Chapter 36

But I Want To Be More Than Friends!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I said I love you."

Irene announced demurely, clasping her palm against her chest as if to display her utmost sincerity and finished it off with a sickeningly sweet smile. He had to say yes, noone could resist Irene in her demure, girlish glory.

But all Chanyeol did in response was to frown at her in silence.

Maybe he can't believe his luck. "Oppa, I said I love you-" Irene raised her voice louder, widening her glossed smile at Chanyeol.

"I heard you the first time." Chanyeol replied, his brow furrowing in confusion. "But you shouldn't confess, I already like someone else. And you don't even know me well."

"There's someone else?" Irene screeched, leaving Chanyeol to wince at the sudden change in tone. "I mean, wait, oppa, who is it?"

Chanyeol's face returned back to its default cheery grin. "My deskmate in class, Shim Raerin."

Irene's expression turned dark, but she saw it coming. Shim Raerin? Not that girl again!

"If that's all, I'm going to leave now. Take care. I"m really sorry."

Chanyeol bowed slightly before Irene, but she could barely hear him through her rage.

Everytime I have my sights set on a guy, he likes Shim Raerin. What's it to that girl anyway!? She's just a nobody... 

"Wait." Irene exhaled firmly and she heard his footsteps halt. "You think Raerin likes you back?"

He cocked an eyebrow, a pleasant smile playing on his lips. "I hope so. I know so."

Irene hid a tightly-balled fist behind her back. "Oppa, I didn't want to tell you..." She shook her head sadly. "But Raerin's only interested in you because of your sudden popularity."

Chanyeol looked taken aback at this, but there was a dash of anger and indignance in his expression. "What? That's not true at all!"

Irene pressed on, spurred on by his attention on her words, ignoring him blatantly when he tried to interrupt midway. "Remember when you were a loner in your class? Raerin chose to hang out with Kyungsoo over you for lunch, even though she could have chose to go with you since you're deskmates, am I right?"

"And now after that band gig where you played in front of the school, you're beginnning to be accepted... If she star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter