III

Hold My Hand (Hold My Hand)

When Lee Taemin took the stage with his fellow bandmates in Tokyo,  he had the support of his No. 1 fan: boyfriend Do Kyungsoo.

The EXO vocalist, 25, joined by band mates Kai and Suho looked on from the VIP section of the Tokyo Dome in Bunkyo, Japan as SHINee rocked through a two-hour set list on Friday. Super Junior’s Kyuhyun was also in attendedance to show his support.


Taemin and Kyungsoo caused quite the stir when they were photographed stepping out for lunch with their eight-month old son, Haneul, in Tokyo earlier on that. The superstars were mobbed by dozens of fans at Kozue, a popular restaurant, and police had to be called to keep the crowds at bay.

(click here to read the rest of the article)

- Excerpt from Soompi, July 9th, 2018

_____________________________________________

 

“Move in with me.”

 

This was inevitable, Kyungsoo thought to himself.

 

Yes, they were in love. Taemin had set a fire blazing within him that had been sweltering ever since the day they had met. Countless backstage encounters and brief greetings had set an ardor in motion.

 

(It also didn’t hurt that they were both two of Jongin’s favorite people and he was constantly pushing them together every chance that he got.)

 

They almost didn’t make sense at first.

 

Taemin was a bit livelier than Kyungsoo, outgoing even. He had no problem walking into a room full of people and commanding their attention while Kyungsoo always considered himself to be more of a loner.

 

(“Opposites attract, similarities repel.” Taemin had told him once.

They were both , in Taemin’s bedroom, at SHINee’s dorm.

Both out of breath from the recent rendezvous, he reached over and began outlining the love bite he had left above Kyungsoo’s collarbone .)

 

They made it work though.

 

Somewhere along the away, through their late night Facetime calls, and red-eye flights, their tryst turned into something more permanent.

 

swelled into something more impractical.

 

Love.

 

And at that very moment, there was proof of that love swaddled in Kyungsoo’s arms, looking up at him with huge eyes.

 

Kyungsoo cooed as he leaned down to place a soft kiss on Hanuel’s forehead. His son’s nose scrunches up cutely at his sign of affection and Kyungsoo nearly melts because in that moment Haneul looks exactly like Taemin.

 

He may have had Kyungsoo’s chubby cheeks and his huge doe eyes, but that little button nose is inherently Taemin’s. He also had Taemin’s lips, and Kyungsoo secretly hopes that his son inherits Taemin’s height as well.

 

It’s been a full minute and a half since Taemin’s question has lingered in the air and the silence between them feels almost as conflicted as she does.

 

Kyungsoo braves a glance in Taemin’s direction and catches his gaze; his back against the headboard.

 

It was a hot summer night in Japan and the blankets had long been kicked away to the edge of the bed.

 

Taemin had forgone his shirt and rested only in a pair of black boxer briefs, his left sock halfway off of his foot.

 

His eyes travel downward and immediately his gaze rests upon the infant currently in Kyungsoo’s clutches.

 

Taemin’s face visibly brightens at the sight of his son as he watches the tot begin to stir in his fathers arms.

 

Forgetting the question at hand momentarily as he rises from the bed, Taemin rests on his knees briefly, silently walking towards the edge of the mattress. His arms outstretched in a silent grasp.

 

Kyungsoo hands Haneul over wordlessly and he watches the infants moving come to a halt as soon as Taemin takes him into his arms.

 

Taemin looks down and smiles tenderly at his little boy, his lips pressed on top of Haneul’s hair and then his soft cheeks.

 

His nose lingers on the baby’s skin for a bit longer when Kyungsoo says, “You spoil him,” a warm, far away look in his eyes.

 

“I spoil you more,” Taemin replies directly, winking at his boyfriend for good measure.

 

* * *


“Alright, welcome back. Keeping up with the theme this week, tonight we have another special guest. Earlier this week we had a chance to speak tone of my other bandmates, Minho-shi, and today we’ve got Taemin with us!. Taemin-ah, how are you?”
 

“G’evening, Jjong. A bit tired, but good regardless.” Taemin's gruff voice resonates through the speakers.
 

“That’s good to hear. I spoke with Onew-hyung last night and he told me about the vacation he has planned for him and Luna before we have to head back on tour. Any plans for a last minute celebration before we’re on the stage again?”

 

Taemin chuckles slightly, the sound of his breath softening against the microphone’s receiver.

 

“Nope, no celebration’s for me. Just gonna spend the rest of my time at home with Kyungsoo and Hannie before we have to start preparing for rehearsals.”

 

Jonghyung laughs, “Nothing wrong with that. Now Taemin-ah, since the last time I've had you on the show you’ve managed to release another solo mini-album, become a father, and headline a world tour. Which has been the hardest, and most importantly; which has been the most rewarding?”

 

Another laugh.

 

“You make my life sound more interesting than it really is, hyung.”

 

oohsehun 오늘 탁아!