Chapter 1

Drumroll, Please
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I'm going to pretend you haven't been glaring at me for the past half hour."

 

The magazine lands with a splat against the coffee table, sending ripples through the nearby cup of tea. Rain was still pelting outside and the curtains south of the couch billowed through the open floor-to-ceiling windows. It was a lazy afternoon where the air smelt of earth and warmth and company is much appreciated. Said company, however, did not seem to return the sentiment.

 

Changmin had the afternoon planned to the dot. After cleaning the dorms and a late lunch, he was going to sleep (because those were two very important tasks) and then go to Kyuhyun's place for a World of Warcraft one-on-one. They've talked dinner plans as well, because they're maknaes and more than gaming it was the love of food that joined them at the hip. Easily said, the jajangmyun delivery number had already been saved on their phones. A press of a button and viola, dinner will be (despite lack of fashion) served.

 

He tolerated the rain. He still decided on walking because it was the kind of rain that felt.. rejuvenating, for lack of a better word. Had it not been for the SuJu member's winner-pays-the-month's-dinner challenge, he would have even enjoyed another hour or two lazing under the blankets. But because it was imperative to answer the call of WOW, he left the pad fifteen minutes to five, estimating a good time he'd need for feigned trash talking.

 

Ten minutes to the hour and a half the distance away, his phone begins to call him 'Changminnie, Changminnie~' and it could only be his hyung. He stopped under a waiting shed and shook water from his sleeve as he grumbled a,

 

'What, hyung?'

 

'Ya, is that any way to answer? What if it could have been your mother?'

 

'My phone rang with your ringtone. And I called you 'hyung', hyung. What do you want?'

 

He heard some fumbling from the other line, followed by a whispered curse. He was almost tempted to reprimand the elder one with something like 'Language' or 'You kiss your mom with that mouth?' but that one he was sure his hyung wouldn't let pass. He decides to wait until order is restored, although his foot wasn't that patient. It went tap, tap, tap on the wet pavement.

 

'Changmin, is there any way you can come pick me up? Manager hyung had to go to the hospital because of baby alert and he said he'll be back but I don't really want to wait and it's raining and there's sure to be traffic later and he might not return that quickly. I'm sorry, I know you and Kyuhyun will be playing WOW but-'

 

'Where are you?'

 

'You know you're the only one I could call. I'll buy your dinner, don't worry and -- What?'

 

 Changmin didn’t think it was his hyung's intent to tap on his conscience or goodwill. But because he sounded like he really wanted to go home (he was not foreign to that feeling), the maknae found himself sighing as he flagged a cab and slipped in.

 

'I'm on my way. Now where are you?'

 

The almost excited answer was enough to send a lift of a smile on the younger one's lips. His hyung could get anyone to bring him home, what with all his acting cute, but he called him instead. It was both annoying and well, maybe a bit sweet.

 

 

 

Forty-five minutes past five, he was sitting on the couch across the other man after having served them both a cup of tea. He was not discreet as he shot scathing glares on his hyung's side profile. He had accepted the minor setback but for the other man to completely sabotage his afternoon plans, that was unforgiveable. It turned out another hyung had already offered a ride but Yunho still insis

Please log in to read the full chapter