Sweet like coffee

Just Different

It was early morning, and I have to check the deliveries. I walked to the nearest coffee shop, I got in and the line was pretty long. At least I have time to decide what to get. When I finally got to the counter, the cashier handed me a cup of caramel macchiato, “It’s already been paid for.” She pointed to the guy who just went out the door. “Oh,” I scratched the back of my head, “Thank you.” I got the coffee and rushed out to see who it was, just from seeing his back I know. I almost drop the cup. Does he really like keeping me on my toes? I was on the brink of shouting at him and breaking down crying. I just stood there, staring at him walk away. It seemed so familiar, like an old sad re-run of a tv show.

“I don’t like breaking rules.” He said. “You know that right?”

I nod, tears falling down. “But—can’t you break it just this time?”

 He sighed, and wiped my tears. “Don’t cry.” Making me cry even more.

“You know this isn’t easy for me, right?” He said, “You know how much this means to me.” He hugged me so tight, I never wanted to leave his arms. “I’ll always be here, remember that.”

I know he wanted to make music so bad, and the moment he got the news he was debuting under YG he was so happy. But that no dating contract sufficed.

I pulled away and ran inside the restaurant. “Hey, don’t be like that.” I can hear his voice from the other side of the door. “I don’t want to see you.” I shouted. It would be easier for me if I didn’t see his face. “I’m letting you go, but promise me you’ll be the best.”

And now, he was. He’s chasing his dream and I’m happy with everything he achieved. I open the TV and I see him. I open the radio and I hear his song. Everything reminds me of him.