ep.2

Anthology of the Mundane and the Anomaly
Please log in to read the full chapter

After deciding to skip school for now, Mark drags the Jinyoung to his room while he looks for clothes for the other. He eyes Jinyoung from head to toe; trying his hardest not to blush when his gaze passes by the man’s ‘package’. He notes that they might have the same shirt sizes, but the pants might come off shorter due to the latter having longer legs.

Mark rummages around his closet until he gets a hold of a plain white shirt and an extra pair of sweatpants that he wears when he’s indoors. He also reluctantly hands one of his unused (read: brand new and fresh from the package) boxers because it’s obvious that he doesn’t have some with him. He hands the bundle of clothing to Jinyoung.

“What’s this?” he asks.

Mark’s swears that this -stranger named Jinyoung forgot the basic definition of clothes when he had acquired his amnesia.

“Those are clearly, clothes.” Mark deadpans, “How hard was your fall that you’ve forgotten what clothes are?”

“I didn't fall.” Jinyoung says.

“You apparently did. You even crashed on my window, did you already forget?” Mark huffs. He now he wonders how a person can be an airhead and a smartass at the same time.

 Jinyoung examines each piece of clothing and looks at Mark. He seems to be playing match the pictures on his own because Mark could see that his eyes lit up; like he just figured out how the universe works.

“Ah, so you use this to cover your body?” Jinyoung asks.

Mark wants to plant his face on his palms right now but he resists the urge to, “Yes, Einstein, you use that to cover yourself.”

Jinyoung nods in a childlike manner. It makes Mark wonder what actually happened for the man to be in such a state.

‘He acts like he’s five!’ Mark thinks.

Tucking the sweatpants and shirt between his armpits, he holds the boxers in both of his hands and looks at Mark again. “I don’t see you wearing this one.”

“It’s beneath the sweatpants.” Mark says. If the man had forgotten everything to the extent of the basic knowledge of clothes, then it must mean that Mark has to play parent on this man-child.

Jinyoung takes the sweatpants and hold it in his other hand where the boxers weren’t present, “These?”

Mark nods, “Yes. Now please put those on before you get sick and I have to be responsible of taking care of you.”

“Okay.” Jinyoung says and then he moves to the bed to put the clothes on. He holds out the shirt first but Mark could see that he’s just looking at it. It took a good few seconds before Jinyoung turns to him and asks the question that Mark didn’t expect.

“How do you put this thing on?” Jinyoung keeps on examining the shirt, stretching the holes and peering into it.

‘God, if this is your idea of spicing up my mundane life, it’s not funny.’ Mark’s palm lands exactly on his face this time, unable to resist the urge to smack himself because this man apparently doesn’t know how to put on clothes.

“Are you serious?” Mark can’t help but ask because the joke wasn’t funny at all.

“Of course I am! I wouldn’t be asking you if I knew how things in this place work.” Jinyoung says and Mark sighs in defeat. ‘What mess have I gotten myself into?’

“Okay, this one goes first.” Mark picks up the boxers, “You stretch the largest band right here and then you insert each of your legs into these holes. You understand?”

Jinyoung nods and Mark hands him the boxers. Fortunately, Jinyoung picked up things quickly as said and easily learned the proce

Please log in to read the full chapter