the interview

How to Love a Girl

How to Love a Girl

chapter 4


 

 

Kyungsoo arranged a few papers on the table whilst biting a pencil on his mouth. It was a habit he carried along since he was eight. A young woman with curly locks happened to pass by. Kyungsoo stared at the girl whose skirt was dancing as she walked in a cheerful manner. His jaw dropped, making the pencil fall on the table.

“Ya, Do Kyungsoo. Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked.

Kyungsoo shook his head, “Yeah. I am.”

Chanyeol looked back and saw the girl with the curly locks. The girl was laughing together with Yeri and Joy. Chanyeol laughed at the pathetic director of EXO Short Film Company. Kyungsoo obviously liked Wendy. He was just too shy to express his feelings.

“Stop being such a cold man. That way, you’ll get her,” Chanyeol tutored him.

Kyungsoo hushed him and called everyone. It was time to get back to work. All the main scenes were finished a few days ago, except for the testimonies Baekhyun requested. The testimonies would open the whole short film, so it was really essential.

Tao and Chanyeol were assigned to interview two ladies from the Art Department. Chen and Lay were assigned to interview two ladies from the Social Sciences Department. Xiumin, Sehun and Kai were assigned to interview the Humanities Department. Baekhyun was assigned to pick and interview a famous campus couple. Kyungsoo was left with nothing but the remaining editing stuff to do. Lastly, Suho and Taeyeon were assigned to interview an old couple whose marriage lasted for more than a decade.

Baekhyun was too unfortunate to work alone this time. Kyungsoo knew he likes Taeyeon, but work is work. The slender guy just went on and interviewed Yoona and Donghae at a classroom inside the building.

 

Baekhyun: Okay, we’re now recording. Let me start with the first question. Yoona-ssi, how should a guy treat a girl?

Yoona: You mean… romantically?

Baekhyun: In any way.

Yoona: Well, boys should treat girls with respect! We’re like… the most sensitive individuals on earth especially that we go through a lot of things you guys shouldn’t go through. Boys must be really patient when it comes to girls because we are really changeable with our decisions.

Baekhyun: I see. Regardless of Donghae-ssi, what’s your ideal type?

Yoona: (looks at Donghae and laughs under her breath) Someone who’s really kind and understanding. I don’t really care about the looks because if that person has attitude, then I’ll accept you whatever you are. Get me?

Baekhyun: And it happened to be Donghae-ssi.

Yoona: Yeah. (smiles widely)

Baekhyun: Yoona-ssi, if you were the main character of this story… what would you do if you’re unsure of your feelings for your boyfriend?

Yoona: I’ll tell him honestly. We’ll take it slow then. I mean, you don’t want to rush something you want to last forever. Right? It’s always nice to slow it down, you know. Even if it means giving distance from each other.

Baekhyun: Donghae-ssi, what about you? What would you do if your girlfriend is unsure of her feelings for you?

Donghae: (chuckles and bites lip) Well…As a man, I’ll show her the reasons why she should be sure of me. I’d probably tweak a few things about me, so that she’ll be able to see a radiating light from me. (chuckles again) Seriously, though… I’d do anything to let her know that we’re going to be worth it.

(Yoona pinches Donghae’s arm)

Baekhyun: O..kay. Now, this question is for the two of you. How do you know that it’s already love?

(Yoona and Donghae looks at each other.)

Yoona: You just know it. One day, you’ll feel that rapidly beating heart and your mind will be filled with so many thoughts of that person. It’s like magic, actually. Like someone sprinkled star dust on your head. You know it’s love when you’re willing to suffer for that person without asking for anything in return.

Donghae: Did you feel that when you met me?

Yoona: Of course!

Donghae: Okay, okay. You know it’s love when you imagine your future with that person. Because it’s not only about the present time. It’s about the whole life you have ahead. The life you’re willing to share with that person. You know it’s love when you already include that person as one of the persons you can’t live without. You know it’s love when you’re willing to throw your last card for that person.

Baekhyun: Thank you so much. I’m sure our viewers would learn a lot from you guys. We’re going to edit this whole thing. And thank you for taking part of our shabby short film. We’re going to give you a copy as well.

Donghae: Share us your blessings if ever you win the grand prize.

Baekhyun: (laughs) Let’s just see.

 

How should a guy treat a girl?

 

Victoria: Is that even a question? (laughs)

Sulli: (laughs along) Well, respect her. Especially when she’s having her PMS or her period. And he should think of her first than himself.

Victoria: Right! Like for example, you’re sitting at a bus then you see this girl who just rode on the bus. Then there’s no more chairs and-

Sulli: For short, offer her the seat. Offer her your handkerchief when she’s crying. Offer her your water bottle after jogging with her. Offer her a ride home when you have a car. Offer her a tutorial on something she wants to learn. Offer her your life. Whether she’s a chick or not, be a gentleman.

Victoria: Yep. You see, even taxi drivers don’t stop for girls who look like they just had a root canal. But they stop for girls who wear super short skirts. Where’s the justice in that?!

Sulli:Feminism, alright!

 

Bomi: Treat her like a princess. Or treat her like everyday's her birthday.

Chorong: Boys tend to forget that often.

Bomi: Boys should at least be thoughtful to girls, you know. Compliment her.

Chorong: Give her gifts even if it's not a special day. Make her feel like she's really wanted in this world.

 

Wendy: Never ignore her. Especially the little things she does for you. I mean, it's really really hard to face a guy you like and then that guy just ignores the whole thought. How can boys be so numb?

Yeri: Don't worry about her. She's a bit crazy. You can cut that part.

Joy: But she actually has a point. Boys are prone to ignoring girls a lot. Especially if they feel that you're not worthy to be friends with. Something like that. You're just air to them.

Seulgi: Boys should prioritize girls, whether romantically or not.

Irene: Right. And they should offer her the best always. Do not give her the bad side of the cake.

 

Old woman: A guy should pay attention to the girl's eyes.

Suho: Why, granny?

Old woman: Because it's a way to the heart. A girl's eyes speak a lot of emotions.

 

 

When do you know that it's love?

 

Victoria: When you get trouble sleeping at night.

Sulli: When he's all you think about of in a lazy afternoon.

 

Bomi: When you can't survive a day without that person. When one little object reminds you of him immediately.

Chorong: When all the love songs make sense to you. When you feel bitter over dramas because you want to experience real love already.

 

Wendy: When you start accepting him regardless of the bad and the good.

Joy: When you're willing to jump off a cliff for that person! (laughs hard)

Yeri: (giggles) When you start thinking things too deeply.

Irene: When the world stops whenever you're with him. It's just the two of you. And it feels so special. Every second is special.

Seulgi: When you're separated from that person, you feel like a thousand years has already passed.

 

Old man: When you experience an unexplainable silence with that person. It's like all you can hear is your beating heart.

Old woman: That happened to us a lot. Until now.

 

The interview went really well for the boys. Right after that, Baekhyun hung out by himself with hands inside his pockets. He was thinking about Yoona and Donghae, wishing that their relationship would last forever. He wanted to have a relationship as bright as theirs, but he knew that he couldn't have one when the girl he loves is still in a romantic crisis.

Irene happened to pass by and waved at Baekhyun, "Hey, oppa."

"Hi. Were you interviewed by the peeps?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah. I know their motives. It's obvious that Kyungsoo likes Wendy. Seulgi has Kai. Sehun likes Joy. Xiumin likes Yeri. And me? Nobody likes me," Irene replied.

Baekhyun laughed, "You're right and you're wrong."

"How come?" the blondie folded her arms.

"You forgot about the person who wasn't there during your interview," Baekhyun pointed out.

"I don't care," Irene mumbled.

Just as they were talking, Suho and Taeyeon had just finished their interview with the old couple. They were happily walking around the school grounds when Irene and Baekhyun saw them. Irene looked at Baekhyun as if she's saying "See, that's why I don't care."

Baekhyun couldn't resist it. He doesn't want another opportunity to be wasted. Upon seeing Taeyeon's loose shoelaces, Baekhyun blocked their way and knelt down to tie her shoelaces. Taeyeon looked at him in awe. Suho was surprised. He saw Irene, but the shy girl walked away immediately.

Baekhyun stood up and felt his blood rise up towards his head. He looked at Taeyeon closely. They were just a few inches apart from each other. Taeyeon felt her heart beat rapidly as Baekhyun stared at her for more than a second.

"You better watch those laces. You might trip down the road," Baekhyun reminded her.


 

[A/N] Hi everyone! I noticed the upvotes hahaha. Thanks for the love :D I was supposed to update this on Baek's bday but I failed wth XD I hope everyone liked today's chapter. I updated the foreword and the playlist/soundtrack, but I'm not quite sure what songs I should add. Any suggestions? :)