Friends, It Really Is A Luxury (Tiffany POV)

Monday's With Tiffany

I don't remember exactly how we met, all I know is that we were close almost instantly.

Her name was Kim Taeyeon, she had a lot going for her. She had nothing but sucess on her mind. She knew where she was going too. The way she held herself told you she was an impressive person.

Our time was spent mostly in art school together. I was a painter, she was a singer, a 'vocalist' I've never seen someone work so hard for something in their life. When I asked her about it all she told me was "Strive for progress not perfection."

I didn't question anything she said, I just went along with it. I often stayed after late so I could watch her at her late night sessions in the studio. One day, out of nowhere she said something off the wall.

"You're a very strong person." She said quaintly and plainly.

"Me?" I asked.

"Yes you, you don't ask for anything from anyone, you just do what you want and don't expect anything to happen. That's strength." She said.

"I asked you to be my friend." I pointed out.

"But I wanted to be friends too, that was coincidence." She smiled.

I smiled back and playfully shoved her, "Thanks friend."

"No problem." She said, "Now that that's out of the way, I have bad news."

"You know I hate bad news..."I said carefully.

"Don't we all?" She asked.

"Some people thrive in it." I said, it was true too. Some people, so long as something bad is happening, they find life more easy to get through.

"That's a rarity, I'm leaving."

"Leaving the school?"

"Yup and everything else too."

"Everything else?"

She explained it to me as carefully as possible: This town was simply getting too old for her. Her grandparents had grown up here, the city was boring her. She was was planning to move to a bigger city in order to fufill her dream as a singer, she wanted to do everything right, but HER own way.

"I can't afford to leave..." I said.

"But you can afford to be who you want to be most."

Those were the last words she said to me before she left.

I didn't feel like shoving the fact that I couldn't keep anyone I enjoy around long enough in my parent's face. So I didn't tell them I was officially on my own again.

As soon as I graduated I went to an art dealer and began planning out my future as an artist. They laughed, telling me that my positive attitude would get me far in the art business. My enthusiasm was fake indeed, but then I realzed something.

If I was going to be miserable, it wasn't going to drag everyone else down like I wanted it to. It was only going to drag me down myself.

So I made myself happier, by painting all the time. When I had a lot of paintings at my disposal, I made more money. There was a bigger chance they would buy something if they had more to choose from right? Right! So the first few months I sold good, very good. I was happy and I was almost never home.

Soon the woman whose room I was renting, died. I mourned her, she was a nice old woman who let me, a dirty street artist, into her home. I painted a special piever in her honor. It sold for a handsome price, and I decided I needed to find a new place to live.

I wanted an apartment, close to the art gallery where I sold my paintings. So I got to work quickly. And then I arrived at the building...

It was old indeed, but beautiful none the least. I smiled at the worn bricks on the outside, the hall was drafty as soon as I stepped in. The real estate agent wasn't helping.

"Is it possible for it to be colder in here than it is outside?!" He tightened his coat and motioned to the stairs, "No elevators..."

I shrugged and began the trek up to the floor where an apartment was available.

Within a week I was moved in. Everything I owned placed nicely in the small apartment.

Then the depression started. The value in art had gone down, no one was interested in paintings anymore. Only sculptures made from precious metals were worth anything. I lost a substantial amount of money. I didn't have time to take a secon job, art was my primary cause.

So I began working my hardest on that, painting as much as possible. It soon became a chore to me. So I backed off a bit.

And then I met Sooyoung...

And maybe then was when I realized that friendship is truly a luxury.

And later after I had met Sooyoung, you know how it went, I was lying in bed thinking about Taeyeon and I.

"Taeyeon's my name singing is my game!"

"That's a wonderful talent to have..." I said

"So is painting!" She giggled, "What do you paint?"

"Anything really, anything I can."

"Is it like a venting process for you?" Taeyeon blinked.

"Hehe yeah." I smiled.

"Like singing is for me!" She smiled proudly.

"Why do you think that is?" I rested my chin on my hands, her bubbly personality began making me curious immediatly.

We had a shared world and I never wanted to leave it.

And for a few hours that night I wondered if I could reach that level of friendship with Sooyoung.

Maybe?

I didn't usually ask myself such silly questions. I was Tiffany Hwang, the girl who had run away from home to get away from something she couldn't control anyway.

Let it be. That's what I told myself. The fact that I met someone new wasn't easy on my heart. It made it feel heavy, like when Taeyeon and I became friends and she left. I think I was afraid to feel like a friend with Sooyoung.

When that thought ran through my mind I decided I'd just have to pull a Taeyeon. I was going to act like I knew everything I needed to know, and eventually, people would start to believe. And when they began to believe, I would believe it too.
 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry guys! Holidays were very busy! ^__^;; *bows*

Announcements:

I will be updating as much as possible this month, because winter is ending! Winter is my favorite season and I'm sad to see my dear friend leave! I've gotten several friend requests and I think some of them may be readers! So hi there! Feel free to talk to me any time!

Comment Replies Next Chapter!

Happy Winter My Lovely Readers!

Your Author Loves you!

♥, Lauren! :)