Wanting To Be With You

Thantophobia [~]

 

'Thanks to him, I am able to have my life again like before.'

 

Hayoung turned around when the moment she heard the voice called for her name. A smile carved on her face immediately when her eyes caught the person in her sight before her legs walked to him. His arms were wide opened, waiting for a hug from her.

 

Hayoung wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up to meet her eyes with him. He pinched her nose, "Sorry for making you wait." She pouted, "I was about to leave just now."

 

"But you're here with me." He joked. She knew him very well. It has been almost two years they have been together ever since the tragedy happened in the past three years ago. He was there for her when she lost hope in her life. That was when she managed to feel alive again after realizing how he gave so much support for losing hope after losing her boyfriend, Kai.

 

There he was, Kim Joon Myeon. A guy who turned out to be her fiance almost for six months. She didn’t know why but she felt grateful enough to know him in the first place.

 

He witnessed how she struggled to move on after knowing about her lover.

 

He witnessed how she couldn’t survive without her boyfriend.

 

And he promised to himself to take care of her, upon seeing how she suffered too much. In fact, he fell for her right when he saw her after the tragedy. He knew she was someone that meant a lot in his life. Someone that managed to cheer his daily life with her smile. I'm pretty sure this is one of the reason why Kai fell for her, he thought in his mind  when Hayoung dragged him to his car.

 

"Come on, I'm hungry." Hayoung rubbed her tummy, whining how she had been waiting for him too long that her tummy growled. He smiled with her cuteness, "Sure. We'll go for lunch together."

 

"I want udon!" Hayoung spoke. Suho chortled and nodded his head. Her happy virus mood totally made his day. "Alright, sweetheart."

 

 

---

 

An old man in the middle of 50's looked through a window when he caught his son was laying down on a bench, resting while scrolling something in his smart phone. He walked out and went to his son. He saw his father was coming to him and he immediately sat up on the bench, keeping the phone in his pocket.

 

"Dad." He spoke, giving some space for the old man to sit on the bench. He took a deep breathe and patted on his son's thigh softly, "Tae Joon-ah, are you sure you're going to Seoul this weekend?"

 

Tae Joon lifted up his face to look at his father carefully. A smile was plastered on his face even though he knew that it was hard for his father to face the truth. He had been deciding to leave Daejeon in order to find a job and earn money for his father. He has been getting sick in the past few months ago and it was hard for him to be going to work and earn some money for their family. Besides, he had to afford for his daughter's college fees and there was no way Tae Joon was going to let his father worked hard. They had been living in Daejeon for almost a year after moving out from Busan. His father thought that living in Daejeon might be easier for his daughter to go to the college and he would get to see her often. He just couldn’t separate with his children. He loved them too much.

 

"I know this might be hard for you, but I have too." Tae Joon said, holding his father's hand firmly. Ever since his mother died in last two months ago, his father seemed to be lonely without his wife. Having his son and his daughter by his side was one of thing that he felt grateful enough.

 

"I'm promise, I'll earn some money for  you and Ji Eun. You don't have to worry. I'll get back here once in two weeks."

 

His father chortled and patted Tae Joon's shoulder a few times, feeling better to hear his words. Somehow, his heart felt bad to see the smile on his son's face and the way how he looked at his father.

 

"I think, I need to meet with the ahjussi at the farm. I told him that I'll be seeing him later. I'll be back before it's getting dark." Tae Joon grabbed a hat and wore it, leaving his father on the bench with a smile on his face. His father watched as he left their house.

 

By then, he heard footsteps coming from their house. It was his daughter, Ji Eun. She brought a cup of tea and blinked her eyes when her was nowhere to be seen. "Eoh? Where's Tae Joon oppa?"

 

"He left to meet with the owner of the farm." He replied and took the cup from his daughter before she took a seat beside her father. The old man took a sip of the drink slowly. He saw Ji Eun was staring at him and he took a glance at her.

 

"Why? What's with that look?" He asked, curiously. He put down the cup beside him as he saw how Ji Eun looked like she wanted to ask something. "Nothing."

 

"Tell me, Ji Eun. I know there's something you want to say." He spoke. Ji Eun had been wanting to ask about it but she never had the chance or any guts to ask such a question to her father, especially when it comes about her brother.

 

"Dad…" "Hm?"

 

"When are we going to tell him the truth?" Her question made him to sigh heavily. He knew she wanted to know so badly. Besides, he has been feeling guilty ever since Tae Joon came into their life. Not even once, they ever mentioned to him about his identity, how did he ended up living with them, how did they found him and how did he end up having 'Tae Joon' as his name.

 

"I don't know. I'm not ready to tell him yet."

 

"But, dad. He deserves to know. It has been three years ever since you found him near the beach."

 

"I'm scared he's going to hate me for keeping it from him. I can't lose him."

 

Ji Eun took her father's hand and held it tightly, "It's not your fault. You had to do this for the sake of everyone. For the sake of him and mom, too." Ji Eun's voice cracked to remember about her mother who died because of lung cancer. She couldn’t describe how happy she was to see Tae Joon in their life.

 

 

[September 2012; A day after the accident happened]

 

An old man walked along the beach after he went out for fishing by himself in the middle of the sea with his right hand held a pail filled with fishes. It has been like his routine to be going out by himself and went for fishing during weekend. His lips curled upwards to think how his wife and his daughter would love to have it for their dinner.

 

As he walked along the beach while humming to his favorite song, his eyes caught something weird about a few meters from the place he was standing. He tried to fix his spectacles and made sure that he wasn’t wrong when his mind thought that a figure was laying near the beach, without moving.

 

"….What is that?" He questioned himself and moved closer even though he was a bit scared to know more especially when he was alone at there. Bad thoughts filled in his mind. What if it was just a prank for someone old like him? Some of the teenagers could really love to pull pranks on anyone, these days.

 

The old man hesitate at first but just when he was standing a bit closer, his eyes grew wide to see a young guy laid with wounds and bloods dripping on the side of his face.

 

He gasped and almost dropped the pail in his hand. He quickly went to the young man and held him in his arms. "Young man, are you alright?" He tried to shake his body a few times but he was too weak to answer for his question. The young man's eyes were slightly opened as he saw the old man's face in his sight even though his vision was a bit blurry.

 

"….Do you hear me?" The old man asked him again but the guy wasn’t able to speak properly as he was mumbling something. He knew that he had to help the young guy after seeing how he had a few wounds on his body. He tried to look around for help but there was no one who happened to pass by at the beach.

 

"I'll…I'll bring you with me. We'll go to the hospital." He spoke and helped to make the guy to sit, carefully without causing any injuries. He didn’t know why but he really had to help the young guy after seeing him in that condition and right from that moment, he wanted to take care of him and he knew that there must be a reason why he was the only one to be noticing him, laying near by the beach.

 

Ji Eun was staying at home with her mother, preparing for dinner before her father get back home. She heard her phone rang when she was busy washing the dishes. She wiped her hands and quickly reached for her cell phone to answer a call from her father.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Yes, dad."

 

"…I…I will go there with mom." Ji Eun replied replied and hung up the phone call. Her mother turned around to look at her daughter while holding a plate, wondering what bothered her daughter until her face expression changed. "What's wrong, Ji Eun-ah?"

 

"Dad told us to go to the hospital. There's something he needs to tell us."

 

Ji Eun and her mother hurriedly when to one of the nearest hospital. The hospital wasn’t that big compared the ones in town. It was the only hospital located near the village, somewhere in Busan. Ji Eun went to search for her father, with her mother followed from behind, wondering what would make him asked for them to be to the hospital. Could it be something happened? None of them knew about it until Ji Eun found her father who wondered back and forth.

 

"Dad!" She called and the old man was a bit surprised with her daughter's voice. Both of them ran to the old man and Ji Eun panted as she reached her father, "What's wrong?"

 

"Yeobo-ah, are you alright? Did you get hurt?" His wife asked, worriedly with her eyes trailed up and down to check her husband but he shook his head, "Nothing happened on me. It's just that….I…."

 

"What happened? Why are you here?" Ji Eun shot another question. The old man sighed, "…I found a young man laid near by the beach. I brought him here."

 

"….And?" His wife asked again, getting curious. The old man couldn’t continue anymore as he pulled his wife's hand and they entered a ward where the young man was resting in there. He needed to show them about what he had seen before. He wanted to make sure he wasn’t wrong for thinking that the person that he found earlier doesn’t resemble to his late son.

 

The moment when his wife and Ji Eun reached near the bed and saw the guy laid on it, his wife gasped. Looking shocked to see him in her sight. Ji Eun froze for a moment to witness it. She shook her head. This can't be. There's no way he looks like Tae Joon oppa. My brother is dead, she thought.

 

"This guyㅡ" Her father couldn’t continue to finish his words when his wife went to reach for the guy. Tears rolled down on her cheeks as she held his hand, "…Tae Joon-ah. I know you're still alive. I miss you. Where have you been?" She asked even though he was still in a deep sleep. The old man felt sorry for having to bring his wife. He didn’t know why, he thought that he needed to bring them to see him.

 

Ji Eun turned around, "Why did you bring us here? Who is he? Dad…"

 

"He's suffering amnesia."

 

"What?" Ji Eun's eyes were pooled with tears. She couldn’t endure it to see her mother kept crying and thinking it was her son. She knew her mother wasn’t able to move on yet after her brother died.

 

"Mom is going to think Tae Joon oppa is alive. You shouldn’t do this to her."

 

"I'm going to help this guy. We have to help him."

 

"But, how? We don’t know where did he come from. We know nothing about him."

 

"Ji Eun-ah, just for this time, let us do something for your mom. You know what the doctor told us before about her health condition."

 

Ji Eun froze with her father's words. He was right. Her mother suffered a lot after her brother death and she kept hoping she would die instead and wanted to give up with her life. Besides, she had been suffering with the lung cancer and reached the critical stage. There was a little hope for her. She already lose her beloved brother and there was no way she was going to lose her mother, too. Ji Eun shifted her eyes to look at her mother who started to caress the guy's head with a smile carved on her face. Maybe there's a reason why dad found him.

 

"He lost his memories when I brought him here. He doesn’t even remember his name. I talked with the doctor just now. He needed more rest." Her father explained. He sighed heavily. "What should we do?"

 

"We will have to let him stay with us. As Lee Tae Joon. For the sake of your mother's health."

 

 

---

 

 

Her biological brother, Tae Joon, was found dead and drown when he went for fishing in the middle of the sea with his friends. It took a few days for them to find his dead body. But, her mother couldn’t face the truth to lose her only son and it gave her too much pain. She didn’t get enough sleep, getting much skinnier and skipped most of her meals just because of her brother's death. There was nothing could be done for her mother to relieve the pain in her heart. It broke Ji Eun's heart a lot to see how her mother suffered a lot.

 

She remembered how her father found a guy who laid near the beach, with wounds everywhere on his face and body. He did brought him to the hospital and somehow, he resembled to his late son a bit. That was when he decided to take care of him when a doctor found out he suffered amnesia and wasn’t able to remember his name.

 

Besides, her mother seemed to get much better ever since they took the guy and named him as Lee Tae Joon, instead. Until now, they weren't able to tell him the truth that he wasn’t from the Lee's family. Her mother died with the thought of having her son stayed beside her until her last breathe. That hurt Ji Eun a lot when she had to lie to her, for the sake of her health.

 

Tears rolled down on her cheeks to remember everything that happened in the past few years ago. Her father seemed to know what was bothering her mind and he pulled her closer to him, embracing his daughter before caressing her head. "I'm sorry, Ji Eun-ah."

 

Hearing those words from her father, she sobbed and hugged her father more tighter. It wasn’t her father's fault after all. She knew he wanted the best for everyone.

 

 

Ha Young walked back and forth to check every details of her paper works with her teammates and wanted to make sure they weren't doing it wrong. It has been almost a year and half she got a job to work with an event management company. She carefully examined and made a last check of her paper work before it was going to be sent to her leader.

 

She took a seat on a chair and leaned against it when she had done sending the paper works. Ha Young massaged her sore foot for walking too much with her high heels. She had never been that hard-working before this and having to handle of a big event made her to get busier day by day. She sighed before someone helped to handed her coffee.

 

Ha Young looked up and smiled to see her teammate was standing beside her table, winking charmingly. "You look horrible with those eye bags. I bought you coffee." He said, taking a sip of his drink as he sat grabbed a chair to sit with her.

 

"Thanks, Sehun-ah. You know me very much. And, please, I'm not that horrible with these eye bags." She pointed below her eyes and Sehun chortled to hear her words. He had been a good friend to her ever since they went for interview together. At first, she hated him for being annoying on their first met and how he was being confident enough about getting the big chance to get a job in that company, compared to her. But, Ha Young didn’t let those words made her to give up. It made him to get shocked how both of them ended to be in the same department; as one team.

 

"You're really something. You get engaged with a doctor even though you're not that pretty compared to my ex-girlfriend."

 

"Why are you comparing me to your ex-girlfriend? She's your 'ex' after all, dude."

 

"Because I like her. Even though she cheated on me." He said, sadly.

 

"And you still think about her? Psh. You're weird."

 

Sehun pouted cutely, hoping it worked on Ha Young but she didn’t look at him. She grabbed a file and looked through it. Sehun's eyes wandered around to make sure no one was there closer with them. He leaned in to whisper something.

 

"Do you want to know about the latest gossips?"

 

Ha Young wasn’t making any eye-contact with him and continued to do her works, "No."

 

"I heard that our team leader went out last night with Mr. Park."

 

"Which Mr. Park?"

 

"The one that looks like a pig and scolds everyone for being late a minute more than him."

 

Ha Young's eyes grew wide to hear how Sehun said another team's leader who looked like a pig. She grabbed a magazine on the left side of her table and rolled it, knocking on his head. Sehun winced in pain, "Yah!"

 

"You're crazy. What if she hears us?"

 

"She won't."

 

"And how you can be sure about that?"

 

Sehun smirked and eyed their team leader's desk. There was no one. Perhaps, she went out somewhere and left her place. "She already left for a date with him."

 

"You're such a psycho stalker. You know everything that she did."

 

"I am." Sehun proudly said it and pushed his chair back to his desk, showing a face that made Ha Young to get annoyed whenever she saw it. That guy and his attitude. I wonder why he can turned out to be a good friend of mine, she thought alone before her phone vibrated. She received a message and quickly grabbed her phone to read the message from the owner. It was from her fiance, Suho.

 

Suho: I get to go back home early today. Maybe we should go for a date somewhere, tonight. I'll pick you up later when you have finished with your works. See you later, Youngie~

 

Ha Young's smile was plastered on her face and replied to the message immediately. They rarely get to spend time together for a date. She felt a figure was peeking from behind. She turned around and saw Sehun's face was smiling like an idiot, "Someone is going for a date with her beloved doctor."

 

"Shut up." Ha Young replied while rolling her eyes. Sehun knew very much how to annoy his friend.

 

---

 

It was a great night with the cold breeze brushed against Ha Young's skin as she walked along with Suho beside her at the Han River. She missed it. It was like one of her precious chance to be spending her time with him. Suho saw how she tried to hug herself because of the coldness. He took of his jacket and wrapped it around her.

 

Ha Young looked up to look at his good-looking face. He smiled, "You'll catch cold." "Thanks….oppa."

 

Suho eyed her, "You know, you should wear something that cover yourself more. Avoid wearing skirts. You're going to get sick." He noticed the light orange skirt that she wore that night, revealing her milky skin legs with a white high heels. She giggled and walked closer with him, "You care about me too much."

 

"Of course. That's because you're my fiancee and I love you." He spoke and she froze a moment with his words. Those three last words made her to feel something in her heart.

 

Suho stopped walking when she wasn’t responding to his words and her mind seemed to flew somewhere else.

 

Ha Young grasped onto his jacket tightly. She had been hearing him saying that he loved her many times even before they get engaged but not even once she felt something in her heart. It was true that she liked him. But, it wasn’t the same way like how she used to feel before.

 

Like how she loved Kai.

 

It seemed like she felt nothing for him.

 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Suho asked, noticing her getting different with his words. Ha Young immediately snapped back to the reality and shook her head, "N…Nothing." With then, she carved a bitter smile for him.

 

Suho knew her very well. But he never showed it to her how he felt bad to know that she doesn’t feel the same way. He knew that it was more like one-sided love. It was hard for him to replace Kai's place in heart even when he tried so hard to win for it many times. What can I do to make you love me the same way as I did?, he thought in his mind and saw Ha Young took his hand. "Let's go. You promised me that we're going somewhere else."

 

Suho nodded, "Yeah. Let's go."

 

He thought that it might took a few times for her to move on after the tragedy. Even if it hurts him a bit, he wouldn’t mind. As long as he get to stay by her side, it was more than enough. Getting to see her smile again made him felt much better. There would be a time when she would love him like he always did.

 

 

 


 

I'm back since I'm currently having my semester break ^3^