001

Mood for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As you walk out of the movie theater you had two thoughts in mind: It's getting late and It's cold. It was a cold February Sunday, the night of Valentine's Day. You didn't really care, though. Most couples your age would go out on dates and make cute little overflowing gifts– but you didn't have a boyfriend and you weren't desperate for one, unlike most of the other single teenagers. You zip up your jacket all the way to your neck and shove your hands in your pocket as you started to head home. Yes, you were rich; but you didn't want people to take you to the movies a mile away in a limo. That's ridiculous. As you walk past the gas station, you notice a homeless man sitting in the corner trying warm up. You had bittersweet feelings for homeless people. You pitied them but at the same time it's their fault why they're broke. You bring your feet to a stop as you rummage through your bag, looking for either some food or some money. Fishing out five bucks, you hand the man the cash. The man greatfully took the cash. You smile and he mirrors you, except that his teeth are rotten and crooked. "Use it wisely." You say, staring to walk away. Just then, the man got a firm hold of your slim wrist, not letting go. "Say," the man wheezed through his teeth. "Aren't you too young to be walking out alone like this?" 

You forcefully pull your wrist away, "I'm 17." The man grimaced and slowly stood up. "Uh huh. And aren't you that one rich man's daughter? What's his name, Byunghee?" You knew that if you told him you were his daughter, he would for sure mug you. You scoff, blowing your bangs out of the way. "And what makes you say that?" The man didn't answer you. Instead, he snatched your bag and started running away with it. You didn't bother to stop him, because you knew that he needed the money more than you did. You leaned against the pole of one of the pillars, wacthing him run down the street, grinning to himself. Suddenly, two black figures popped out of nowhere and appeared in front of him. One figure punched him square in the jaw. The other, took the bag from him. After leaving the homeless man stranded on the street, the one figure ran up to you, and you knew who it was. Standing before you was Kim Taehyung, one of the dorkiest person you have ever met. He was panting hard, resting his hands on his knees. The other figure–whom you knew as well– came running up to you. He was Jeon Jungkook. You can't really describe Jungkook. He has many different personalities. After catching his breath, Jungkook flashed a goofy grin and handed over your possession. "Thanks." You said, taking you bag from him. "Say," Jungkook says in between breaths, "Why are you out here alone?" 

"It's because I went to see a movie alone." You replied, watching the two yawn from exhaust. "What?!" Taehyung exclaims, "You went to the movies, without me?" You shrug, acting like it wasn't a big deal. "You're terrible when it comes to movies, Tae. You can't sit still for even five minutes." 

"Why are we even standing here?" Jungkook asks, shivering from the cold. "Let's find something to eat." So the three of you started to head to a nearby fastfood restaurant. "Did you see me, Seo? I totally knocked that guy's teeth out!" Taehyung exclaims, proud of his actions. You didn't really like the fact that Taehyung punched someone for just trying to get some money, but you stay quiet. "Jungkook here missed out on the action. You just stood there." Taehyung teased, pointing a finger a him. "What? I took the bag from him though! I did something!" Jungkook protests. Jungkook always hated it when Taehyung . But at the same time, he liked it. "You're a baby. Baby Jungkookie." Taehyung shouted, then grabbing Jungkook into a headlock. You watch in amusement as Taehyung ruffles Jungkook's hair with his knuckes while Jungkook flails his arms. At times like these, these are your favorite memories. Just the three of you, hanging out. Horsing around. Being kids. Taehyung and Jungkook are like Tom and Jerry: They always fight– well, in front of you they do– but when you're not there with them, they'd act like real brothers. Sometimes the quarrels are so big, you'd have to step in and mediate their problems. 

"Stop it, Taehyung or I swear to God.." Jungkook hisses. Jungkook tries so hard to grab Taehyung's neck to strangle him, but keeps on failing. "Aww, look at him! He's so chubby like a baby! Our little Jungkookie~" Taehyung co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter