble of thunder echoed in the skies, the Rain God’s warning to the storm that was about to come.

The drizzle was light.

Jaejoong increased his pace slightly, with Yeonhee at his side, footsteps pattering along hurriedly in an effort to catch up with Jaejoong’s longer strides.

Raindrops were sprinkled lightly on Jaejoong’s straight blonde hair, and several drops glistened on his high cheekbones. In that gloomy afternoon shower, Jaejoong seemed to glow prettily, like a quiet light in the dim, lifeless street.

Yeonhee couldn’t stop herself from stealing glances. Who could? Jaejoong was undoubtedly a beautiful men, but in Yeonhee’s eyes he was the epitome of perfection. It wasn’t only about his appearance. Jaejoong might exude a laidback, perhaps slightly aloof attitude, and a cool appearance, but Yeonhee had always felt that glow from within him. The glow she always wished she could be a part of.

It seemed that on the few occasions Yeonhee was alone with Jaejoong, it would always rain. Yeonhee could only forlornly wonder if that were an omen of worse to come, or an indication from heaven - of hopelessness and the forbidden.

It was forbidden, a love that could not be ignited, a love that would always be caught in the storm; a flame so small and weak it could easily perish under a raindrop; a cry that could not fight the lolling thunder and laughter of the gales.

They were silent. So silent it hurt, chilling Yeonhee to the bone the same way the cold air did.

Why could they not talk?

Yeonhee often found herself unable to speak normally or voice her thoughts when the two of them were alone together, and Jaejoong… well, Jaejoong probably wasn’t interested to speak with her anyway, or he simply didn’t have much to say.

A loud clap of thunder announced the arrival of the fated storm, and the heavens opened up amidst multiple flashes of lightning to release a heavy torrent, sending their watery knights in a determined mission to cleanse the earth with all but signs of slowing down.

The rain came down hard and fast, and Jaejoong turned to grab Yeonhee’s elbow.

“We’ve got to run,” he said, his voice gentle but firm.

Yeonhee shook her arm free and shook her head silently.

“Yeonhee?” Jaejoong stopped in his tracks, surprised at Yeonhee’s uncharacteristic behaviour.

“You… go ahead,” Yeonhee spoke haltingly, her head still bowed, averting Jaejoong’s confused eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Jaejoong asked. “We can’t stay in this storm any longer – and we’ve got to meet the rest for dinner; Kang In just sent me a text telling me they’re all there and waiting for us already and-”

“-I…I just want to take a walk,” Yeonhee said, plastering a half-smile on her pale-looking face.

“A walk!?” Jaejoong blinked incredulously, then shielded his eyes from the rain with his hand. “Come on, Yeonhee, stop fooling around. We really need to get going!”

Yeonhee continued to stand there silently, and Jaejoong ran his hands through his hair in frustration. He looked around and spied a bus shelter a short distance away, and proceeded to dash towards it, dragging Yeonhee by the arm.

“Yeonhee, what’s going on?” Jaejoong spoke when they were finally out of the pour, albeit soaked right to the skin. Before either of them could say another word, though, Jaejoong’s cellphone rang.

“Hello? Kang In? I’m sorry, we got caught in the rain. It’s totally pouring!” He paused. “Mm. That’s fine. You guys go ahead, we’ll join you a little later. I think we should probably wait till it’s less heavy; right now we can barely see where we’re walking. Yep okay. See you.”

Jaejoong flicked his phone close and turned back to Yeonhee, raising an eyebrow questioningly. “You might as well tell me since we’re going to be stuck here for a while.”

Yeonhee shook her head again. She wanted to just plaster a smile on her face and apologize for her odd behaviour, to just laugh it off and pretend everything was okay when it wasn’t… but she just felt so tired, and too down to do anything.

“I’m sorry, Jaejoong-shii” she spoke softly, barely audible above the pouring rain and howling winds. “I’m just… not in the mood today. I want to cheer up and have fun with other trainees… but I just can’t. Not today. I-I don’t even know what I’m saying…”

“Hey, don’t worry about it,” Jaejoong said, taking a step closer and touching Yeonhee’s shoulder gently. His initial frustration gave way to genuine concern when he saw how upset Yeonhee really was. His friend had always been a bundle of positive energy with an infectious smile, but right now Jaejoong couldn’t even see a shadow of the happier Yeonhee. “If you aren’t in the mood, don’t force yourself.”

Yeonhee exhaled and stared out of the shelter at the seemingly never-ending downpour, her eyes glazed over. A single tear escaped from the corner of her eye.

Jaejoong let out a soft gasp. “Yeonhee!” He was rooted to the ground, unsure of what to do or say.

“Sorry,” Yeonhee mumbled, hastily brushing away the stray tear with the back of his hand. “Just…leave me alone.”

If it had been anyone but Yeonhee, Jaejoong might have considered, but he couldn’t and wouldn’t leave her precious trainee friend who meant so much to him.

“Yeonhee… tell me what’s wrong,” Jaejoong said, reaching for her shoulder again.

Yeonhee flinched under Jaejoong’s touch. “Don’t.” It was a whimper; a plea.

Jaejoong withdrew his touch, somewhat hurt. He didn’t know what or why, but Yeonhee had always been special to him. Maybe it because they go through the same audition , maybe it because when he saw her audition he’s mesmerized by her, maybe it because the hands she offered and the congratulate words she said when they both make it to SM, Maybe it because since then they finally made friends?; or perhaps it was her warm smile and radiant energy; or it could just be her beautiful cat eyes with infinite depths that never failed to draw Jaejoong closer and deeper into her. Jaejoong knew he probably shouldn’t be thinking along such lines at a time like this, but he was unable to stop himself.

“I’m not leaving you alone here, Yeonhee.” His voice was determined.

For some reason the sentence only served to make Yeonhee’s pale face and puffy eyes more aggravated as tears spilled down again.

“Don’t do this to me, Jaejoong,” Yeonhee sobbed, almost begging.

Jaejoong reeled back, frightened. What had he done to hurt Yeonhee so badly?

“I-I’m sorry,” he spoke awkwardly. “I just… Oh, Yeonhee, please don’t cry,” he murmured, his heart breaking at the sight. Yeonhee never failed to draw out the deepest emotions from him. Jaejoong had been surprised at himself when he first realized he felt for the girl, but had long resigned from that thought because… well, simply because. But that didn’t mean he stopped caring about her. More than anything, he wanted Yeonhee to be happy.

“Is it something I did? Please, talk to me,” he begged, wanting to reach out and put his arms around the distraught girl. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

Yeonhee’s head snapped around to face him. “Fine. You want to know what’s wrong?” she said agitatedly. “It’s you, Jaejoong. You’re what’s wrong.”

Jaejoong’s eyes widened and he felt a stab of pain going through his chest. “Why?”

Yeonhee dropped her head into her hands. She drew in a shuddering breath, and started crying in earnest.

The tears kept falling, steady as the rain.

She cried and cried, letting out all the pain she had kept so tightly locked deep inside of her.

Jaejoong could not be more shocked. Yeonhee’s tears, her cries… god, it all pierced through him, wrecked him apart. He couldn’t take it any longer.

In two strides he was in front of the girl, and without a word he pulled Yeonhee into his arms, embracing her wholly and strongly, wanting to absorb away all the pain. Pain that he had caused.

Yeonhee gasped, her cries caught in . Jaejoong!? What was he doing?

“I can’t bear to see you like that,” Jaejoong murmured into her hair, one hand her back comfortingly. “Forgive me. Just let me hold you for a while, won’t you? Cry if you must.”

Yeonhee closed her eyes, and she let herself lean into Jaejoong, encircling her arms around Jaejoong’s slim waist, that she envy but loved at the same time, taking in what heat Jaejoong could offer in the freezing atmosphere.

“Oh, Jaejoong… you don’t know how long I’ve wanted this,” Yeonhee whispered, her resolve breaking. “I’ve dreamt of this… of you holding me… for so, so long, that it hurts.”

Now it was Jaejoong’s turn to freeze up. Was he hearing right?

“I’m sorry,” Yeonhee continued, her face buried between the crook of Jaejoong’s neck and shoulder. “I never should have said this, I know I shouldn’t… it’s just been kept inside for so long I can barely take it. I just…wanted you so much. I don’t know what’s going to happen from now, but I just know I can’t deny this feeling for you, no matter if they say it’s forbidden.”

She drew her head back and tilted her face to look directly into Jaejoong’s eyes. For the first time, she felt a hint of courage. After all, she’d already come this far. “Please, Jaejoong, please understand. Please don’t dislike me after this. I promise, I won’t do anything or tell anyone. I’m fine with you just treating me the way you always have, just don’t ever push me away because-”

Yeonhee’s babble was interrupted by Jaejoong’s lips pressed against her own.

Too surprised to even react, Yeonhee could only stare as Jaejoong drew back a second later.

“Sorry,” Jaejoong blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. “I’m not really good with words you see, so I think it’s just… uh, more obvious that way.”

Yeonhee’s mouth dropped open and her eyes grew even bigger than they already were.

Jaejoong reached over and caressed Yeonhee’s hair. “I’m sorry, Yeonhee. I didn’t know. God, if I knew… I wouldn’t have had to suppress my feelings for so long. It’s been agonizing for me too, you know.”

Suddenly Yeonhee broke into a laugh, her face lighting up with the smile Jaejoong feared he wouldn’t be able to see again.

“Oh, Jaejoong,” Yeonhee said, half-laughing and half-crying out of relief and anger. She beat her fists again Jaejoong’s chest. “Why didn’t you tell me!”

“How could I? Yeonhee… you’re going through the exact same thing, you should know. Loving someone you can’t love… and not being able to confess because you aren’t sure…”

Yeonhee stopped the punching and looked up at Jaejoong’s face again, this time a smile on her lips.

“God,” she whispered, a new rush of emotions flowing through her, both of relief and newfound ecstasy.

“You called?” Jaejoong asked mischievously, igniting another laugh from Yeonhee. His expression turned serious, and he cupped Yeonhee’s face with his hand. “I’m sorry you had to keep all this to yourself, baby… About us… I’m sure SM will understand. We just have to be more careful in public. Right now… I don’t care what other people think, or what they say. I only care about you.”

Yeonhee smiled, a blush spreading down from her face to her neck. Going from feeling completely distraught and depressed, to pure bliss and excitement, made her giddy in the head. Wordlessly, she pulled Jaejoong closer to her, kissing her softly, conveying to her without words how she felt. Kissing Jaejoong… she never thought it’d be possible, and she never knew it felt that good. She yearned for Jaejoong so much… the kiss deepened evidently, the both of them needing to feel one another more intimately after so long.

Jaejoong sighed against Yeonhee’s lips, tasting heaven. Yeonhee smelled of roses and musk; warm and sweet like hot cinnamon. So this is what perfection tastes like.

Jaejoong’s fingers found their way to Yeonhee’s ears, rubbing them softly, then behind Yeonhee’s neck. He massaged her gently, calming and soothing the girl who’d just gone through an emotional rollercoaster ride. Scents of roses wafted gently through the air; Jaejoong was uncertain whether it came from the flowers in the rain, from Yeonhee’s hair and skin, or simply from his imagination. He coaxed Yeonhee’s mouth open gently, and his tongue tasted hot vanilla tinged with honey in the depths of the girl’s mouth.

When they finally broke apart, they were both a little breathless. Yeonhee let herself lean into Jaejoong’s embrace as she turned to stare out at the rain, which had now lightened to a drizzle.

The air was fresh and crisp, and all of nature seemed to glisten in the gentle dance of raindrops.

~*~
A/N Thanks for reading :)