Chapter One

Stars

Yoongi sighs as he puts down his phone. He has two missed calls and a couple dozen un-read messages. He doesn't even need to look to know who they'll all be from. Namjoon no doubt is worrying again. Namjoon worries a lot. Yoongi never really does understand why, but he accepts it. Most of the time. Sometimes, like today he just wishes  Namjoon could understand him for a change. He needed this. He needed time. He needed to get this.

After what feels like hours he finally picks up his phone again. The clock in the corner of the screen lets him know it's only been 5 minutes. Even so, it's enough time for yet another missed call to have been added to the pile.

3 missed calls from - Namjoon
5 unread messages from - Namjoon
1 unread message from - Princess Jin
3 unread messages from - Jiminnie
2 unread messages from - Hobi

.

Yoongi knows all he has to do is text him. Say he's okay, say he's eaten dinner, say he'll be home soon, but he can't. He isn't okay, he hasn't eaten and he won't be home soon.

Can't you just text him? He's  going out of his mind. We're all worried - Jin

Yoongi considers answering. He knows talking to Seokjin would be good enough for Namjoon. Their eldest is like their mother, a warm, safe person. Namjoon trusts Seokjin.

Hey are you going to be home for dinner? - Jiminnie
Namjoon is asking where you are... - Jiminnie
Pick up your phone u old fart - Jiminnie

'He's a good kid' Yoongi thinks as he swipes past all the messages. He feels bad for the boy, he knows Jimin cant help but care. He cares about everything. Yoongi worries about just how much the younger cares sometimes. Worries it will hurt him.

You're at the studio aren't you? - Hobi
Please just call him back, you know how he gets. - Hobi

Yeah, Yoongi does know how he gets. That's exactly why he needed to get away. Sometimes being around Namjoon is just too much.

Hey its getting late when will you be back? - Namjoon
Did you  eat yet? It's late - Namjoon
Seriously, its late where are you? - Namjoon
You're at the studio right? Which means you haven't eaten. I'll bring you food - Namjoon
Could you not just reply once?! - Namjoon

Last message received - 10 minutes ago.

.

To - Namjoon
It's cold. Don't bother. I'll get something from the mini mart. - Yoongi
I'm okay. Sorry for not replying. - Yoongi

He lets out a sigh as he stares at his messages. 5 minutes have gone by and still no reply. Namjoon is probably going to turn up any second.

It's not that he doesn't want to see Namjoon. Not really. It's more like he doesn't want to face him. See, Yoongi is pretty quiet most of the time, not really one for emotions or feelings. He loves his fans and he loves music and he likes to tell himself that's enough. And it would be, if it weren't for a certain rapper in a certain idol group that he may or may not also be a member of.

So Namjoon is... complicated.


Yoongi hears the door handle before he hears the soft voice calling his name.

"Yoongi, you in here? I brought you some dinner." Namjoon's voice washes over him, making him feel all jittery.

"Where else would I be?" Yoongi asks trying to put an uninterested look on his face. He fails of course, the moment he look at Namjoon and notices that the other is wearing nothing but a t-shirt and jeans.

"What the hell are you wearing? Or rather not wearing? It's freezing out there why the hell are you wearing so few clothes?!" Yoongi spits out angrily. Annoyed at the boys carelessness.

"I- uh.." Namjoon mumbles while looking down at his  attire - as if seeing it for the first time. "I didn't notice... I was so mad I just kind of stormed out." He says, giving Yoongi an angry stare.

"Oh so it my fault you can't dress yourself?" Yoongi retorts in a playful manner.

"I'm perfectly capable of dressing myself thank you, but yes. It is your fault I'm in this state." Namjoon replies in a similar way.

"It's your fault for being such a drama queen." Yoongi says while grabbing the coat he put on the back of his chair.

"Here" He says, ing the coat at Namjoon. "Put this on and come warm up. I feel cold just looking at you."

"You're always cold." Namjoon laughs as he puts the coat on. "But I will stay for a while, if only to make sure you eat."

Yoongi just puffs out air through his nose and sits down again with Namjoon bringing another chair to sit by his.

"I've brought you some leftovers. Its from today so it should still be good. You better eat it after I've rised death to bring this to you." Namjoon says as he pushes a container of food towards him.

"You hardly risked your life, it's a ten minute walk. But thank you" Yoongi says giving Namjoon a small, but sincere smile. "I do appreciate it."

Namjoon just beams back at him and rests his head on the others shoulder, watching him eat in silence.

They remain that way until the food is gone, and even then a while after. It is long gone 4 am when Namjoon finally decides to break the quiet silence.

"What are you writing about?" He asks quietly, pretending not to notice the sudden increase in his companions heart rate.
     
"Stars." Is all Yoongi replies as he tries to find something to busy his fingers with. He settles on the chopsticks he had just finished eating with. The sound they make as they tap on the edge of his desk is pleasing. It's almost enough for him to be able to ignore Namjoon's warm breath on his neck, or Namjoon's warm fingertips so close to his.

"Why stars?" Namjoon asks, his fingers coming to rest on top of Yoongi's in an effort to still them. Or so he tells himself.

He likes the way the fingers still instantly under his and the tiny hitch he feels in the others breath.

"Stars remind me of someone." Yoongi says. His fingers inching, slightly, oh so slightly closer to the ones atop his.

"Of who?" The younger asks. His fingers acting boldly and bravely, slotting down between the hand now in his.

"Just someone." Yoongi says smiling a little as his fingers in turn grip the others.

His stomach is full of butterflies. But for the first time in his life Yoongi could not care less about the sickly feeling in his stomach. Far too busy wishing the heat in his cheeks would cool before Namjoon did something annoying like notice.

"Anyone I know?" Namjoon asks, shifting slightly in his seat to be able to face the other fully.

"You might know them. But that's not important." Yoongi says trying his best to not meet Namjoon's eyes.

"Oh? Then what is important?" He asks not being able to fight the grin from his lips.

"It's late." Is what Yoongi replies. Namjoon just grips tighter as he feels Yoongi try to separate their hands in favor of standing up.

"Stay." Namjoon pleads as he finally manages to get Yoongi to look at him. "Please don't run away again."

Yes. Again. This situation is nothing new for the two. For two months they had been skipping around each other like timid school children.

It's always Yoongi who ran off first, but that's not to say that Namjoon wouldn't have done the same if given the chance. It just so happened that the other always got there first.

But Namjoon was tired of all the running. They needed to talk. He needed to talk.

"I know this isn't just a one-sided thing. Please just stay." Namjoon says looking into Yoongi's eyes.

Neither do anything for a while. Their hands still connected and their eyes still locked. They sit in silence as all the gears in Yoongi's head are working at full capacity to try and think of what to say.

Finally, he closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath before starting to talk.

"What's important," He begins. "Is not if you know who they are, but that you understand how important they are too me. This person, isn't just anyone, they are like pure starlight. Filling me with this unimaginable wanderlust. However, instead of needing far off places I just need to explore all the different destinations on their skin.

"They remind me of stars because like stars they are infinite. So much bigger than here and now. Spanning back since time began. Sometimes I feel like maybe I was there with them. Like maybe this black hole we call life is just a pit stop in a long, long line of lives we will spend together.

"They say that we all came from stars. That the parts that make up you and make up me were once stardust.

 "And you can call me crazy but I swear the moment they walked into my life a light came on in my head and suddenly everything made sense.

"Sometimes I think that, maybe I was always supposed to find them, just as they always find me. Maybe we are tied together by something more. Like some invisible string of fate, tied to our pinkies. Bursting at the core of our existence, like a supernova. Reminding us of all the galaxies we have been a part of.

"Sometimes I think I can see old  star-lines in their eyes, they shine so bright. It leaves me wondering if they even know how they keep me memorized.

"And maybe I'm silly for thinking it, but in someways I'm not too worried if we never end up together this time. Because I know this wont be the last. Call me foolish but I have faith that in this life, and everything before and after until the last star burns out, we will be together. And that, is what's important."

Yoongi feels a little breathless after his speech. He didn't know he was going to talk for so long and has surprised himself. He also feels embarrassed. He didn't mean to ramble quite as much as he did.

"Sounds like you love them a lot." Namjoon says quietly. He is somewhat in awe of the speech Yoongi just made. His mind still taking time to process everything that was said.

"Yeah." Yoongi replies."I guess I do."

"You know, they love you too." Namjoon says in a half whisper. So sure of his feelings but so worried he has misunderstood.

"You think?" Yoongi asks, smiling. "You are quite close with this person."

"Oh yeah." Namjoon replies. "I have it on good authority that they adore you. If fact I've heard it said that seeing you is their favorite part of the day. To the point where they get real cranky if they don't see you."

"Oh really?" Yoongi asks, leaning to place a chaste kiss on Namjoon's lips.

"Yeah. Like tonight, all they wanted to do was enjoy a relaxing day off, but instead they spend most of it wishing you were there." Namjoon says with his lips only just brushing over Yoongi's.

"I was trying to write a song" Yoongi says with his bright smile. "For you." He adds as he brings his arms up to curls around Namjoon's neck. His fingers running through the ends on his hair by his nape.

Namjoon wants to ask more questions, but then Yoongi's lips are firmly on his again and he finds all questions melting out of him.

They kiss, and kiss, and kiss. With hands and tongues and ever growing confidence.

The time, when they look at it next is telling them it's almost 6 am.  

"I love you." Namjoon whispers into the kiss. It almost gets drowned in the moment, but Yoongi hears him.

"I love you too." He smiles as he pulls Namjoon after him. "But it's time to go home. Let's go to bed."

And Namjoon couldn't agree more.

 


 

~A/N~ Welp. There's that. i hope it doesn't . like... idk. Sugamon are like adorable and this idea seemed cute in my head. I hope you guys think so too, or at least don't hate it :3 thanks for reading <3