Been There All Along

Monday's With Tiffany

At first I considered myself stuck with her. It seemed as though she was just sent to me to make me feel worse about my life on a larger scale. But looking back now, she was stuck with me, she didn't have to stay around but she did. And then I was in her debt. Damn.

Until I was less of a pessimistic cave dweller, I was convinced that Tiffany was nothing but a curse. I bet her apartment was all nice and organized. I don't know why this made me so upset at the time.

She invited me over for dinner. It felt weird. Especially since the only person I hung out with outside of work was Jessica. Speak of the devil.

"Why are you so dressed up?" Jessica walked into my apartment without knocking.

"Knock much?" I asked.

"No necessary" She shot back.

"I've been invited to dinner, by that girl that annoys you so."

"Is she going to devour your soul? Or do something so you'll never sleep again?" She asked.

"You don't have a soul for her to devour." I pointed out.

She rolled her eyes and took a Coke from my fridge, "Whatever, have fun on your dinner date."

"Bye." And she left just as quickly as she had come. That's the thing about Jessica, you never know when she's going to appear.

I stood in front of her door for maybe ten minutes. I didn't know what to say or how to knock without seeming like the angry person I was.

So I held up my hand and let it fall against the door. Ooh like that sound. So I repeated three or four times.

She came to the door. Her face splattered with paint.

"New look?" I muttered.

"No," She laughed stepping away from the doorknob, "Come on in."

And so I, Choi Sooyoung, didn't wait for someone to take the first step. For the first time I didn't wait and watch it happen to someone else. I think Tiffany helped me do that from the first day. This shows you how powerful her influnece was.

I walked in and looked at everything. Things were strewn across the floor. Paint brushes, water color pads, various jars filled with gross colored water, canvases.

"Wow." I said.

"I know I don't really clean up!" Tiffany seemed panicked and she began kicking things to the side, except the jars of water, which she gently pushed them together into a hideous aray of rainbow colors and put them to the side and under a tarp.

The hard wood was covered in paint. I saw some swipes with straight lines where she had run off the page. I saw splats from her putting too much paint on her brush. I saw the weird round shapes from her dropping the brushes.

I noticed one lone picture frame on top of a bookshelf that held her paints.

"Who's this?" I asked, it was Tiffany and another girl in the picture. The other girl was smiling brightly next to Tiffany.

"Oh!" She smiled using a torn rag to wipe some paint off her hands, "That's my friend Taeyeon, we went to school together! She lives in another city working on her vocals."

"Vocals?" I didn't know that was a degree.

"Yeah she's a singer, she's worked with a lot of teachers and now she's trying to launch a career." She set the rag down letting her whole arm go limp, "It's a hard business, but no one can do it the way Taeyeon does."

Another girl who loved what she did even though it was hard? What was wrong with these people? I couldn't even fathom the thought of doing something that didn't benefit me right then and there.

"That's cool." I set the frame down, I was hoping I'd get to meet Taeyeon some day.

"Yeah maybe you can meet her someday." Dammit, I hate it when it seems like people are reading my mind by coincidence.

After dinner she got me a glass of wine. I didn't really drink, but at this point it seemed like fair play to me. How many was one too many? One.

"I hate my life!" I was slurring my words together now and lounged over Tiffany's couch wrapped in plasttic. I didn't even consider the thought of leaving that couch, Tiffany was going to listen to my y-awful-drunkenly-slurred life and like it. And she was apparently gonna listen with a glass of wine in her own hand.

She sat there looking all but too content in my complaining.

"My sister, she's in the hospital." I sighed, "And I can't pay her hospital bils."

I began sobbing so suddenly. It was stupid and gross and I was pretty sure that I died a little inside.

"Everyone hurts, everything must come to an end, everything dies." Tiffany said it so blankly that it didn't even register until a few minutes later.

And then what she did next. I couldn't even begin to fathom these things as they happened. She began singing to me. She sat down on the couch and rubbed my shoulder and sang a song.

"Everytime I see you fall, I get down on my knees and pray..." She trailed off and began humming the song. I didn't feel like asking what the song was, so I just enjoyed the humming while it lasted.

Somewhere it there, mind you I still didn't like her, I fell asleep there. With that song floating through my mind. I didn't want to think of anything else but that song at the moment.

I let my eyelids flutter open what seemed like seconds later. And there was Jessica, she was sitting across from me. I was in my own bed. Jessica sat there looking at me as if she had something to scold me about.

"What?" I asked. I squinted when she pulled open the curtains.

"You got drunk and fell asleep at that girl's-"

"Tiffany" I shouldn't have interjected, she sighed.

"Tiffany's apartment, she saw me coming home and asked me if I could get you home."

"Oh." I sat up, "Thanks."

"Uh yeah." She stood up, she began to leave, but then she turned around and looked at me with a relaxed expression, then she held her hand up as if to do a motion. Then she set it down, "You know if you're ever in trouble just let me know, I'll break you out of jail, or drag you home after getting so drunk you can't stand."

I smiled at her, that was the first nice thing she had EVER said to me, "Thanks Jess."

She smiled back at me, and I really truly saw the beauty in her then, "Have a good day Sooyoung."

We're best friends.

I got up and sat down at my dining table and looked at all the bills. I was so disheveled from last night's and this mornings activities that I couldn't see straight. I looked at the Calendar. Monday.

I headed outside and began making my way to the coffee shop. I tried to avoid all the people trying to go to work. I was so jealous of them I couldn't even think about walking in a straight line.

I stepped in and made my order and notice Tiffany sitting by the window reading the newspaper and sipping at some fancy looking coffee.

She didn't look up until I say down, in which she took it upon herself to smile and lay her hand on mine.

"How are you this morning?" She asked.

"I'm fine," My tone was so cheery I didn't even recognize it. I smiled, "How are you?"

"A little tired." She said, "I bet you found out who your real friends are this morning."

"Hm?" I looked at her.

"That Jessica girl, she cares about you a lot." She nods looking down at her coffee and smiling, "She is really truly a friend, like Taeyeon and I."

Real friend? I didn't even consider real. We were just freinds because we had no one else, but somehow we had developed something more than being pity friends.

I liked the idea. I liked to think we were friends because we had things in common, and because we liked to be around eachother. And that we loved each other even though we both had such cold and endearing towards other people.

Then unmuntionable thoughts began running through my mind I think that maybe Tiffany and I had started becoming those kind of friends too that day.

"I've never had a real friend." I breathed out, I accidently thought out loud.

"She's been there all along," Tiffany stirred sugar into her coffee, "Niether of you noticed until this morning."

Maybe we were both so absorbed in our own world, that we didn't notice that as a pair we had been friends since day one.

We had decided the day we met that we were going to be the only two that mattered to each other.

And I felt that in Tiffany though.

"I know we haven't known each other very long..." I said, "But are we..." I pointed to me then her, "Considered friends."

She smiled, "Sure!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:Yay! I like this chapter actually, I really want to touch up on the whole relationship complexity of the story. That'll come in handy later. So uh yeah THIS FIC HAS 9 SUBSCRIBERS. Yeah uhh...sowaeneul malhaebwaaaa~~~

Comments and subs are much appreciated.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Even my silent readers :3

Because I love you,

I will update

Again in a few days

Because I love you <3

So thanks and I'll see you in a few days with a new chapter

And I hope you like this fic as much as I do

I'm so proud of it >.<

I'm so conceded.

Oh yeah and if you read the author's note all the way through

Then we should get married.

Because I love those people who read what i have to say.

xD