That Tragedy (E)

Thantophobia [~]

 

 

 

 

 

It was raining heavily on Saturday night with the sound of the rain drops on the transparent glass of a window in a room.

 

There she was, staring out through the window and watched as the drops of the liquid on her window rolled down. Her eyes showed how much she had been suffering a lot in the past.

 

A tragedy that happened on her in a few years ago; it was still fresh in her mind.

 

That tragedy...

 

That tragedy was the moment when she lost someone important in her life.

 

Someone who wouldn’t be coming back in her life to stay by her side, embracing her in his arms.

 

Their memories together were locked in her mind and there's no way she would forget it easily ever since they had been in a relationship for a few years.

 

She never thought that she would lose him in her life.

 

But, deep in her heart, she wished that he was still alive.

 

 

---

 

[September 2012]

 

Ha Young was looking out through the window while sitting at the co-driver seat in a car. She took a glance of her boyfriend, Kai. They are in a relationship almost for three years ever since they were in high school. She was glad that they got the chance to be studying in the same college and there would be a lot of time for them to spend together.

 

They planned to go for a picnic and fishing, after having a hectic day in the college. Kai knew very well how she struggled with her assignments and group projects.

 

Ha Young could see trees were on the left and right side of the road when Kai drove his car to their destination. She could see the beautiful sea that caught her attention and carved a smile to see the scenery, "It's….beautiful."

 

Kai eyed her and carved a smile with his left hand gripped on the steering wheel, "That's why I'm bringing you to this place. I know you're going to love it." He grabbed her hand and held it tightly while he was focusing on the road.

 

"I can't wait to graduate," she spoke and leaned against the seat with her hand caressed on the top of his hand softly. He smiled, "Why?"

 

"I'm going to get a job and do well for my parents. And most importantly…." She stared at him before continued, "….to get married with someone that I love."

 

Kai laughed over her words and his hand found his way to ruffle her head, "You're going to marry me for real?"

 

"Of course. I'm saying yes for now. Don't make me change my mind."

 

"Well, what if we're not going to get married for real?" He teased Ha Young with his words. She knew he was joking but it totally made her feel bad over it to think how they had spent their time together for three years and what if in the end, they wouldn’t be getting married.

 

She glared at him, "Are you saying that you're cheating on me?"

 

Kai gasped, "Of course not! There's no way I'm having other girl beside you." "You better keep me in your heart or you're going to regret for the rest of your life for cheating on me."

 

She was startled when Kai grabbed her hand and he placed it on his chest. She could feel how his heart was beating so hard and his eyes were on his girlfriend, "Even if I have to die, you will always own this heart, Oh Ha Young."

 

She slapped on his chest slightly and pouted, "I told you not to talk about death." She heard he was giggling because of her words, "Sorry. I wanted to describe how much I love you. That’s all."

 

When the moment he turned his head to focus on the road, there was a dog crossed the road. "NO, KAI!" She screamed and Kai turned his steering immediately for being too shocked with the sudden appearance of the dog on the road.

 

The car went to the other side of the road and the only thing she could see was another car coming, crashing with their car before they were pushed to the side of the road; hitting the divider and a big tree.

 

The pain in her head was too painful and she couldn’t see clearly in front her. Her vision started to become blurry. Blood covered her face and everywhere on her body. She tried her best to turn to look at her side to find Kai.

 

She needed to see if Kai was still alright.

 

She wanted him to tell her that they would going to be alright.

 

But, he wasn’t beside her.

 

"….K…Kai.." She called out for his name, almost whispering as she had started to feel weak with the hard impact from the accident. All she could see was the car door on his side was wide opened.

 

There was no way he fell off from the car.

 

The next thing she knew, she couldn’t see anything when her vision changed to black; just when she felt her eyes  closed.

 

 

---

 

"Check her blood pressure!" A guy who wore a white coat which was one of the medical teams said to his assistants when they pushed a young lady into the emergency unit. A few doctors and nurses were surrounding around the bed to make sure she was in her stable condition.

 

"Sunbae! Her blood pressure dropped!" One of his juniors said when he saw the monitor that displayed her blood pressure started to drop.

 

"She lost too much blood." The head of the team said while he tried his best to save her life. He knew that her parents might be hoping the best for her daughter's life.

 

 

It took about four hours for the surgery to be finished on the young lady. From the outside of the operation room, her parents were sitting there, hoping and wishing the best for their only daughter. They were so shocked, because of the accident.

 

Meanwhile on the other side, a woman was crying ever since she received the news about her son. Her husband tried his best to comfort his wife even though it was hard for him to accept the truth.

 

"….I can't imagine if Kai dies. I can't…" His mother cried as she was sobbing hardly. Knowing that his son was nowhere to be found, it was like another bad news for her. The policemen tried their best to find a way to search for their only son.

 

His father bit his bottom lip and embraced his wife in his arms, "He is going to be alright. They are going to find him soon."

 

D.O and Chanyeol who has been good friends with Kai and Ha Young seemed to be shocked with the news that happened on both of them. They knew that the tragedy that happened was really serious when Kai was nowhere to be found.

 

Hayoung's parents saw the doctor came out from the operation room as he took off his mask. He knew that Ha Young's parents would be waiting to ask him with lots of question about their daughter's condition.

 

He stopped in front both of them and took a deep breathe. Kai's parents were trying to listen to the doctor, along with D.O and Chanyeol who waited for him to tell them, patiently. Even though Kai was missing, they  still care about Ha Young since Mr. and Mrs. Kim has been treating her like their own daughter. There was no way they are going to neglect her when she's involved in the accident along with their beloved son.

 

"How is she? Is my Ha Young alright?" Mrs. Oh shot him a question with her husband trying to hold her tightly, preparing to hear any bad news.

 

"She's alright. We managed to save her. But, she's still in critical condition. We will be observing her condition until she's already stable enough to be transferred to a regular room ." He stated as he eyed all of them.

 

"Can we see her?" Mr. Oh asked. He really wished to see his daughter's condition and be by her side. "For now, I'll allow the family to see her. Once she's in stable condition, the others are allowed to see her."

 

He bowed to them and left. Ha Young's mother felt her knees became weak to think about her daughter's condition. Her husband tried his best to hold his wife and comfort her. D.O and Chanyeol were too speechless with the current condition of their good friend.

 

One of their friends was missing and another one was in critical condition.

 

They could only hope the best for both of them; hoping that a good miracle would happen again.

 

 

---

 

"Suho-ssi." A tall guy with a white coat and dark brown hair called him when he saw his junior was heading toward his way while holding a clipboard of his patient in his hand. Suho looked up to see his senior was standing not far from him and he immediately bowed as a respect.

 

"Sunbaenim." Suho spoke. He saw the name tag on the white coat of the guy; Choi Siwon, his senior ever since he started his career as a doctor in the hospital and having him as the head of their medical team.

 

"I need your help." Siwon spoke when he eyed Suho and the way he was looking at him, Suho knew that he really needed his help. It wasn’t a first time for him to ask for Suho's help even though he had been working as a doctor almost a year.

 

"What is it, sunbae?" Suho asked, wanting to know more. Siwon handed him a clipboard that he held in his hand to Suho, "I'm letting you to handle our patient who is currently in the ICU, Oh Ha Young."

 

"Oh Ha Young?"

 

"Yes. She's in critical condition for now. I need you to monitor her condition. Is that alright?" Siwon asked. He knew that Suho could do it since he was considered as one of a great doctor who just graduated. Suho nodded his head after he read all of the information of the patient.

 

"Sure, Sunbae. I'll handle her." He said, with a smile carved on his face.

 

 

 

 

It has been almost for a week ever since the accident happened on Ha Young. There was no good news about her when everyone has been waiting for her to be conscious. Kai was still missing even though they had tried to find him everywhere, near with the accident that happened on both of them. The detectives tried to search for him if he ever fell into the sea, but there was nothing.

 

Suho, who was in charge to handle her, has been recording any changes on his patient. Her parents were told to go back home first since Suho has been seeing them spending their time to wait for her. He convinced them many times that he would be taking care of their daughter and would inform them about her condition. He just wanted her parents to get enough rest first before coming back to see their daughter again.

 

He checked the blood pressure and her pulse rate to make sure everything was alright. By then, his eyes landed on her figure. How she looked totally pale and being unconscious for a long time.

 

"You need to be awake soon, Ha Young-ssi. Your love ones are waiting for you. It's sad to see how they're crying and hoping for you to be back again," Suho spoke as if she was listening to his words. It was like one of the usual thing that he would do when he was checking her condition every single day.

 

"I heard from your mom that your boyfriend is still missing and nowhere to be found," he continued when he stood beside her bed. His lips curled upwards slightly to see her face. He didn’t know why but he felt bad to think how she has been suffering because of the accident.

 

Once she's awake, she has to face with the reality that she might be losing her lover…

 

Slowly, Suho was about to leave before his eyes caught her fingers started to move a bit. He froze and shifted his gaze to look at her face.

 

Her eyes were started to open slightly and he could hear her breathing through the oxygen mask. He went to her and checked her condition. He smiled, "Ha Young-ssi, you're awake. Can you hear me?"

 

Ha Young couldn’t response with his question. Her vision was too blurry when she tried to look at the face of the person who was standing beside her bed. Tears welled up in her eyes even though she couldn’t see his face clearly.

 

"….Kai…" Was the only word she said.

 

Suho didn’t get to hear her very well and pressed a button beside the bed and made a call. He knew that he needed his team members help when knowing that Ha Young was conscious. A wide smile was carved on his face to know that his patient has finally awake.

 

Ha Young heard the voice very well when the person was making a call to his team member. It was a voice that she never heard before and knowing about that, she realized that the guy wasn’t the person that she was hoping for.

 

 

The person who owned her heart, wasn’t staying by her side. It was someone else.

 

 


 

Hope you guys enjoyed with the first chapter. TQ for reading :)