day one

3:21PM

7:00 AM.

Kyungsoo wakes up, turns his alarm off and leaves his room. He cooks a simple breakfast, greets Junmyeon good morning and helps the leader with waking the other members. He eats his breakfast, brushes his teeth and takes a shower. He dresses up, gets his luggage and he is ready to go.


8:17 AM.

The elevator doors open with a soft ding and their hands find the handles of ther individual luggages.

Kyungsoo pushes himself off of the elevator wall, forcing his eyes to stay open. He waits for the other members to leave the elevator before moving his legs. He stifles a yawn with the back of his free hand, following the others walk towards the couches in the lobby.

"Yah. Yixing unnie, the oppas are here."

Kyungsoo's eyes widen, all traces of sleepiness disappearing, and his vision lands on the five ladies seated at the couch they are heading to.

Kyungsoo runs his hand through his hair and his bangs fall back down onto his forehead. He pats on his black locks to make sure they are flat and neat.

Jongin is asleep. She has her arm propped on the arm of the couch, her cheek mushed against the palm of her hand. Her white-blonde hair is tied up in a ponytail, the strands falling into curls on her shoulders. She wears a white t-shirt— the color greatly emphasizing her bronze skin— with a Spongebob print, the hem tucked underneath a pair of denim shorts, which are— in Kyungsoo’s opinion— incredibly short on top of her incredibly long legs. 

Kyungsoo wonders how a lady can look so pretty.

His eyes move to the girl seated beside Jongin.

Tao. Just like Jongin, she is asleep with her arm wrapped around Sehun's waist and her head resting on the other's chest. 

Kyungsoo wonders how that is in any way comfortable.

Meanwhile, Sehun is awake. Her hand rests comfortably on Tao's waist while her other hand has a finger poking Yixing awake. "Yah. Wake up." She says, every word punctuated with a stab against the cheek.

Yixing's eyes flutter open with a hand swatting at Sehun's insistent finger. "Stop that." She complains, her words morphing into a yawn. She slumps into her seat before pushing herself up onto her feet and walking over to meet the other leader halfway.

"Noona!" Kyungsoo turns his attention to Jongdae, who has his arms flailing wildly as he runs over to Minseok. Minseok's eyes open and a sleepy smile graces her lips as she opens her arms for Jongdae. The male throws himself towards the couch, arms wrapping around her waist and snuggling closer.

Kyungsoo's eyes flick towards Jongin and wonders if they can ever be like that.

Kyungsoo shakes the thought away and walks towards an empty couch, past the two leaders and with the couple.

"Have you been waiting long?" Junmyeon asks when Yixing is near enough.

Yixing shrugs. "Just for a few minutes."

"Sorry." Junmyeon says with a sheepish smile, a hand rubbing the nape of his neck. He jerks his head towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "The lovebirds had a silly argument. Again."

Upon hearing this Baekhyun huffs and continues to stomp the rest of the way towards the furniture.

Yixing laughs. "Ah, well my pair of lovebirds helped us save time." Yixing gestures towards yet another empty couch and they start walking towards it. "They took a shower together."

Kyungsoo flops onto the couch. He steals a glance towards the still-asleep Jongin, feeling the corners of his lips tug upwards, before joining the other into dreamland.


8:24 AM.

Jongin tugs on Tao's hand. "Unnie." She calls, emphasized by another tug on her hand. "Wake him up."

Tao scowls at her. "Why don't you do it?"

"Unnie." Jongin whines.

Tao rolls her eyes and walks over to the napping male. She pokes a finger harshly against Kyungsoo's hair-covered forehead, causing the other's head to loll backwards.

Kyungsoo jolts awake, his head snapping up and eyes widening in alarm. He blinks a few times and turns his head towards both sides before his body relaxes back into its normal state. "What?" He snaps, throwing a glare at the redhead before him.

"Car's here. We're leaving."

Kyungsoo nods and digs the balls of his palms against his eyes. He pushes himself off of the couch, grabs the handle of his luggage and catches up with the rest.

The sight of a black van greets them once they push past the dorm building’s front doors. A man gets off of the driver’s seat and walks up to them with a smile on his face.

Everyone’s moods brighten up and they all enthusiastically bow their heads while saying an unsynchronized, “Thank you, thank you!”

The man gives Junmyeon the car keys and leaves, but not without another round of, "thank you"s from the idols.

Yixing turns around and flashes them a big smile. "This is it. We're going on vacation!"

All ten idols cheer, bright grins plastered on their faces.


8:31 AM.

With the luggages safely stacked on the last row of seats, the boys let the girls enter the vehicle first.

Yixing makes herself comfortable on the front passenger seat and Minseok sits by the window on the second row. Sehun insists that she wants a seat by the window as well and ends up sitting at the third row with Tao beside her and Jongin following them.

Junmyeon goes to the driver's seat while Jongdae pushes Baekhyun and Chanyeol out of the way to sit beside his girlfriend, immediately wrapping his arms around her.

The remaining seats are two spots beside Jongdae and one spot beside Jongin.

Kyungsoo bites on his lower lip as Baekhyun pushes him towards the van with a soft snicker.

He climbs up and pulls down the folded seat, all the while avoiding Jongin's eyes. He sits down and looks out the window.

His heart is beating wildly against his chest. His palms are sweating and he is having difficulty breathing.

Jongin is sitting right beside him.

Kyungsoo fights the smile that threatens to show on his face.

"Aaand, we're leaving!" Junmyeon announces as the vehicle shudders into life.


8:44 AM.

Above the horrible shrieking that Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Jongdae refer to as 'singing,' Kyungsoo hears a groan sound from the person beside him. Kyungsoo turns to see Jongin scowling at the scene the other maknaes are creating.

"Aish." Kyungsoo pulls a disgusted look at the couple making out unabashedly.

Jongin scoots farther from the couple and Kyungsoo holds his breath because that means Jongin is inching closer to him"They're at it again." Jongin crosses her arms in front of her chest, a frown playing on her lips.

"Do they make out often?" Kyungsoo asks, his attention turning to the younger beside him, eyes briefly distracted by the full lower lip jutted outwards.

"Yes." Jongin sneaks a glance back at the couple, her cheeks turning a deeper shade of red as her eyes flick back to stare forwards. "It's disgusting, to be honest." A squeaky yelp escapes Jongin's lips as Sehun kicks her knees, causing Jongin's knees to bump harshly against Kyungsoo's, her body falling into Kyungsoo's arms by the sheer force of the attack.

Jongin's eyes widen and her body stiffens as Kyungsoo moves his hands to hold her upper arms firmly but with much gentleness. Jongin takes a deep inhale of the older boy's scent just as Kyungsoo guides her back up into a sitting position.

"Are you okay?"

Jongin stutters out a, "Y- yeah," and mumbles out a, "Thanks," before looking away with heated cheeks.


8:57 AM.

Once the initial excitement ebbed away, enough to make way for their sanity to come back, the shrieking morphs into pleasant singing, lulling everyone to sleep.

Jongin closes her eyes, discreetly leaning towards her right as she strains to hear the soft voice, singing along to the music.

A smile graces her lips.

It sounds even better to hear his voice live.


9:26 AM.

Jongin stirs awake as she feels a weight settle on her shoulder.

All the excitement has long since died down and the need for a rest has finally caught up to everyone— even Junmyeon who does his best to desperately fight off the sleepiness clouding his brain.

She forces her heavy eyelids to open and turns to her right. She finds Kyungsoo dozing off with his head rested on her.

A smile finds her way onto her lips.

So his cheeks are as soft as they look.

Jongin closes her eyes, leaning her head back at the headrest and embracing her exhaustion once more with open arms.

He's too cute for his own good.


9:57 AM.

A hand shaking his arm gently eases Kyungsoo into consciousness. His eyes flutter open and a soft, whispered, "We're here," greets Kyungsoo.

He raises his head from where it rests and looks up at the face smiling down at him. An equal smile finds its way onto Kyungsoo's features but it stills when realization dawns on him.

He slept on Jongin's shoulder.

With a faint trace of pink on his cheeks, Kyungsoo sits up straight in a flash, bowing as much as he can while letting out a continuous stream of "sorry"s.

Jongin laughs. "It's okay."

"No, it isn't." Baekhyun joins in with a teasing smile on his face. "That is totally embarrassing."

Chanyeol turns around and comments, "You have bottom written all over your face."

A slight frown tugs on Jongin's lips. "You're gay?"

Sehun leans forward on the seat in front of her and regards Jongin with a mischievous smile of her own. "Why do you sound so disappointed?"

It's Kyungsoo's turn to frown. "You're homophobic?" Kyungsoo's eyes widen just as Jongin's do the same. He didn't mean to voice the question out loud.

"What?" Jongin shakes her head feverishly as she turns her body to face Kyungsoo. "No! No, I'm not." She points her thumb backwards at the couple behind her. "I'm best friends with these two lesbians, how can I be homophobic?"

Kyungsoo's mouth forms a circular shape as he manages to blurt out a soft, "oh."

Silence ensues but they are saved from thinking of what to say next by insistent knocks against the vehicle's window. "Yah, get off the van!" They hear Yixing over the knuckled rapping against the window.

They start moving and Kyungsoo forgets to question the reason of Jongin's disappointment.


10:02 AM.

At the sight of the clear blue ocean, a delighted gasp audibly sounds over the crashing of waves against the sand.

The members could only watch with mouth hanging slightly open when they see Jongin rushing towards the body of water while tossing her shoes off on her way.

Giggles escape Jongin's lips as she inches closer and closer with each long stride. The moment her feet makes contact with the clear water, she lets out a surprised yelp. "It's so cold!" She declares before she reduces to another fit of giggles.

Yixing sighs with a shake of her head. "That idiot." She turns around to face the other members with a smile on her face. "Go on ahead. I'll take care of her."

Junmyeon nods. "Let's go." He says with a jerk towards the direction of the place they're going to stay at.

Kyungsoo steals another glance at the tanned lady.

Jongin is now waist-deep into the ocean, a gleeful grin on her face as she plays with the water.

Kyungsoo shakes his head with a smile of his own as he continues on his way with the rest.


10:08 AM.

"I'll take one whole bunk bed to myself."

Jongdae turns toward Kyungsoo and protests. "How is that fair?"

"It isn't." Kyungsoo flashes a smile towards the elder. "Besides, you might bring Minseok-noona over if you get the empty bunk."

"No girls allowed!"

Kyungsoo turns to Baekhyun at the outburst, chuckles and turns back to Jongdae.

Jongdae huffs. "Then why shouldn't Junmyeon-hyung take the extra bunk?"

Kyungsoo moves past Jongdae and trudges towards his claimed bunk bed. "I'm the maknae." He grins at Jongdae before looking down at his luggage to unpack.


10:13 AM.

"That was so stupid of you, Jongin."

Jongin rolls her eyes, her teeth clacking against eachother as her whole body shivers. She hugs herself tight as a wind rushes by them, and she supposes that she should regret running into the ocean like that.

But she doesn't.

She follows Yixing towards their place, her bare feet pressing down on the warm sand underneath. She's always loved the feel of the sand around her feet.

"Wait—" Yixing says as she slows to a stop. "You're not entering the house like that."

Jongin looks up at the elder. "What?"

"You're dripping wet—" Jongin giggles. "—and your feet are covered in sand." Yixing shakes her head. "You're going to make a mess. Stay here."

Jongin pouts. "But, unnie, it- it's cold."

"Not my fault."

"Aish." Jongin watches Yixing climb the few flights of stairs and disappear behind the door.

Jongin turns around and faces the ocean. Her grin settles back onto her face as she feels the wind against her face with yet another shiver. She takes a deep inhale— embracing the smell of saltiness— and lets it out with a big grin.

Jongin hears the door click and creak open and she turns, "U- unnie?"

"Jongin?" It's Kyungsoo. "Why aren't you inside?"

Jongin shrugs her shivering shoulders. "Unnie s- says to wait he- here."

Kyungsoo descends the stairs and stands by her side. He puts his hands in his pockets and takes in the sight of the beach.

Jongin closes her eyes and sighs, inching a bit closer to the male's body heat.

She opens her eyes and smiles, her heart fluttering against her ribcage.

"Yah." Jongin resists the urge to frown as the comfortable silence breaks. She turns around just in time to catch the towel Yixing throws towards her direction.

She sneaks a glance towards Kyungsoo and finds him smiling at her.

Her heart increases its beating by a hundred times.

 

12:29 PM.

"Sehunnie's done eating now, can we go? Please, please, please?"

Kyungsoo turns his head towards Jongin, who is bouncing in excitement while holding Sehun's hand in both of hers to the side.

Yixing nods, and a squeal escapes Jongin's lips. She pushes herself onto her feet and runs towards the water, with Sehun stumbling to catch up with the overexcited puppy.

Kyungsoo takes a bite of his sandwich with an amused smile playing on his face.

"It's cold!" Sehun comments as soon as his foot delved into the water.

Jongin turns, flashes a bright smile and exclaims, "Yes, it is!" She bends down, scoops water into her hands and flicks the cold liquid towards the younger.

"Wanna go?"

Kyungsoo tears his gaze from the two ladies and turns to Junmyeon. "Sure." Kyungsoo takes the last bite of his sandwich and gulps it down with the help of water.

The two stands up from the blanket and goes out from the protection of multiple umbrellas and into the heat the sun provides.

"Yah!" Kyungsoo doesn't need to look to know that it's Baekhyun. "Wait for me!"

Kyungsoo turns around but continues walking backwards. His eyes widen as he sees the older running towards his direction.

"Hyung, no—" But Baekhyun continues on running with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Kyungsoo turns around and runs, putting as much distance as he can between each step.

But Byun Baekhyun runs faster than Do Kyungsoo and the latter only finds that out when he feels his breath get knocked out of his system, arms locking around his neck and legs wrapping around his waist and a chest pressing against his back.

"Hyung—" Baekhyun laughs and wiggles on top of Kyungsoo, making it so much harder for him to stop his knees from giving up. "Hyung, you're heavy!"

Baekhyun laughs and wiggles around even more. "I know!"


1:08 PM.

"Come on, Soo! Don't be a spoilsport."

Jongin turns just as everyone does, and finds Baekhyun taunting Kyungsoo.

"Look at everyone else!" Baekhyun says, arms gesturing towards all the other members. "We're wearing proper attires."

Kyungsoo scowls and flicks water towards Baekhyun.

Baekhyun laughs as he covers his face with his arms. "Take off your shirt!"

"Go on, Soo! Take it off!" Chanyeol joins in as Jongdae sneaks up from behind, the ripples of water go unnoticed by Kyungsoo as the youngest sends sprinkles of water towards the snickering couple.

Jongdae pulls on the hem of Kyungsoo's white shirt and attempts to pull it up. Kyungsoo gasps and grips on his shirt tightly while turning around to send a kick softened by the water.

"Take it off! Take it off!" Baekhyun taunts and Chanyeol joins the chant.

A tint of pink graces Kyungsoo's cheeks as the chant grows louder with each new voice. Kyungsoo huffs and takes his wet shirt off, earning cheers and playful whistling from the other members.

Jongin tries.

Jongin tries her best not to indulge her hungry eyes with the feast in front of her. But sometimes… trying is just not enough.

Jongin follows the hem with her eyes, taking in the skin a thousand shades paler than hers. Flat stomach, pink s and slightly muscely arms.

Jongin bites her lip…

And sneezes.

Everyone's attention turns towards her direction and she feels her cheeks heat up.

"Guess your chest is the opposite of 'hot,' Kyungsoo." Baekhyun comments.

Chanyeol bursts into laughter. "The temperature dropped so low that Jongin caught a cold."

Jongin's eyes widen but keeps shut.

Kyungsoo averts his gaze and, with a scowl, crumples his t-shirt in his hands and throws it towards Chanyeol.

Chanyeol catches the wet clothing and tosses it further into the ocean.

"Yah. My shirt!"

Jongin sneezes again.


4:22 PM.

"Aish. It's so cold!"

"Shut up, Chanyeol." Kyungsoo snaps with a scowl. "Why don't you try to throw your t-shirt too and see how much worse it is?"

Jongin chuckles through shivering teeth. She pulls her towel tighter around her body with one hand. She raises her other hand and brings it by , and lets her breath push past her lips, relishing in the warmth it provides.

Her breath feels warmer than normal but warm nonetheless.
Jongin sneezes.


4:39 PM.

Jongin plops onto the couch, and brings her towel up like a blanket around her body. Cold, cold, cold, cold, cold. The showers are currently occupied and there are still about two more people before her turn to heat her body up under the spray of hot water.
Jongin sighs and closes her eyes.

She realizes how exhausted she is only when her consciousness starts slipping.


5:54 PM.

"Jongin?"

Jongin grunts and swats the hand shaking her arm away.

"Jongin, wake up. Have you taken a shower already?"

Jongin's eyes snap open and her sight falls onto Kyungsoo's worried expression. "No." She blurts out as she pushes herself onto her feet and stumbles her way into the bathroom.


7:03 PM.

"Jongin says she'll skip dinner for today."

Kyungsoo frowns.

"She says she isn't hungry."


11:10 PM.

Kyungsoo looks up at the ceiling— he decided to sleep at the top bunk for tonight— with a frown on his face. He runs a hand through his hair and desperately keeps his eyes open.

His eyes start to itch and tears start to well up.

Kyungsoo involuntarily blinks and the images of Jongin dressed only in her red two-piece bikini flashes in his mind.

Another involuntary blink and he sees Jongin's wet t-shirt hugging her slim figure.
Kyungsoo sighs and checks his phone for the time. He watches as the ten transitions into an eleven.

Kyungsoo lets out another sigh.

Jongin.

Kyungsoo blinks. 

Jongin's plump lips against his own. His arms around her waist, hers around his neck. Bodies flushed against eachother.

Kyungsoo groans and buries his face into the pillow.

Baekhyun's words ring inside his head.

Yah! You two. Just ask the girls out.

 

 

author's note ;;

hello hello. what do you think of this chapter? i'm still quite new to multichaps— especially non-angst ones, so please bear with me.

please do tell me what you think, i'd love to know since i'm still having mixed feelings about this fic. i hope you subscribe and enjoy.

(this will be a threeshot by the way)

also, be my friend? talk to me on twitter. i'm very lonely. my username is @cvtiesoo. pls don't be shy. being shy and awkward is my role. no, i'm just kidding omg i hope i didn't scare you away.