TWO

Kai 2.0
 
When Jongin decided to return the keys back to the owner, he did not expect this simple act to reveal to him more than he was meant to know.
 
He entered the wing of the building where he had spotted the lady from last night, without being obstructed by any security guards.
 
This was a less guarded wing of SM Entertainment's property because this wing was not frequented by any high-profile pop artistes, unlike the building where he practices dance routinely.
 
Jongin took the liberty of finding his way right to the door of room unit 01-33, which was the number printed on the only other labelled key besides the one with his name on it.
 
He was far too curious to let it go as a mere coincidence. 
 
He knew it was more likely than not that "Kai" was just an abbreviation or short-form for some computer program which he's clearly clueless about, but part of him wanted to validate in person that this key had nothing to do with his name and some conspiracy that involves SM Entertainment finding new ways to turn their artistes into commodities.
 
He took things a little too far in his head sometimes. 
 
Surely, it is more fun to imagine possible reasons for finding a key with his name on SM's property, than to be convinced from the start that a computer program was named after him. 
 
He also wanted to understand what a woman in a lab coat could be doing on the property of SM Entertainment.
 
What kind of lab research could she possibly be doing here? 
 
Chemical testing? Microchip? Involving lab rats running helter skelter on exercise wheels?
 
All these images flashed through his head, and none of them connected. 
 
In what way did lab research have any place in SM?
 
Jongin wanted to connect the dots, and it had taken so little time and effort to cross over to this next building.   
 
So here he was, at the door, ready to find out what the key led to.
 
 
 
---
 
Disclaimer: All pics used in this chapter are not mine.