II

Hold My Hand (Hold My Hand)

Lee Taemin and Do Kyungsoo are now proud parents!

The EXO vocalist, whose pregnancy was closely watched and the subject of various rumors, gave birth to a baby boy in Seoul last night according to our sources. “Kyungsoo and the baby are doing fine”, our confidant can confirm.

Sources tell us that the couple has decided to keep the baby’s name undisclosed for now.

Apparently, he's a looker. "The most beautiful baby in the world," Taemin’s bandmate , Jonghyun, Tweeted this morning.


Friends of the superstar couple also used their SNS accounts to offer public messages of congratulations:

"Welcome to the world, little one!", Kyungsoo's EXO bandmate Chanyeol posted on his Instagram a few hours ago. 

"We love you already.” he went on to add.

 
Despite rumors that the singer had given birth to a baby girl over the weekend, Taemin and an "enormously pregnant" Kyungsoo were said to have been spotted enjoying dinner on Monday.

The first-time parents announced they were expecting at the end of last year.


(Read More…)

- Excerpt from Koreaboo, March 11th, 2018


 

They name him Haneul (partly because they couldn't come to an agreement on anything else and also) because "heavenly" was the only way to describe him.

 

He’s the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen, Kyungsoo decides.

 

Soft skin, curly raven hair, brown eyes.

 

Ten fingers, ten toes, and they were all perfect.

 

Kyungsoo was never one to be overly religious or spiritual but the moment he heard Haneul’s cries for the first time, he knew there was a god.

 

There had to be. Something so impeccable, so impossibly perfect could not have just been created out of thin air.

 

Out everything that he’s ever done and achieved in his life, Kyungsoo thinks that Haneul might be his greatest achievement.

 

And how could he not?

He was so tiny, and so cute.

Creating something so perfect with someone who was equally as perfect (in his eyes, of course) was a feat that he wasn’t sure he could ever accomplish again.

 

Everybody instantly fell in love with him.

 

Minho and Sehun flat-out refused to put him down. If he wasn’t being fed or bathed, Minho always made sure Haenul was always within arms reach. And you could practically see the sparkle in Sehun’s eyes whenever he rocked Haenul back and forth to sleep.

 

 

And though his aunts and uncles loved Hanul profoundly and irrevocably, it was Taemin who loved him the most.

 

From the second Haenul was placed in his arms, Taemin was besotted.

With tears clinging to his eyelashes, Taemin looked down at the small child in awe.

“.” He murmured. “He really does look like me.”

 “I told you.” Kyungsoo said and patiently lifted the baby toward Taemin’s arms. “Don’t you want to hold him?”

 “Oh. I don’t know….”

 “Come on, you’re going to have to get used to him.”

 “I-.” Taeminn started but Kyungsoo was already putting the sleeping child into Taemin’s waiting arms.

 Taemin had expected crying, screaming, drama, but the baby continued to sleep peacefully.

 And that's when it hit him like a ton of bricks.

 He was a Dad.

 “Oh, .”

 “What? What’s wrong?”

 Taemin grinned like an idiot, “He’s here. We’re parents now.”

 Kyungsoo laughed and slipped an arm around his boyfriend’s waist.

 And, suddenly, Taemin didn't feel so frightened anymore.

 

Haneul had inherited a decent amount of traits from Kyungsoo, sure.

 

His large, almost owl-like eyes as well as his chubby cheeks were passed down to Haneul, but the rest of his qualities were without a doubt from his other father.

 

Thick, pouty lips and a cute button nose were just some of the things Haneul possessed that could be traced back to Taemin.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t cry when he first held Haneul, maybe he was in shock. The realization that the life he had created with the man he loved was still heavily sedating him.

 

However, the afternoon he caught Taemin and Haneul napping together was the day he finally broke.

 

Seeing the way Haneul’s tiny, little fist opened and closed in his sleep as Taemin held him to his chest with a protective arm brought tears to his eyes. (And is currently the wallpaper on his phone)

Tabloids and gossip sites were willing to dish out thousands upon thousands of won just for first dibs on pictures of the newborn, but Taemin and Kyungsoo politely (Well, Taemin mostly) declined.

Though they were often spotted strolling around the city or leaving a studios with baby Haneul in their arms, a simple blanket helped shield the paparazzi from getting any decent pictures of his face.

 

Their friends, family, and those close to them respected their wishes to keep the baby out of the spotlight. (Though Kibum was itching to upload a picture of the infant that he had taken of Haneul while he was sleeping tranquilly next to his uncle Jinki)

 

Kyungsoo and Taemin weren’t going to share their little bundle of joy with the media until they were ready.

For now, he belonged to them and them only.


 @realjonghyun90

오늘 연주 누가 됐을까?


Taemin proposes to Kyungsoo the night before Haneul’s fourth birthday.

 

They’re both in the kitchen, slaving away over the oven (Okay, that might be an exaggeration), baking a cake for Haneul’s party when Taemin finally popped the question.

 

“Should have done this a lot sooner”, Taemin said hastily as he dropped down to his knees (gently, as he had sprained his ankle a few days before) and pulling out a velvet box.

 

It took Kyungsoo all of three seconds before he said yes.

 

Looking back on how things took place, Kyungsoo can’t help but think of himself as extremely fortunate.

 

Haneul was born healthy for one, and two; he was without a doubt, head over heels in love with a man who loved him back.

 

Kyungsoo had never given any thought to having a family, or even getting married, but now he couldn't imagine a life without both Taemin and Haneul in it.

 

Watching his son grow up before his eyes was like watching his favorite movie over and over again.

 

Seeing those big brown eyes light up with bliss was something he strived to see daily.

 

Haneul took his first step at nine-months old.

 

(Taemin had been resting lazily on the couch, facedown, trying to take a nap when it happened)

 

And at just eleven-months, he said his first word.

 

(“Appa!” Haneul had exclaimed with a toothy grin that Kyungsoo knows he got from Taemin).

 

So it goes like; Kyungsoo might be extremely well-off in life, but he’ll never take it for granted.

 

Smiling, as he looks around their crowded living room, he takes in the scene.

 

Jinki bouncing his and Sunyoung’s two-year old daughter on his knee.

Jonghyun loudly conversing with Junmyeon and Jongdae about something that has his eyes crinkling around the edges with laughter.

Soojung nursing her third piece of birthday cake as Jongin rubs her swollen belly. (Their baby should be due any day now)

Chanyeol carrying Haneul on his hip as he helps him unwrap his gifts, whispering to him as the two of them share a giggle.

 

Taemin catches Kyungsoo's eye across the room and winks at him, tipping his beer in salute to the man he loves.

 
 

“Perfect”, Kyungsoo thinks. “Absolutely perfect.”